Legacy gear help?

rreg

Okay so I'm a level 50 Jedi Knight and I want to get a sniper rifle for my Sith Sniper. Problem is, I don't know which item from the Republic legacy armoury would translate to a sniper rifle. Any help please?

The only legacy sniper rifles in the game are the inheritence and birthright main hand ones available from the agent legacy armor vendor on dromund kaas (you probably got an inheritance main hand weapon token while you were levelling your knight - it's the chapter 1 quest reward for all classes).

The tokens are legacy bound, so you can send your interitance main hand weapon token (if you still have it) over to your sniper via the mail.

The problem with these weapons is that they are not moddable and once you get much past level 15 for the inheritance one and 35 for the birthright one, they really just aren't good any more.

There are a couple legacy modable sniper rifles from the great hunt world event a couple months ago, but if you didn't buy one during that week and a half, you can't get one any more.

If you're rich, you can buy one of the purple quality level 1 sniper rifles that the cartel packs drop from another player (they're available on the gtn) and then have your sniper keep it up to date with barrels/mods/enhancements.

Otherwise, you're just going to have to gear your sniper the same way you did your jedi knight. The best way to get a good one early is to run black talon enough times til you get enough commendations to get one from the dromund kaas commendation vendor. He has a pretty good weapon of every type.