Fixing Secondary Stats

copasetic

I'm copy+pasting this from another thread I posted in since I feel secondary stats need to be looked at more by Bioware since the majority of them are absolutely useless.

For those that are saying that we need a Crit+Power Enchancement now to make up for Surge being less beneficial past a certain point, you need to ask yourself if this is really what you want.

If Bioware adds a Crit/Power Enhancement, nearly every class will simply stack Crit/Power and continue to ignore all other Enhancements. Bioware would be avoiding the core issue which is the fact that the remaining Offensive stats, Accuracy & Alacrity (with Healers being possibly the only type of players that need Alacrity), are both useless when it comes to PvP.

How can Bioware make Alacrity and Accuracy more attractive? Here are some ideas:

- Make Accuracy give Armor Penetration past 100%. It will have its own DR curve that will prevent stacking thus forcing DPS players to balance their stats between Crit/Accuracy/Power/Surge

- Make Alacrity maybe reduce the cost of spells past a certain point? Correct me if I am wrong but from what I can understand, casters don't want Alacrity because it means they cast faster thus using their Force/Energy at a faster rate meaning they will burn through their Force/Energy faster while their attacks are doing less damage. Their attacks won't hit nearly as hard as if they had simply stacked Surge so they forego Alacrity completely and stack Surge. Would this solution help fix Alacrity?

And what about the Defensive stats such as Defense Rating, Shield Absorption, & Shield Chance? From what I've read from PvP tanks, these stats are nearly useless in PvP. How can we improve these?

I'm just throwing out ideas so in no way are these flawless examples. Feel free to share your own.

Un-nerf surge

Make defense lower crit damage

This makes accuracy useful for classess that do white damage, and defense useful for all classess period

Make all damage taken through guard count as 'white' damage and be shieldable and dodgeable. This fixes all defensive stats for pvp tanks with out having tanks running around that are unkillable (that would happen if you let people run around with 30% defense and 50/50 shield/absorb that worked against all damage and is the reason these do not work in pvp currently)

Make alacrity increase force/energy regeneration rates.