I'm Tired

Frizbit

I'm tired of the constant whiners who come here and post about how all the other games out there never have any problems.

I'm tired of everyone comparing EVERY game to WoW (a polished 8 year game) as it exists now instead of how it existed at launch. In case you're interested, here's a link to ALL the changes that WoW has implemented over the years http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_1.1.0. Scroll to the bottom to see all of the patches (well over 50 of them). At launch it didn't have most of the "nice" features it has now. End game content? All it had was a 40 man raid of Molten Core. No Heroics, No lvl 60 dungeons, no PvP gear, NO dungeon finder (thats right, it didn't come out till a few patches later)m No PvP battlegrounds. What it had was a solid solo friendly game.

I'm tired of people saying "I've never seen downtime like this". Obviously you've never played: Everquest, World of Warcraft (LOTS of downtime in this game, in fact they've probably given several free days due to downtime), Dark Age of Camelot, Everquest II just to name a few. For those who remember, WoW had MAJOR downtime when it first came out. Almost every week it was down.

I'm tired of all the complaining about how "my class got nerfed" GET OVER IT. I play a bounty hunter and YES I feel the nerfs too. Lets use the ever popular World of Warcraft. HUGE nerfs and changes when V2, V3, V4 and V5 came out. V6 (the stupid panda one) they are doing away with skill trees. Games change and make changes as the community asks for it or for balancing issues. I'm sorry that you agents and BH's and whoever else is complaining, lost damage or abilities. Suck it up and move on. MANY more changes will come.

I was ANGRY when WoW changed how druids worked. What, the tree is no longer a form but just a 15 second ability? In the end the changes they made created an even more powerful healer than the Druid was before..but before that I whined and complained.

The reason most of you leave this game is you've got so much time invested in WoW. I challenge you to invest the same time in this game. Stop your whining, and play the dang game. I'm having a blast and with each big patch comes more cool things. WoW is on it's last days. They promised that Panda's would NOT be a playable race...yet, here comes a whole xpac based on "Kung Fu Panda". WoW is running out of ideas and gas. Climb on the new game and support it like you support WoW. Either do this or leave. I'll be the first to admit that I've made a post or two about things I don't like. But never once have I thought OR posted (that I can remember) about leaving and going back to another game.

Give them some time. Look at the link above and see how long it took Blizzard to develop their game. I can't wait to see what this game looks like in 4 years, heck even by the end of this year.

Edited by Frizbit

I'm tired of the constant whiners who come here and post about how all the other games out there never have any problems.

I'm tired of everyone comparing EVERY game to WoW (a polished 8 year game) as it exists now instead of how it existed at launch. In case you're interested, here's a link to ALL the changes that WoW has implemented over the years http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_1.1.0. Scroll to the bottom to see all of the patches (well over 50 of them). At launch it didn't have most of the "nice" features it has now. End game content? All it had was a 40 man raid of Molten Core. No Heroics, No lvl 60 dungeons, no PvP gear, NO dungeon finder (thats right, it didn't come out till a few patches later)m No PvP battlegrounds. What it had was a solid solo friendly game.

I'm tired of people saying "I've never seen downtime like this". Obviously you've never played: Everquest, World of Warcraft (LOTS of downtime in this game, in fact they've probably given several free days due to downtime), Dark Age of Camelot, Everquest II just to name a few. For those who remember, WoW had MAJOR downtime when it first came out. Almost every week it was down.

I'm tired of all the complaining about how "my class got nerfed" GET OVER IT. I play a bounty hunter and YES I feel the nerfs too. Lets use the ever popular World of Warcraft. HUGE nerfs and changes when V2, V3, V4 and V5 came out. V6 (the stupid panda one) they are doing away with skill trees. Games change and make changes as the community asks for it or for balancing issues. I'm sorry that you agents and BH's and whoever else is complaining, lost damage or abilities. Suck it up and move on. MANY more changes will come.

I was ANGRY when WoW changed how druids worked. What, the tree is no longer a form but just a 15 second ability? In the end the changes they made created an even more powerful healer than the Druid was before..but before that I whined and complained.

