Expertise: Discouraging people from PVP.

Jurgen-Ferik

5% difference in stats between a bm and a one day old 50. Cry harder.

Lol, what have you been smoking?

Even if all main stats were the same, (which they're not, full bm has adds at least 2000 more hps, not to mention about 200 additional points to main stat) expertise alone adds at least a 10% bonus in pvp.

It's not limited to just that though, if you get a 10% bonus to all damage, your target gets all damage reduced by 10%, so this translates to a (at least) 20% difference in damage output.

Now adding all of this together, with skill levels being equal, someone in full BM gear will be maybe at 40% health when he's done curbstomping a one day old 50.

The problem has never been people in expertise gear rolling people without expertise gear, but people in epic rolling people in greens. It was that way before they segregated the brackets (since it's a lot easier to be epiced out at 50 than it is to be epiced out at 23) and it's that way still now.

Good news for you whiners though. It ISN'T HARD to get gear in this game. It doesn't even really matter whether or not it is pve gear or pvp gear for the most part. Just get epics. Hell all you need are credits and you can buy mods on the Auction House that can make social gear BETTER than Rakata gear (minus the set bonuses), since the innate unremovable armoring that is in Rakata gear is of poorer quality that the level 140 armoring mods that drop from bosses.

this guy gets it.

protip.

dont save your commendations to buy that champion mainweapon or the bit that stands out the most (chest pieces)

get your centurion gear and go for the cheap upgrades first.. this will net you a quick 7-8% in expertise and make you a decent opponent in pvp that doesnt die too fast.

ive leveled up 3 chars and got them in near full champion gear by this method. ofc its hell the first week of pvping (as it should be!) because i have little to zero expertise! but the break point is with the near full centurion gear! (notice i started pvping with my alts AFTER the championbag change. that change is a good thing not a bad thing!!

also im not rolling the flavor of the month classes.. my first char was a sage healer, after that a gunslinger and finally a jedi guardian. currently working on my imperial agent :D

edit also.. in order to make this quite big grind enjoyable is to not try to be 100% efficient with your valor grind. with this i mean its no point to chase after medals except for the obvious ones. but the medals usually comes naturally as you play anyway.

in WZ try to figure out what YOUR class can do to turn the tide. and every now and then you WILL meet a group of BM´s from the opposing team with full champ / bm gear. just ride it out. its still better valorwise to loose a game than to qeueu up for a new one.

Edited by CJHN

I think there is an issue when you break 50 with the way medals are awarded.

I don't mind getting wiped by an epic spec, thats part of the game, but with your opponents geared with expertise the damage reduction means its exponentially harder to get medals. You can't do the damage you used to so its a very hard slog at the beginning of 50 just to get a more than a couple of medals.

I for one made the mistake of concentrating on crafting while leveling instead of saving up WZ commendations/bags. The first 20 games were painful. Especially if you play a class that can't maximize the number of medals being awarded.

Admittedly after you get a couple of PvP items things get easier, so its more of awareness saying you need to save up those commendations, but is that really an as intended mechanic. Its doubly hard. Can't kill the oposition and its hard to get the medals to get the kit to compete with them.

It would have been better thought out to give more emphasis (weighted medals) based on winning tactics. Medal for each Hutball you score for example, that way even if you can't damage as much you get medals for playing well.

what an asinine thread

pvp gear is more easier to obtain than ever, if you do the dailies and get 1 bag from commedations, thats 3 per day. in 10 days you'd have 210 champion tokens and 450 centurion tokens giving you a full set of pvp gear. (NOT INCLUDING WEEKLY QUESTS)

where do you people come from? hello kitty online? play a game like Aion and then come back and tell me its hard to obtain gear in this game. its a joke, in 2-3 weeks you'd have full pvp gear and an abundance of extra tokens to gear up your companions.

where does this sense of entitlement come from?

EARN your ****

Edited by venjinze

what an asinine thread

pvp gear is more easier to obtain than ever, if you do the dailies and get 1 bag from commedations, thats 3 per day. in 10 days you'd have 210 champion tokens and 450 centurion tokens giving you a full set of pvp gear. (NOT INCLUDING WEEKLY QUESTS)

where do you people come from? hello kitty online? play a game like Aion and then come back and tell me its hard to obtain gear in this game. its a joke, in 2-3 weeks you'd have full pvp gear and an abundance of extra tokens to gear up your companions.

where does this sense of entitlement come from?

EARN your ****

there is always something to cry about, your logical voice will go ignored as usual or get trolled.

Especially now that loot bags are dropping tokens even less often than before. Why would anybody want to go into a warzone and get constantly owned for months to scrap together enough to the champion gear when some people already have full battlemaster?

Expertise needs to be toned down across the board. It's a good idea but it totally discourages people from PVP.

Just think that getting one champion gun would take 54 WINS at hutball.

If you're not going in at premades that's forever.

You're probably only going to wear 6 pieces of Battle Master gear (to get to 300 expertise, ~7%) The rest will be Rakata gear because it's so much better than BM gear