Force bubble way OP

heechJunzi

I have yet to see anyone with a rebuttal about the bubble not affecting ranged enemies. All of the complaining seems to be coming from the melee folks. If the ability only affects melee, then it seems it is more about QQ then it is about the bubble being OP.

Actually I have in the past as a hybrid sage. Awesome sentinels with bubble stun will leap, click and debuff their bubble, stunning you for 3 secs, in which case if you are without a bubble stun yourself be prepared to be ravaged and smashed, or if you have a bubble stun they will dot, move out of range, blade storm you, back on range and smash you, while in the meantime you are probably looking for your own bubble icon to click.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is mainly melee QQ and that is ok and to be expected. The bubble could use maybe a minor tweak but nothing big. People lose WZ's, get mad, and vent on the forums. This post is a shining example of making mountains out of molehills, but of course that's my opinion.

Actually no. When I play my melee I hardly have issues popping the bubble from a safe distance on a 1v1 fight. The main problem has always been that it can be popped on click.

No way are sorcs unsolo-able with this bubble. They have to take a lot of points in the most useless tree just so they get a stun. A geared mara/ jugg will faceroll a sorc in no time at all.

HA funny. Dont be that guy. I am a geared mara (almost BIS) and I have a friend that plays some kind of heal/stunbubble hybrid that is pretty much un killable by a warrior. Some might be able to 1v1 him on their warrior but it would be rare, take forever and luck if it happened. Somnax=badmotherF'er.

Edited by Lafay

Fine, take away my bubble stun, but....

I want benevolence to be an instant cast spell.

I want deliverence to to have half the channel time.

I want to root on knockback low enough in the tele tree so all three specs can get it.

I want turbulence to either be an instant cast or do twice the damage.

I want an auto project proc added to sever force if target is affected by mind crush.

There ya go...sorcs/sages fixed and usefull in every tree.

In other words give us our flipping healing and dps back that the idiots from bioware took in 1.2 that was completely uneccesary. they neede to fix one bug and that was double dipping for the conveyance proc, that's all they needed to do.

I like this guy, sorc should do what sorc was designed to do, not this stun crap that everyone has to hybrid into to be a successful team player. :rak_03:

Edited by Lafay

This spec messes up only 1 class in this game. And since that class is op, fotm and out of control ... who cares. I want more stun-bubbles :D.

Warriors and Knights (largest population of players) are not the only ones, agents/smugglers (for those that dare not to heal). Indirectly it effects all classes as it is a buff you can put on melee and that in turn effects people that get lept to. If you think it only effects warriors, watch that video again.

Actually no. When I play my melee I hardly have issues popping the bubble from a safe distance on a 1v1 fight. The main problem has always been that it can be popped on click.

this.

I main a sage healer using the bubblepop spec. Competent melee can pop my bubble outside stun range. Morons think I am a free kill.

Only issue with the bubble is the on demand availability

make the stun happen only if it breaks on damage and its fixed.

Give the 31 point specs some love too and people have choices for coordinated pvp.

<< Warriors and Knights (largest population of players) are not the only ones... >>

I haven't been able to check since f2p but actually sage/sorc was the #1 played class on JM and POT5 until very recently (doing random /who sorc /who sage /who guardian /who sentinel etc. during the wee hours). Shadows/Sins were a bit more random - sometimes there were as many as the kinght/warrior classes, sometimes a little more, sometimes much less, but sages/sorcs were consistently a bit more numerous than anyone else which was where sentinels were before 1.4.

Anytime anyone other than a developer says "x class (most played class!)" is just full of sh.t and immediately devalues their statements on anything.

As for the rest of you claiming "omg my OP bubble stun is fine so long as some other class has an obviously OP ability!" well grow the frak up, that's not how balance works. Here's your idea... how about, you keep your bubble stun, lolsmash stays, and EVERY OTHER CLASS gets some stupid OP ability... that's fair, right? How fun will those wz's be when nobody can do anything for being stunned and then killed in one GCD. Doorknobs. Two badly tuned things do NOT make a right, they do NOT cancel each other out in some sort of pvp spreadsheet.

Broken ability is broken... not hard to grasp.

anytime anyone other than a developer says "x class (most played class!)" is just full of sh.t and immediately devalues their statements on anything.

As for the rest of you claiming "omg my op bubble stun is fine so long as some other class has an obviously op ability!" well grow the frak up, that's not how balance works. Here's your idea... How about, you keep your bubble stun, lolsmash stays, and every other class gets some stupid op ability... That's fair, right? How fun will those wz's be when nobody can do anything for being stunned and then killed in one gcd. Doorknobs. Two badly tuned things do not make a right, they do not cancel each other out in some sort of pvp spreadsheet.

Broken ability is broken... Not hard to grasp.

