WZ desertion penalty

Sadishist

Can't remember how many times I join a WZ to see that it's in the middle of a match and the team joined is getting creamed. So many people quit when their team starts to lose, think should make it so that if you leave a match early, the next WZ match you're in you get a small healing penalty or something small in that regard. Fair?

I never played WoW, how was it done there?

If you bailed from a match, you couldn't queue again for a few minutes. Fifteen, I believe.

That said, it largely just encouraged people to give up and sit in a corner of the map waiting to lose, as far as I could see.

Only if we can choose to exclude certain Warzones when we queue. Most of the time I desert it has nothing to do with my team, it's because I got forced in to Huttball.

Well if you quit before the round starts, I see no reason for penalty. Once it starts, different story.

Why do people do that?

Because in WoW you still got points for losing even if you did nothing at all the entire time, unlike here where you need at least one medal. People could easily lose their way to gear and they still do as far as I know.

Players will find a way around this.

The game can't make the distinction between someone just quitting the match manually and someone who lost connection. Therefore, any kind of penalty will also hit players who disconnect, and that's not cool. Even if BioWare could figure out how to make that distinction, then players would just start pulling the plug to leave matches to avoid the penalty.

The game can't make the distinction between someone just quitting the match manually and someone who lost connection. Therefore, any kind of penalty will also hit players who disconnect, and that's not cool. Even if BioWare could figure out how to make that distinction, then players would just start pulling the plug to leave matches to avoid the penalty.

Yeah I crash constantly since 1.4. Should I be penalized for a known memory leak on their end that I have zero control over? I think not.

And if they did, I'd seriously reconsider keeping my sub.

Disconnections should be the player's responsibility. Regardless, the penalty is only temporary, shouldn't affect people who disconnect once a while versus someone who leaves intentionally.

This will never be implemented, because it is a bad idea. Period. There's really no point to even having a discussion about it.

While it can be frustrating to have players leave the match, it's not the end of the world. Worst case scenario, your team loses the match. You were probably going to lose anyway, which is why people left in the first place.

This will never be implemented, because it is a bad idea. Period. There's really no point to even having a discussion about it.

While it can be frustrating to have players leave the match, it's not the end of the world. Worst case scenario, your team loses the match. You were probably going to lose anyway, which is why people left in the first place.

I've had far too many games that I can remember where things start to look bad. The lamers quit and within minutes the game gets turned round to be a win, sometimes even before a new player has joined.

At the end of the day those that quit need to be penalized for doing so, and if people cant handle losing **** of PvP. Take your licks from a loss and learn from it. Its the only way you get better.

Many other games ive played have this system in place, works a treat. However to do this you also then have to put in an afk system, or the issue that someone has mentioned in this thread of guys tucking away in the corner walking into walls becomes the new leave WZ on loss.

30 min deserter debuff and option to boot AFK'ers. Shouldnt be hard to put in as the AFK option already in place and the deserter debuff is in place on the group finder just move it to PvP aswell.

Edited by Utorian

I think that you shouldn't be able to requeue until the match you left is over. Plus a 5 minute penalty. If you feel like you can't take another round of Huttball, or ACW, or whatever, and have "better things to do", then you should do those things until the warzone finishes.

• 2 weeks later...