Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Whne to use various gas chambers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Whne to use various gas chambers?

Chugster
11.24.2012 , 07:22 AM | #1
just wondering if there are appropriate times to use the various gas chambers, so far ive been using the combustion one for soloing and the combat one for FPs to healp with healing, not used the High Velocity one....are there situaitons that need it?
A forum post should be like a woman's skirt, long enough to cover the subject material but short enough to keep things interesting

Flintfire
11.24.2012 , 07:57 AM | #2
Yes, there are different situations. If you specialize in arsenal or are fighting other people on PvP, high velocity is good. We all put on our best armor for PvP, remember that, so any oppurtunity to ignore armor is great to jump at.

Unarmored foes, like animals on planets, or pyrotechs are good with combustible gas because there is no armor to ignore and you have a chance to do massive damage on the bigger beasties.

Lastly, combat support will let your rapid shots heal other players on youre team if you hit them with it. It generally turns you into a walking ambulance, but offers no benefits if it comes to fighting another player, so be ready to switch to another cylinder the instant you get targeted or else you are a sitting duck.
Infyrno Lvl 55 Infyrnus Lvl 55
Leiptr Lvl 55 Venaticus Lvl 55
Slaughtor Lvl 55 Evisceran Lvl 55
Sleipe Lvl 55 Desolus Lvl 55

Altheran
11.24.2012 , 08:05 AM | #3
I guess you meant "Gas cylinders"... because a "Gas chamber" is something completely different.

erichough
11.24.2012 , 01:05 PM | #4
Once you have advanced far enough down one of the 3 AC talent trees that should define which cylinder you use since the best talents all tend to depend on a particular cylinder. If you are running in bodyguard you should almost always be using your combat support cylinder, even when soloing - just make sure you run with a DPS companion and split your attention between healing and throwing out attacks - you will find its fairly effective, that's the way I solo on my one healer character (sorcerer, not merc - my merc is arsenal)

If you are NOT specced as bodyguard, you are wasting your time doing anything more than throwing the occasional off heal and should either be running with the high velocity cylinder if you are arsenal or the combustible cylinder if you are pyrotech. Not running in CGC when you are pyrotech means your PPA won't be procing, which is your primary damage multipler and you won't benefit from superheated rail, which gives you a great damage boost as well as much needed extra heat management.

Arsenal is a little more forgiving, there are a lot less talents that depend on the HVC but switching to CGC is not going to buy you much and switching to CCS is not suddenly going to make you a healer, so you are generally best of staying with the HVC.