Apac = asia pacific

DuckfisH

I'm just curious, since you were never forced into moving to APAC servers you had the choice to move if you wanted too.. Why did you pick a server that has worse ping then what you were already playing on? or make the choice to start here if you were aware US servers gave you better ping? :rolleyes:

Fair question. I was on Drooga's Pleasure Barge at launch, which was an abject failure, peak time fleet population of 10-15 people, ghost town. When APAC was launched, I and many others like meaghs moved over for the promise of a more active communtity in the TZ that we play in at the expense of worse ping, yes. It was our choice, and that's why WE HAVE NOT COMPLAINED ABOUT THE PING for the last year and a half, we just got on with the pvp/pve that we love with the great people that we've had the opportunity to play with on APAC.

Now after all that time, Bioware makes a decision that will see the rest of the Asia Pacific benefit from better pings and an even larger community, and all we say is "wow! great!" and we get jumped on/trolled/*****ed out/told to shut up? *** guys, stop behaving like a bunch of ignorant bullies and learn to live in a society, or you're just making yourself look bad.

Regional servers aren't all about the ping. I'm not AUS/NZ... I'm in Micronesia (my timezone is the same as Sydney)... I joined the APAC servers for the community - to game with players in my time zone. For many, this is what regional servers are about - for us, it's not the ping, it's the community. I suspect that we (players more concerned with compatible TZ than a 20ms ping) are the silent majority here. - M.

I'd disagree with that statement, regional servers have everything to do with ping and that's why they are made and that's why people try to find the one closest to them. Even within America, West Coast Americans try to play on West Coast servers because hey 20ms is better then 80ms.

There is always "unofficial servers" with communities created for people within a set time zone that don't have regional servers available, and people tend to migrate to those settings regardless. I.E. I believe the Harbinger was one of the unofficial APAC server for those who started prior to our regional launch. They have and always will continue to exist while regional servers don't exist, but we had them and it's a gigantic shame they are letting them go, without first testing the population during a giant server merge.

even larger community,.

I don't see where you will find a larger APAC community, if anything, this will dilute the APAC community into smaller more segregated systems with people dispersing into different servers.

Either way, I think you need to put the shoe on the other foot for a moment, and think about your feelings if you were forced onto a server that doubled or even tripled your ping. Not given a choice to accept a higher ping, but forced to do it.

You speak like your all about the community and you don't care about ping, but your basically celebrating an act that will damage the community because your getting a better ping. I just don't follow your rationale anymore.

Edited by Blyter

I just don't follow your rationale anymore.

Ok ok, sorry about that, let me put it in terms you might understand then:

You have a right to be unhappy about it.

I have a right to be happy about it.

Also, many ppl in SPC (which i am in too btw) are quite excited about this and say so.

Ok ok, sorry about that, let me put it in terms you might understand then:

You have a right to be unhappy about it.

I have a right to be happy about it.

Also, many ppl in SPC (which i am in too btw) are quite excited about this and say so.

Then don't speak about playing for the community, if you are self motivated. It's just incorrect and nobody is winning from the community stand point, hence the community backlash. There is only a minority population set to gain because of ping improvements.

An SPC is only excited by the prospect of more ranked warzones. Til they get there, and realize hey.. we don't play the same time zones as the majority of these people.. so queue times will still be ridiculously slow after the excitement blows over..

Then don't speak about playing for the community, if you are self motivated. It's just incorrect and nobody is winning from the community stand point, hence the community backlash. There is only a minority population set to gain because of ping improvements.

An SPC is only excited by the prospect of more ranked warzones. Til they get there, and realize hey.. we don't play the same time zones as the majority of these people.. so queue times will still be ridiculously slow after the excitement blows over..

Are you telling me faster wz pops, faster group finder pops and having much more people to interract with and play with is not good for the community? Now I don't follow you.

Just ask yourself, is a good ping worth it when we have to q 45mins for a wz?

Dalborra doesnt have 45min queue times.. and if you do its because you play during non peak times.. at night i est no more than 10min queue times and IF they rolled the 3 servers into 1 that time would go down..

