Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Houses in SWTOR

jorill
01.22.2013 , 05:03 PM | #31
If they decide to do this and just make it something to put furniture and trophies in then making ship customizable would be fine.

However if they had something were you could actuall design the house itself through like an editor in addition to furniture and trophies then actualy housing would be fine. However it would probably need to be instanced as well

Alandross
01.22.2013 , 05:05 PM | #32
Personally I don't want to see houses, just the ability to customize ships. I would love to be able to decorate and theme the outside of the ship too. That could eventually expand to getting new ships with bigger layouts, Guild ships, etc...

Balnazaar
02.17.2013 , 02:05 PM | #33
Yeah, this would be great - my 2 Tatooine Guild Halls had stuff that couldn't be obtained anymore, stuff from the games initial launch even, so many wanted to buy it, someone was desperate- or mad enough- to offer 50 millions for some item I cant remember! And now its all gone...!

But yeah, housing would be cool, or at least be able to buy either in the cities, mainly Coruscant, Dromund Kaas and Nar Shaddaa, to buy apartments or a section to build in, then go to the entry location - an elevator button or something, then you're taken there - and you can even choose base layout of the building and the surrounding terrain buildings for apprearance reasons - or share if its a literal apartment complex, with other players... would need to get a lock for your apartment in that case!

ValcanKrull
02.20.2013 , 11:37 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Solissdeadstar View Post
I am a SWG veteran and I completely agree with the revamping issues with redoing all the planets to make room for housing, that is why I agree with a posting I saw a while back, yet I had the same idea before I even saw it. Make an apartment type housing system on the home worlds like Coruscant and Dromund Kaas. Where all we need is to go to a taxi and fly over to the housing district, and then take a elevator to the floor you are given then you can have an actual apartment to use.
This is a great Idea I think, however, after reading these posts and remembering how much fun I had in SWG flying around in my Decked out Fully customized Black Sun Vigo Gunship I think that expanding our abilities to have a Star Fighter, a POB Player On Board ship like in SWG, and a Gunship once we hit max Ability on piloting would be great with full customizing abilities like in SWG. We then could have full customization to make the POB and/or the Gunship home and they could, like in SWG, hold 250+ items and have furniture like in SWG .

I miss being able to set up like 20 cabinets or more to store my ship parts all organized by Tier lvl and Part type, and also for everything else I had, like med packs, stims, food and drink, also armor and weapons. I see ARIC Jorgan aboard my BT-17 Thunderclap standing next to a gun rack that I cannot even use, and that is not cool I think having the full ability to organize and customize our ships would be the best solution. I also believe that by doing this would grant us more freedom in our own space(s). I think they could also introduce statues, paintings, and furniture to the SWTOR universe, if this game is supposed to be the next generation of SW universe I think we need a little more control, freedom, and customization like SWG to make this acceptable in my point of view.
I agree with most of this except I didn't care for the SWG model for housing with upkeep and it being like I had a house payment in a game I just wanted to have fun with. But I like having quarters on my capital world and being able to customize my personal starship.

I mentioned the following in another thread and thought it might be applicable to this conversation.

I would say guilds need space stations and/or Skyhooks. Possibly Capital Ships.

I also believe there needs to be something in endgame for solo players. That being said solo's could build frigates or asteroid bases, possibly even capital ships (with A LOT of time invested).

Frigates, Capital Ships, and/or Asteroid Bases for solo's or small guilds.

Larger guilds could focus on Capital Ships, Skyhooks, and/or Space Stations.

Make the end game PvE and PvP help players to then build these items and use them for end game activities like Operations, Heroic Space Combat, Warzones, etc.

In addition to this, what if a ship or base run by a solo player, small guild, or large guild could have mercenaries or security forces onboard? Other players or guilds could then run a flashpoint or op on your ship or base in order to win credits or gear. Also if the player or guild members are online they could even help to defend their own instance against opposing players/guilds in a PvE/PvP mash up.

QuiDonJorn
02.21.2013 , 02:15 AM | #35
Dont need player housing in this game.
Your ship is your house. Make that customizable? Sure go 'head.

Solissdeadstar
05.10.2013 , 06:54 PM | #36
Well just a thought they would not have to actually redesign the planets, my idea is that they could just make an instance in the planet, like your class ship hanger bay, that would be for your apartment, like say on coruscant or underground on tatooine.

Or
They could just make the entire existing hanger bay that we currently use, and we could customize them, like the guys car garage or man cave. You could decorate, and furnish the entire hanger bay keep your old mounts there to show off to friends, or even have all of your star ships and fighters there too. I think this is the best idea, just use the existing hanger bay for our classes, and just let us design and customize the entire hanger bay.
Soliss Deadstar

The Deadstar awakens to summon powers from the darkness of the Force enraging his body with power, & strength. The Empire Shall Free The Galaxy From Oppression!