Help with dual screen setup

Jyrrl

Actually, it isn't so much as dual screen setup as how do I get the game back to the original setup without logging into game? I was in game and went from fullscreen to windowed amd moved it from my 17.5" monitor (which is the main on my laptop) to my secondary monitor (22" HD screen), and put it back to fullscreen. Well, now the game crashes every time I log in. Sucks, and I cannot get back into the game at all. I ran the repair tool, but have not reinstalled it completely. I am going to see if (like in WoW) there are *** files I can delete to reset it.

Thanks, any ideas/help appreciated.

Edited by Jyrrl

Actually, it isn't so much as dual screen setup as how do I get the game back to the original setup without logging into game? I was in game and went from fullscreen to windowed amd moved it from my 17.5" monitor (which is the main on my laptop) to my secondary monitor (22" HD screen), and put it back to fullscreen. Well, now the game crashes every time I log in. Sucks, and I cannot get back into the game at all. I ran the repair tool, but have not reinstalled it completely. I am going to see if (like in WoW) there are *** files I can delete to reset it.

Thanks, any ideas/help appreciated.

In the settings folder (either in C:\Documents and Settings\[YOUR USER]\Local Settings\Application Data\SWTOR\swtor\settings OR users\[YOUR USER]) there is a client_settings.ini file.

Make a copy of it so you can go back if you make a mistake, but the lines you probably want to change are:

WindowX and WindowY - these will state the position on the desktop of your game window and depending on your dual-screen setup will be either negative (if your main screen is to the right of the additional screen) or at an X position bigger than your main screens resolution. Changing them to 0 should put the game window back on your main screen.

Or you can change the full screen setting in that file and see if that helps you start up.