+ 1 :)

HA funny. Dont be that guy. I am a geared mara (almost BIS) and I have a friend that plays some kind of heal/stunbubble hybrid that is pretty much un killable by a warrior. Some might be able to 1v1 him on their warrior but it would be rare, take forever and luck if it happened. Somnax=badmotherF'er.
You are using the servers best PvP healer sorc and best assassin, who also happens to be on the team that steamrolls everyone els, as an example. The guy clearly knows how to play and is not a representation of the population. It's like saying that commandos and mercs are fine just because Zach and Skillex have figured it out.

Not denying that sorcs/sages with the hybrid build, even as dps and in a fair 1 vs 1, can take forever to kill though. I was chased by one for 2 minutes in a warzone the other day (still don't know why I was tagged) and it wasnt until one of his team mates stunned me that I died. That said, the sorc has to be focused on the other player, which I wasnt at the time since I was trying to play the objective, for him/her to go down and even when focused it's not like a sorc/sage is going to burn someone down in a matter of seconds. So again, the bubble is only a problem when placed on other classes, classes that are already out of control. Fix those classes so that sorcs/sages can go back to pure dps specs.

Sigh, came back to see if F2P would make the game worth while. Stun bubble says, "Hells no!", at least PvP wise. Resolve change is garbage too. Why are we removing decision making and conscious effort from the game again? At least before you had to time your stuns to keep a person locked down. Now it's just spam the stun buttons. Someone is bound to have one up at the right time and you aren't penalized for jumping the gun.

Thanks for posting your thoughts about the stun bubble and its Resolve value. We do plan on making some changes to the bubble in the future, but we're still looking at some different options for addressing concerns about it. We'll continue taking your feedback into account and will let you know more when we can.

The only thing you've affirmed is that the PvP community has no reason to have any faith in you or the other EABioware devs what-so-ever. The best you can give us is "we''re looking into other ways to continue to allow it to be OP" when the skill was fine to begin with. Now it's straight up broken. You guys must eat, sleep, and breath cluelessness. No MMO will ever get PvP right.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

If you do not find the bubble spec has become an exploit you don't PvP enough, Ranked Warzones on our server has ceased to be competitive when 8 people know how to use the bubble to there advantage.

If it was only a "defensive ability" for you, it wouldn't be a problem. But it gives your whole team a free, instant, on demand, 3 second AOE hard stun that doesn't respect the GCD, and doesn't add the correct amount of resolve. Oh, and has a 17 sec CD?

No one is saying that Sorcs/Sages don't need this as a defensive CD, or that the bubbles blind should be removed. It's the fact that it's now a hard stun and only adds the resolve of a Mez, and that it can be cast on your whole team and clicked off at will for the stun. Its the fact that it turns your whole team into a mass stun team.

BW know it isn't adding the correct amount of resolve. They know it's turning sub par teams all over the place into un-killable stun machines. And it's just a matter of time before the ability gets fixed.

When fiction becomes footage watch the link

END OPINION

Actually I have in the past as a hybrid sage. Awesome sentinels with bubble stun will leap, click and debuff their bubble, stunning you for 3 secs, in which case if you are without a bubble stun yourself be prepared to be ravaged and smashed, or if you have a bubble stun they will dot, move out of range, blade storm you, back on range and smash you, while in the meantime you are probably looking for your own bubble icon to click.

Meh. That's more of an isolated incident and doesn't the force leap stun you anyway?

The only thing you've affirmed is that the PvP community has no reason to have any faith in you or the other EABioware devs what-so-ever. The best you can give us is "we''re looking into other ways to continue to allow it to be OP" when the skill was fine to begin with. Now it's straight up broken. You guys must eat, sleep, and breath cluelessness. No MMO will ever get PvP right.

This- everyone (except marauders) have been saying that mara is grossly OP since 1.2, yet BW hasn't done anything to deal with that in the slightest. The pvp community lost faith with them a very long time ago because BW not only did nothing, they buffed up the mara until they had 3 viable specs- while ignore classes that didn't have one. Why expect them to know what they're doing suddenly?

Sorcs have been posting essay length descriptions on everything wrong with the class since the 1.2 nerf that completely annihilated their damage, mobility and survivability- and of all the things that were asked for- from mobile casting to harder hitting 31 point skills to dot protection to a faster heal to a consumption system that is good enough for players to go full healing rather than having to go lightning effusion. Or scaling on par with the rate that melee dps scales with gear.

Nobody was asking for more CC. Of course, with how awful BW's thought process has been with the sorc- I'd like to not see another nerf because they aren't going to balance- they'll just nerf hammer them into the ground again and kill off the already pitiful number of them left.

This game's CC is off the charts for all classes though- resolve needs to simply effect all CC- snares, roots, stuns, mezzes, interrupts. Stop making it so that someone can be chain shut down- nobody likes staring at the screen useless as endless CC is applied to them.

This- everyone (except marauders) have been saying that mara is grossly OP since 1.2, yet BW hasn't done anything to deal with that in the slightest. The pvp community lost faith with them a very long time ago because BW not only did nothing, they buffed up the mara until they had 3 viable specs- while ignore classes that didn't have one. Why expect them to know what they're doing suddenly?