On double XP weekends i do see the level 50s PVP pops up higher but thats only coz most are leveling alts.

Just ask yourself, is a good ping worth it when we have to q 45mins for a wz?

Can't say I have ever experienced queue times that high. So in my opinion, yes the ping is worth it, but that's just my opinion. I only play during peak hours.

I'm sure if I played non-peak hours or a lot of hours a day, I would enjoy having Americans around to fill the random slots needed in whatever group I wanted, but that's not community related. That's simply filling the void. I would not care for them, I would not acknowledge them. I would do what is needed and move on.

Look, maybe it's just conflicting reports, but many ppl have said the pop time on harby is miles quicker at ALL times, and that the harby off peak population is higher than Dalborra's peak. Seems like ppl are having different experiences?

Kript, pls don't make it out like I'm making stuff up, I have been pvping on Dalborra as long as the next guy, and yes I'm talking about off-peak, some people would like to play in the morn coz they work at night, some can play only when the kids are asleep, some can make it for the peak hours and I'm sure some night owls would like to play at 3am if they could. But the situation now is exactly as you describe, miss peak, then too bad, q for 45mins - indefinitely. This happens a LOT.

How is this a good situation?

That's simply filling the void. I would not care for them, I would not acknowledge them. I would do what is needed and move on.

And this kind of attitude helps the community grow how exactly?

Well I certainly have had a good time pvping with you guys, whether you agree with me or not, I guess most ppl in the community will be unsubbing since the game is gonna be unplayable on NA.......oh wait

This thread will keep an up-to-date list of where Guilds are planning to transfer to when the system opens.

Try to keep this to responses from GM's & Officers about their Guilds.

Harbinger

<Nightmare Council>

<BOSS>

<Wookie Leaks>

<Black Sun>

<Strike Team>

<Legit>

<Ewok'alypse Now>

<Wompa Stompers>

<Dark Reverance>

<Excession>

<A Little Bit Gimp!>

<S. Pizza Cats>

<The Ex-Hothian Ewok Enclave>

<Warriors of the Republic>

<Corvus>

<Notorious Synergy>

<Valorous>

<Four One Nine>

<EightFiveTwo>

<The Prophets of Agony>

<Midian>

<Light of the Republic>

<Infection>

<Sabre Squad>

Bastion

<Core>

<Knights of the Old Republic>

Well I certainly have had a good time pvping with you guys, whether you agree with me or not, I guess most ppl in the community will be unsubbing since the game is gonna be unplayable on NA.......oh wait

Just because we are committed to game, doesn't mean we are happy with our we a being treated. So linking a bunch of guilds committed to keeping some sort of APAC community alive in this debacle is not evidence that we are happy with this.

Just because we are committed to game, doesn't mean we are happy with our we a being treated. So linking a bunch of guilds committed to keeping some sort of APAC community alive in this debacle is not evidence that we are happy with this.

If you are not happy, play something that makes you happy, simple. This is game time, it's supposed to be a break from the stresses of RL. Why keep paying to be unhappy, there is no logic. Go play Elder Scrolls Online/Wow/Guild Wars/Hello Kitty Island Adventure they have awesomely fast apac servers....oh wait...

If you are not happy, play something that makes you happy, simple. This is game time, it's supposed to be a break from the stresses of RL. Why keep paying to be unhappy, there is no logic. Go play Elder Scrolls Online/Wow/Guild Wars/Hello Kitty Island Adventure they have awesomely fast apac servers....oh wait...

Going to a new game that doesn't have oceanic servers is entirely different to being in game that has them, then takes it away.

That was an awesome game!

• 3 weeks later...

I play with a 250-500 ping right now on Gav. I have no trouble with any activity I am in (even PvP is fine mostly). The only time I have had an issue is when I randomly disconnect, but I had that on the NA and EU servers as well, so its likely on my end. Also it is very infrequent now.

My point is as long as your ping is stable, your game experience will be mostly fine. Though things get difficult past 1k...

My only hope is that I won't lose anything other then potentially character names in the merge.

• 4 weeks later...