The reason most of you leave this game is you've got so much time invested in WoW. I challenge you to invest the same time in this game. Stop your whining, and play the dang game. I'm having a blast and with each big patch comes more cool things. WoW is on it's last days. They promised that Panda's would NOT be a playable race...yet, here comes a whole xpac based on "Kung Fu Panda". WoW is running out of ideas and gas. Climb on the new game and support it like you support WoW. Either do this or leave. I'll be the first to admit that I've made a post or two about things I don't like. But never once have I thought OR posted (that I can remember) about leaving and going back to another game.

Give them some time. Look at the link above and see how long it took Blizzard to develop their game. I can't wait to see what this game looks like in 4 years, heck even by the end of this year.

This post is so much like WoW its like WoW rolled up into a post that was posted by someone at WoW while he had WoW open on a laptop next to him.

I'm tired of everyone comparing EVERY game to WoW (a polished 8 year game) as it exists now instead of how it existed at launch.

I'll give you a hint: WoW as it existed in 2004 isn't around now. So games that come out now by definition MUST be compared to their competition in its current iteration. That means WoW as it is NOW, not THEN. Which is why all other MMO games die. Parent companies don't realize this. They're still stuck in old-timey ways because they are run by old-timey CEO's.

If the nascent MMO cannot compete with WoW as it is NOW (at the time the game is released), it dies an ignominous death. End of story. It has happened to ever "WoW killer" out there. Half of them have either shut down or are free to play, because they released as buggy and untested as WoW once was not polished as WoW is when the other game went live. When companies learn that it is smarter to release something when its ready, not "when it will sell," only then will WoW stop being virtually the only MMO on the market.

I'll give you a hint: WoW as it existed in 2004 isn't around now. So games that come out now by definition MUST be compared to their competition in its current iteration. That means WoW as it is NOW, not THEN. Which is why all other MMO games die. Parent companies don't realize this. They're still stuck in old-timey ways because they are run by old-timey CEO's.

If the nascent MMO cannot compete with WoW as it is NOW (at the time the game is released), it dies an ignominous death. End of story. It has happened to ever "WoW killer" out there. Half of them have either shut down or are free to play, because they released as buggy and untested as WoW once was not polished as WoW is when the other game went live. When companies learn that it is smarter to release something when its ready, not "when it will sell," only then will WoW stop being virtually the only MMO on the market.

Well said, I have always said that if new entries in the market want to compete, they need to understand that the bar has been raised. Polish and finish are a requirement based on the success of WoW. Research and Motion has learned the same hard lesson. Andriod and Apple have rendered them useless because they refuse to accept that they do not have the monopoly on where the bar resides.

SWTOR needed to anticipate this and make us wait another several months. Think about where we would be if we had to wait another 8-10 months for release but without the bugs and re-patches of a patch that patched the patch.

Well said, I have always said that if new entries in the market want to compete, they need to understand that the bar has been raised. Polish and finish are a requirement based on the success of WoW. Research and Motion has learned the same hard lesson. Andriod and Apple have rendered them useless because they refuse to accept that they do not have the monopoly on where the bar resides.

SWTOR needed to anticipate this and make us wait another several months. Think about where we would be if we had to wait another 8-10 months for release but without the bugs and re-patches of a patch that patched the patch.

In that case I hope that you're happy playing WoW for the rest of your MMO life - 'cos it ain't gonna happen. And, if you knew anything about massive IT projects, you'd understand why.

40% of your pillows weight after a year is dead dust mites....there, we covered it all.

and 80% of your *****' biomass is living bacteria.

edit: hahaha that the product of defecation is censored. Medical terms be danged!

Edited by mokkh

40% of your pillows weight after a year is dead dust mites....there, we covered it all.

Urban Legend

::

Why do you choose to let the whines on these forums get you down?

You can choose not to visit the forums,

or,

perhaps choose to ignore the whines.

A whine cannot bring you down,

You have to choose to read into the whine,

To react,

In a manner that brings you down.

There's always a choice,

Even when we forget we can choose.

Edited by Scudmungus

Wth is that ? i lolled so hard it still hurts :rolleyes:

That would mean 8-10 months less profit EA could collect off this game.

