If what George Lucas said is absolute...

Lathari

I just want to see what they have planned for Star Wars, and what BioWare has to say will be interesting too. Couldn't care less about FIFA or Call of Duty...

Trust me, the only thing I care about at E3 is the new Batman game (I think it will be there), anything Star Wars, and anything from BioWare.

I have no interesting Call of Duty or anything of that ilk.

I just want to see what they have planned for Star Wars, and what BioWare has to say will be interesting too. Couldn't care less about FIFA or Call of Duty...

Thrawn will never be as good in a movie as he is in your head.

Although It would be interesting to see who they'd get to play him (someone inappropriate probably).

I'm not a Lucas fanboy, but I don't believe this is entirely accurate. Lucas has already said that, though he may have sold the company to Disney, they all sit down with him and as they consult with him he explains what they can and can't do, that such and such works this way and not that, etc.

:) Actually grinning picturing the meeting where poor ol' George sits there like Yoda, holding forth on what Disney 'can and can't do' with the franchise he sold them for $billions.

I imagine after the first meeting with the senior execs, he'll be passed on to share his views with the junior execs, then management, then staff, then interns, then cleaning staff until finally he's out in the parking lot talking to the bushes.

George Lucas is an irrelevance and Disney will do whatever the hell it likes with SW.

I'm not a Lucas fanboy, but I don't believe this is entirely accurate. Lucas has already said that, though he may have sold the company to Disney, they all sit down with him and as they consult with him he explains what they can and can't do, that such and such works this way and not that, etc.

:) Actually grinning picturing the meeting where poor ol' George sits there like Yoda, holding forth on what Disney 'can and can't do' with the franchise he sold them for $billions.

I imagine after the first meeting with the senior execs, he'll be passed on to share his views with the junior execs, then management, then staff, then interns, then cleaning staff until finally he's out in the parking lot talking to the bushes.

George Lucas is an irrelevance and Disney will do whatever the hell it likes with SW.

The truth is somewhere betwixt these two extremes, Lucas has some say, mainly because of clauses he put in the terms of sale, but he is no longer the final word in star wars.

The truth is somewhere betwixt these two extremes, Lucas has some say, mainly because of clauses he put in the terms of sale, but he is no longer the final word in star wars.
Technically he is, as long as G-Canon remains intact the following will always apply:

...the six Episodes and any statements by George Lucas (including unpublished production notes from him or his production department that are never seen by the public). Elements originating with Lucas in the movie novelizations, reference books, and other sources are also G-canon, though anything created by the authors of those sources is C-canon...

That may change, but it hasn't yet. And I wouldn't be so sure that you won't be seeing statements from George Lucas concerning the new Star Wars movies. He does after all, remain the most reliable source on the matter. |Who else is going to make such statements? Bob Iger?

George Lucas's word no longer applies , he sold his company and properties within it to Disney ! Now it's up to them to follow already set guildlines ( likely ) or move forward with their own .

Say if George Lucas said that JarJar is more powerful than Darth Maul ......Disney could be like " No way " and that would be the law of the land .

Of course their will be a bunch of fanboys running around ignoring Disney's decision but ......... That would be completely stupid and get no one anywhere !

Before some fanboy says it , there is no contract that gives George Lucas power over Disney . That would be ownership and no one buys a 4billion plus company to allow the past owner any say ! There is no contract because it would have been said by Disney or Lucas by now............get over it

While you are technically correct, his word NO LONGER applies, his words prior, do. The contract (which has remained sealed) is rumored to hold a codicle that forbids changing certain things set forth by George. What these specifically are, are up to debate. Rumor abounds, but one thing for sure, the hand of GL will be felt long after his death. Plus, any contracts that GL signed BEFORE the sale to Disney, has to be abided by law by both the contract holder and Disney. They can't change it now that Disney owns the IP, they can only enter into NEW contracts.

So all in all it is pretty much a waste of time arguing this, unless someone can produce the contract that he signed with Disney.

Edited by Thylbanus

Does that mean if he said that the average youngling was about 1000 times more powerful than obi wan kenobi would that be unquestionable law according to George Lucas' worshippers
Wait wait wait there is no way he would say that ,and if he did i doubt people would believe him