Not getting mission discovery missions

DarthBrakkan

I am having a problem and it's frustrating the hell out of me. I am in a string of about 10 - 15 runs and have got one 340 purple mission discovery from a purple 340 slicing mission. I keep getting basic stuff back 4 blue slicing mats, 4 purple slicing mats and 1 lockbox with about 2k. I am making money due to the inflated price of might augments but very little when I am buying the missions for 65k and up. I am 400 slicing, 6k comp affection, +10 slicing crit comp, and even bought the legacy crafting crap.

First of all, you cannot get missions from tech parts. Secondly, there are no 10 crit companions in the game. And lastly, the legacy perk only affects crafting.

I am not getting them from the purple 340 slicing missions...which are supposed to drop mission discovery missions. Also, Theran Cedrax is +10 Slicing Crit. And, I read in the forums that the legacy perk is also for missions (even though it's not not worded that way). That may not be true.

I am not getting them from the purple 340 slicing missions...which are supposed to drop mission discovery missions. Also, Theran Cedrax is +10 Slicing Crit. And, I read in the forums that the legacy perk is also for missions (even though it's not not worded that way). That may not be true.

Sources I have seen say Tharan is a +10 slicing efficiency, not crit. That just means the companion works faster.

As far as I understand,and i remember reading a quote somewhere, the legacy crafting perk ONLY effects critical success on crafting. Not missions, or gathering. Companion bonuses definitely help out so I recommend that for sure.

The thing is, because getting an augmented result doesn't really matter that much anymore due to augmentation kits, but when you craft an augment and crit you get two.

First of all, you cannot get missions from tech parts. Secondly, there are no 10 crit companions in the game. And lastly, the legacy perk only affects crafting.

This^^^ All absolutely correct. Is op saying he should GET 340 mission discoveries from running 340 slicing mission discoveries? Uh... No. Just.... No. LOL!

I am having a problem and it's frustrating the hell out of me. I am in a string of about 10 - 15 runs and have got one 340 purple mission discovery from a purple 340 slicing mission. I keep getting basic stuff back 4 blue slicing mats, 4 purple slicing mats and 1 lockbox with about 2k. I am making money due to the inflated price of might augments but very little when I am buying the missions for 65k and up. I am 400 slicing, 6k comp affection, +10 slicing crit comp, and even bought the legacy crafting crap.

It's bad luck, that's all. You only get missions when you crit.

And, yes, like the others said, the +10 doesn't help for crits only for time, and no one really knows if the legacy thing works (the DEVs have been wrong on this topic in the past, it was corrected by someone else, but the correction didn't contain info aboutt gathering missions, iirc).

Get your companion to 10k affection, it doesn't cost that much.

That being said... you can make quite some profit from the 4 purple mats that you get. These mats are the reason why the missions costs so much.

Run the rank 6 Abundant lockbox mission and the 2 rank 5 Rich lockbox missions. You'll get the 340 mission discoveries.

My current crit rate is between 17% and 22% on those missions. The longest I've gone without a crit on any one mission is 17. I track only companions with 10k affection so if yours have less, you'll get less crits.

And why the f!@# not? How else are you supposed to get them?

From any lockbox mission when it crits? If 340 missions guaranteed a 340 discovery, they'd be a tad OP. As is the purple mats they give are pretty darn nice.

From any lockbox mission when it crits? If 340 missions guaranteed a 340 discovery, they'd be a tad OP. As is the purple mats they give are pretty darn nice.

Your right, if I understand correctly, 340 mission discovery drops shouldn't be guaranteed from a 340 mission discovery mission. But, I have ran at last count 31 of the 340 purple missions and I've gotten 2 mission discovery drops. One was a slicing mission (cool) and the other was a Dark side, I think diplomacy, drop. Thats with my comp being at 10k affection.

Apparently the only comp that I'm going to have with +anything slicing crit is my r2d2 droid that is on my artifice. It would be nice to determine your own comps based on the crating prof you choose. The only one of my character where the comps somewhat match up is my smuggler that has cybertech, scavenging and underworld trading.

• 2 years later...
I just did a search on this and unfortunately my old thread is the only one I can find on this problem. I guess I am the only one in SWTOR that has this problem. I now have 3 chars that I spam lockboxes constantly and still only get the worthless missions of Diplomacy, Investigation, and one other I can't think of. I go to the GTN and people (the same person) are selling 10-15 Slicing/UT/TH missions at a time. Is the game programed to see what crew skills you have and give you the opposite of what you need? So everything is handled through the GTN? This problem is very, very frustrating. I have literally never a 450 slicing mission from thousands and thousands of lockboxes. Then I go to the GTN and one person has 10-15 for sale at 100k. Makes me want to @#$%^& scream.

I just did a search on this and unfortunately my old thread is the only one I can find on this problem. I guess I am the only one in SWTOR that has this problem. I now have 3 chars that I spam lockboxes constantly and still only get the worthless missions of Diplomacy, Investigation, and one other I can't think of. I go to the GTN and people (the same person) are selling 10-15 Slicing/UT/TH missions at a time. Is the game programed to see what crew skills you have and give you the opposite of what you need? So everything is handled through the GTN? This problem is very, very frustrating. I have literally never a 450 slicing mission from thousands and thousands of lockboxes. Then I go to the GTN and one person has 10-15 for sale at 100k. Makes me want to @#$%^& scream.