Actually I would love for this game to not be compared to WoW. WoW has been going down hill into stupidity for quite a few years now. And although you may think it's "polished" it is still a buggy game.

They never have figured out, or just too lazy to do it, fix the hills that have attackers buried inside that will dismount you.

Down time? I can't remember how many "free days" I had added to my account.

A major bug, a plagued monster roaming around spreading disease, and the "lock downs" of the cities as people huddled in fear, and the shear chaos it caused. Ah, the good old days. :)

But back on subject, if a game is to be compared against WoW it is already set to fail. It's hard to compete with that "first" so many people experience with WoW, but to reside in denial of the death throes, it's happening, changing the whole demographic as a survival technique in the process. Poke'mon and Kung Fu Panda, yes Pandaren are part of WarCraft lore "Bonus Areas", but the timing is what sets it off. Look who's (WoW) riding the bandwagon now, and who is that bandwagon catered to?

LOL You people don't get it obviously. Old time CEO's seriously??? Your going to blame it on the CEO's lol. What you fail to realize is companies just don't have the capital to throw in to a game all at once everytime and make it look at standard par of today's capabilities. Now take Battlefield 3 for example short maps, massive graphics & it cost a hell of a lot to make.

SWTOR is a huge game with so much involvement that it required years to work and build on. As a person who was in charge of finance at one time or another in a company I can see EA/Bioware designing and releasing a well thought out and planned game although not on par as say a polished wow so they can get some return on their investment and then go back see what was liked, disliked and do exactly what Blizzard did and grow it from there for years to come.

A well polished game means nothing all the time at the start AION & RIFT proved that with AION falling to the toilet. RIFT started extremely well then faltered for a bit but is now back on track and doing quite nicely again because Trion was able to gain insight and capital and grow it from there.

Another MMO Disaster that had/has superb graphics and is fun as hell but crashed hard was APB using the Unreal II Technology engine. The game is back as an FTP called APB Reloaded and trust me while it is still fun as hell and the graphics kick butt if your into cops & robbers. FTP is no fun.

But my original point was it takes investment and everyone answers to someone for it. You might like to think you can get a game as large as Swtor to be in a polished WoW condition before launch and say that is how it has to be but sadly it doesn't & it can't be. That is unless your willing to risk it & invest a billion dollars or close to it upfront, not knowing if the game will really take off or not.

You must realize that coming into a new mmo means your buying the base game. The base game for a new mmo is a pretty large download (if you dl your games). When you take into account that this is the first fully voiced mmo, and something that creates a lot of immersion, you realize that it is actually pretty groundbreaking. Yes, it does get repetitive, but it does make you want to hear it at least the first time you run through it. Then you must understand that to expect a game company to put out all of the features that an 8 year old game has taken all that time to accumulate is just simply not a reasonable request. If they had done that it would have taken them forever to release it and a lot more than the money they spent making it.

You also have to consider that part of how mmo's make money is to get the playerbase excited about all the new incoming content coming in when they start to develop expansions. If it all was here to begin with, there would be nothing to look forward to. Nothing to keep people hooked.

Currently no game can "be" as good as WoW at launch. If you think some of these new games out there are going to be all that great, then your buying into the same hype people bought into when they decided that this game was the "WoW" killer a couple months ago.

Urban Legend

::

Why do you choose to let the whines on these forums get you down?

You can choose not to visit the forums,

or,

perhaps choose to ignore the whines.

A whine cannot bring you down,

You have to choose to read into the whine,

To react,

In a manner that brings you down.

There's always a choice,

Even when we forget we can choose.

my percentage may be off, in fact I'm sure it is, however I did find this tidbit.

The average life cycle for a male house dust mite is 10 to 19 days. A mated female house dust mite can last up to 70 days, laying 60 to 100 eggs in the last 5 weeks of her life. In a 10-week life span, a house dust mite will produce approximately 2,000 fecal particles and an even larger number of partially digested enzyme-covered dust particles
So rest easy and my appologies. The percentage of dead mites has gone down drastically, though the poop factor has gone up....so essentially, if their living in your pillow, their really pooping you back on you...if thats any conselation. :) Edited by ianmoonex