Thank You Swtor Dev Team! for the new energy Being directed towards the game!

lynxkiller

since the release of jedi under siege iv noticed a huge increase in quality of 3d models the new mounts, the new jedi under siege models, the dark lord armour.

all of these things are without a doubt some of the best models iv seen in the game, the texture quaintly and overall modelling just shows you have a very good 3d modeller on ur team right now and personally deserves a raise because they are all clearly modelled by him/her and its just increased the overall quality of the game and makes the game interesting to play.

hopefully this is sign of change and going into the new expansion we can expect more of this amazing modelling and maybe a sign towards having character models redone.

iv been playing this game for 8 years and its nice to see some new energy pumped into the graphical department, many games just let their game die and become outdated and its nice to see this improvement and i want to let you know i recognise it and so do many other people

thanks again for sticking it out and not just flopping the game

Edited by lynxkiller

Hmm... I think that claiming that there is "new energy" being brought to the game isn't an overly realistic claim. It takes them 2+ months just to fix some game-effecting bugs, for example. It takes them 1.5 years or so to finish developing an operation.

I agree though that the graphics look pretty good these days. I just played Rishi today on an old alt with whom I hadn't played since... well, before 4.0. I previously thought that Rishi is a really beautiful place. I still think so, but I was a bit confused about how clumsy and blurry things look there. Starting with KotFE, the graphics really improved a lot, especially when it comes to details.

Ossus is very beautiful and the story is nice. But it's also very short and not overly substantial. And at the end, the gameplay is what matters, not the shiny graphics.

For the new ? energy ? Being directed towards the game!

/face-palm

I honestly thought the title was sarcasm till I read the OP.

There are so many bugs that out weigh the beauty, that I can’t see how this is “new energy”. It seems it is just bringing the 3D modeling into line with newer/updated tools when doing the models. ie, the software modeling got an update.

I use to use 3D modeling to make my own little animations or art. The software is constantly evolving (faster than swtor). It would make perfect sense that the software they use has had an update.

I will take my hat off to the artists & Charles (brief) Story. The landscapes and farms are nice. But the actual 3D modeling around the terrain has a tonne of bugs. From getting stuck on stairs, to glitching through obstacles or glitching back. Not being able to access certain objects without finding some obtruse work around.

Let’s not forget the totally bugged gearing systems that is taking two months to fix since they released. The other numerous mission bugs that aren’t fixed yet (and should never have made it past the pts “if” they’d been allow to be tested).

Lastly you have this abortive gearing system that a majority hate and wasn’t needed to evolve the way it’s been implemented. The grind is terrible.

All the good things like the story, art and pretty vista are drowned out by the overwhelming amount of bad.

So from my point of view and I’m sure many others (after reading all the feed back since it was released), there is NO “new energy” being directed to the game. If anything energy and funding is being directed away from the game.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

But it's also very short and not overly substantial. And at the end, the gameplay is what matters, not the shiny graphics.

At the end of the day, this is all that matters ^^

If the game isn’t fun (too much grind or bad mechanics), isnt engaging enough (too short) or is full of bugs, then the best graphics in the world don’t matter.

What matters is enjoying the experience. I’m glad the OP is enjoying it, but I’m not. I’ve not played OSSUS since December and wont be till the bugs (mainly gearing) and new stupid gearing system are changed.

I’ve spent 80% of my time in the game playing space barbies and crafting. Instead of my normal pvp or playing Ossus dailies, I would rather do old heroic dailies than constantly doing Ossus.

since the release of jedi under siege iv noticed a huge increase in quality of 3d models the new mounts, the new jedi under siege models, the dark lord armour.

all of these things are without a doubt some of the best models iv seen in the game, the texture quaintly and overall modelling just shows you have a very good 3d modeller on ur team right now and personally deserves a raise because they are all clearly modelled by him/her and its just increased the overall quality of the game and makes the game interesting to play.

hopefully this is sign of change and going into the new expansion we can expect more of this amazing modelling and maybe a sign towards having character models redone.

iv been playing this game for 8 years and its nice to see some new energy pumped into the graphical department, many games just let their game die and become outdated and its nice to see this improvement and i want to let you know i recognise it and so do many other people

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Best laugh ive had all week, send me some of what your smoking please.

Be safe

Keep in mind that this could be possibly the last of what is in the pipeline from the developers, something they finished on almost a year ago before resources were diverted away to Anthem. Don't be so sure that they have that much more coming, at least not until we know more about their future plans for SWTOR for the next few months.

So, creating things that sell on the CM is now "new energy" being directed towards the game? Alright then. :)

Glad they are pushing out nice shinies and not focusing so much on bugs, content, proper gearing, and basically every other facet of the game because shiny things are what determines "new energy." rofl.