If it is any consolation, in my experience, discovered missions are weighted, with Investigation, Diplomacy, and Treasure Hunting, being more common, Slicing being the rarest of the bunch, and the rest falling the middle.

That being said, you have three characters able to run a total of three grade 9 lockbox missions each (the abundant, bountiful, and rich lockbox missions can all generate discovered missions). That means in any one pass you can run 9 missions. Next question is how often do you log in to run more missions? Those people you mention probably have 10 characters running all three of those missions all the time, so they are running THIRTY missions every 45 minutes or so. Sheer volume of missions run gets them the number of discovered missions.

If it is any consolation, in my experience, discovered missions are weighted, with Investigation, Diplomacy, and Treasure Hunting, being more common, Slicing being the rarest of the bunch, and the rest falling the middle.

That being said, you have three characters able to run a total of three grade 9 lockbox missions each (the abundant, bountiful, and rich lockbox missions can all generate discovered missions). That means in any one pass you can run 9 missions. Next question is how often do you log in to run more missions? Those people you mention probably have 10 characters running all three of those missions all the time, so they are running THIRTY missions every 45 minutes or so. Sheer volume of missions run gets them the number of discovered missions.

Since I started playing again, I run about 40 or so lockbox missions a day. Just guessing because I don't really keep track but the whole time I'm logged in (about 2 to 3 hours) 3 characters are running with 5 companions each. I understand that they are weighted and I understand why but I should be getting more of the missions I actually need (TH, Slicing, UT). I don't even mind buying them on the GTN but for what people sell them for on the GTN I can't even make a profit.

Since I started playing again, I run about 40 or so lockbox missions a day. Just guessing because I don't really keep track but the whole time I'm logged in (about 2 to 3 hours) 3 characters are running with 5 companions each. I understand that they are weighted and I understand why but I should be getting more of the missions I actually need (TH, Slicing, UT). I don't even mind buying them on the GTN but for what people sell them for on the GTN I can't even make a profit.

Why "should" you? random is random. See also "watched pot."

Umm, just run lockbox missions if you want discovered missions. I have 3 slicers and I send all 5 of their maxed affection companions out at least 3-4 times a day. The lockbox missions I have them run are grade 9 rich/bountiful, grade 6 abundant and the 2 rich grade 5's. I get several discovered missions (340 and 450) per day and sometimes have absurdly lucky (or unlucky) streaks such as last weekend when I got 6 underworld trading 450 missions in a roll. I swear my RNG simply went bonkers that day.

Umm, just run lockbox missions if you want discovered missions. I have 3 slicers and I send all 5 of their maxed affection companions out at least 3-4 times a day. The lockbox missions I have them run are grade 9 rich/bountiful, grade 6 abundant and the 2 rich grade 5's. I get several discovered missions (340 and 450) per day and sometimes have absurdly lucky (or unlucky) streaks such as last weekend when I got 6 underworld trading 450 missions in a roll. I swear my RNG simply went bonkers that day.

Did you actually read my post? That's all i've been doing is running lockbox missions.

Did you actually read my post? That's all i've been doing is running lockbox missions.

Yes I did read your original post and it sounded like you were running sliced parts missions based on the returns you've been getting.

I keep getting basic stuff back 4 blue slicing mats, 4 purple slicing mats and 1 lockbox with about 2k.

If all you have been running were lockbox mission then it should be impossible for you to get sliced tech parts as the reward.

Anyway, if discovered missions are what you are after, you need to run "lockbox" missions exclusively.

Edited by Oneirophrenia

Not saying that slicing isn't frustrating sometimes, but if it's just the missions you're looking for, don't give up on watching the GTN. Every week I'll manage to grab half a dozen or so higher level UT, TH and the occasional Slicing mission that just get thrown up for sale for less than 5,000 creds and sometimes less than 1,000. I snap those puppies right up.

Whichever TH missions grant Krayt Dragon Pearls and Ice-Jewels and whichever UT mission that grants Krayt Dragon Scales...one week someone posted 3-4 of each at a time for about 850 creds a pop. Double checking the ACTUAL prices for those Missions, it made more sense for me to run the mission and sell the mats I didn't need. Scales sent to my Cybertech, gifts either used or sold.

It may not be often but you will find those missions posted by folks who are just looking to make bag space or don't know any better about what they actually have. :rak_03:

Of course if it's just max level stuff you're talking about my apologies and disregard what I just posted. :)

Edited by JazzyDevil

^^^This is correct. I have 7 alts (4 of them level 55) that all run slicing missions. That 20+ missions every hour. At night I log on and cycle through all of them. So I get about 40-50 missions on average per night. It's all luck on getting the slicing missions. They are the rarest but sometimes you can get lucky (one night I got 4 slicing missions). Most of the time it's treasure hunting, investigation, or diplomacy.