Sorcs have been posting essay length descriptions on everything wrong with the class since the 1.2 nerf that completely annihilated their damage, mobility and survivability- and of all the things that were asked for- from mobile casting to harder hitting 31 point skills to dot protection to a faster heal to a consumption system that is good enough for players to go full healing rather than having to go lightning effusion. Or scaling on par with the rate that melee dps scales with gear.

Nobody was asking for more CC. Of course, with how awful BW's thought process has been with the sorc- I'd like to not see another nerf because they aren't going to balance- they'll just nerf hammer them into the ground again and kill off the already pitiful number of them left.

This game's CC is off the charts for all classes though- resolve needs to simply effect all CC- snares, roots, stuns, mezzes, interrupts. Stop making it so that someone can be chain shut down- nobody likes staring at the screen useless as endless CC is applied to them.

I agree that sorcs needed help, but this change is just stupid. Why, oh why, can you I be stunned nearly 5 times in succession before my resolve gets close to filling? Never mind that it continues to deplete while I am stunned and in between stuns, which only makes it take longer. Add roots on top of that and I'm essentially a saber wielding totem pole. Stack the RETARDED resolve change on top of that and a WZ vs. lightning sorcs may as well be slitting my wrists.

If it weren't for the way force bubbles CAN work now, there'd be no point to the spec at all. None. I'd just switch back to corruption/madness hybrid. That way I could do 2-3 times the damage and still keep 90% of my healing numbers.

The only 'nerf' that should happen to the backlash on bubble break is IF it's not properly filling resolve on each stun. I'm not sure if it is or not, I really don't get hit by opponent's bubble break (you know, being ranged and all)Then again, that's not a nerf, that's a bug fix.

Finally, any melee QQing about being stunned often is just used to being OP and treating heal spec sorcerers as pinatas with their uncoordinated button mashing. Even today, I'm seriously stunned 7-8 seconds out of every 20 I'm alive by a good pre-made opponent in a normal warzone. The difference now? I survive a lot longer then I used to.

Let's not forget sorcs are the only class with garbage armor AND forced to turret heal others.

I feel like I'm in a pretty good place now. It's not like I retired my sorc before this. I have been PvPing with him since the second month of the game. Through the good times and the bad.

Edited by islander

The bubble stun is a joke in WZs now. Increase the amount of resolve it fills and disable the option to click it off.

This is all that is required, as these are the broken, unintended elements anyway.

Like other posters, I'm open to some buffs as compensation.

Meh - I think SORC/SAGE class has been nerfed enough in this game. Playing a SORC in PVP is almost useless now and people want to nerf what's left? I play my SORC in PVP and spend a portion of my time throwing bubbles and ranged damage. Yeah, really fun to spend time being stunned with two MDPS in your face constantly. But it's my favorite class and I'll keep playing. I still manage to rake in the Medals and Comm's. Hopefully BW will get things a tad more even someday. (Until then less and less of this class will be doing PVP for lack of fun factor)

NERF the MELEE if you want to QQ about unfair advantage. If I want to be lazy I just hop on my under geared MARA and wipe out the bubble casting SORC/SAGE's with a face roll on my keyboard. Lets be real here - BW isn't going to nerf that class for obvious "catering to the lazy" FOTM.

IDEA: Balance out PVP matches by Expertise level. (IE: 0-900, 901-1100 and 1101+)

Meh - I think SORC/SAGE class has been nerfed enough in this game. Playing a SORC in PVP is almost useless now and people want to nerf what's left? I play my SORC in PVP and spend a portion of my time throwing bubbles and ranged damage. Yeah, really fun to spend time being stunned with two MDPS in your face constantly. But it's my favorite class and I'll keep playing. I still manage to rake in the Medals and Comm's. Hopefully BW will get things a tad more even someday. (Until then less and less of this class will be doing PVP for lack of fun factor)

NERF the MELEE if you want to QQ about unfair advantage. If I want to be lazy I just hop on my under geared MARA and wipe out the bubble casting SORC/SAGE's with a face roll on my keyboard. Lets be real here - BW isn't going to nerf that class for obvious "catering to the lazy" FOTM.

IDEA: Balance out PVP matches by Expertise level. (IE: 0-900, 901-1100 and 1101+)

Everybody complains so much about mercs and commandos being underpowered but the elephant in the room is never addressed: the dps sage/sorc. Lightning sorc is pretty much unplayable. Was messing around with respeccing last night, as it's now free for subbers. I tried a full lightning and it was horrible, could only do it for one match. Then I specced the fad that's in these days, the hybrid healer, for a few warzones and it was pretty much just an invitation to get focused and killed every time I spawned. Nothing gets you noticed more than electric bindings and a bubble that explodes in a blinding flash. I found I had more survivablitiy without those things as I wouldn't get noticed as much and therefore wouldn't be targeted by 3 or 4 enemies every time I came out of the spawn zone. Respecced back to full heals asap.