I am from India, also a part of the APAC region. Before this I have played WoW, EQII, LOTRO & STO. On a good day my ping, (in any game) is about 200-250. On a bad day it is 400+.

I created chars on Dalborra initially because it was closest to my timezone so I thought I would encounter more players for group content. I later created characters on the Shadowlands because of all the positive things I read about it on TORWars. To my surprise the population there during off-peak hours (when I played) was pretty much the same as the population on Dalborra during supposedly peak hours. On some days it was actually better. For the first time I was actually able to do the heroic missions while leveling as there were players to do them with on the leveling planets (On Dalborra those are pretty much empty, at least when I play) . Not only that but the economy was many time better than that of Dalborra. My ping on both is exactly the same, about 200. This has not hampered me in any way. I have on various chars, done WZ's as well as tanked & healed FP's with no problem.

So as the OP said, there are players in the APAC region for whom this is a purely positive change. My only gripe in fact is that I will not be given the choice to move to the Shadowlands as I already have chars there.

There is no chaos, there is only peace.

As long as most of all head to Harbinger, I do believe we would keep our community and gain a few insomniac 'Mericans while having a much larger community to sell Cartel Products to. <Light of the Republic/Empire> would still be open for business.

And there is a silent majority in APAC... The F2P kids from everywhere not Australia. I've seen some really bad child's english about huttball being thrown around a Singapore lan cafe for example. These are the people who cannot post on the forums and maybe they like the improved ping?

But we are all entitled to our opinions... And I'm certainly not leaving unless I can't even play.

• 2 weeks later...
so how long do we have to move? from the asia-pacific servers? Master Dal'Nala to be specific, And if people don't move their characters by the time the servers closes down what happens to those characters?

so how long do we have to move? from the asia-pacific servers? Master Dal'Nala to be specific, And if people don't move their characters by the time the servers closes down what happens to those characters?

You have a little under 60 days to choose which servers you want your toons to be transferred. If you do not transfer by the end of the 60 days, your toons will be punted over to their specific West Coast server, Dalborra to Harbinger, Gav Daragon to Begeren Colony and Master Dar'Nala to Bastion.

If you just can't bear to lower yourself, then unsub, simple. If YOU choose to keep playing a game that no longer meets your stringent standards, then it's YOUR CHOICE. Enjoy the 200ms, I know I will.

I am anti-merge, and it's not about "lowering myself' or having some sort of elitist standards (see stringent). It is about actually being able to enjoy a game I purchased and continue to pay for. Unlike you Duck, I will not have a choice to play on a server with low ping once the merge happens, and that's just a fact. I played WoW from vanilla days and the ping was bad but not game breaking, but the first couple of expansions were also not greatly taxing bandwidth wise. As the graphics & server numbers improved so did the lag, to the end result of it being a joke to play. Ever been looking at your toon with 2/3 health and next second you are floating in a graveyard?

In your other posts you rightly complain about the unfair comments from some regarding the merge, however I fail to see how the comments in your post that I quoted help the situation, as you seem to be walking the same path you are complaining about. I am accepting that the merge is happening but it doesn't mean I have to like it. I may even keep subscribing if I get the 200ms ping you promise me (although how you know the population of Dalborra's computer specs & broadband connections I don't know).

MMO's all suffer from what is a double edged sword - if a server is under populated there is no lag but people complain there aren't enough players to run/pvp with, but when it gets over populated people complain they can't run/pvp because the lag is too great. I think most people who enjoy playing this game will get used to a ping 200 or under, but don't be surprised when they blow up at 400 and over.

Everyone who purchased this game and paid their subscription has a right to an opinion on anything happening in this game, and just because you don't agree doesn't make their opinion any less valid than yours. What no-one has the right to do is abuse others from the cowardice of avatars and anonymity. I apologise to you Duck on behalf of those cowards because those types never will, but please in future do not go tarring all of us who opppose the merger with the same brush.

My only gripe in fact is that I will not be given the choice to move to the Shadowlands as I already have chars there.

They are giving all players on Asia Pacific servers free character transfers to any non-asia pacific server on a one time use basis Ernost, so if you want to transfer your toons to Shadowlands you can do so :)

• 1 month later...