How can i make the Consular Story Fun?

Shioji

I played through a Sage recently. I was hesitant about playing a Jedi character because I've done that in so many other Star Wars games that I felt like it was time to do a non-Force sensitive class for my Pub character as well. Still, I love the whole Jedi diplomacy concept and the at least minimal politics involved. Though sometimes the Consular seems wise, at other times he is naïve/arrogant.

Aside from a couple of dialogue options in which I could tell off the Chancellor, though, I felt like I was forced to willingly be someone's lackey the whole time. Following the Jedi Code is one thing, but acting on the whim of some wannabe Governor of Balmorra is another thing. If I had my way I'd have tossed him out the airlock and let Balmorrans pick their own new leader. The dark side options were also lax, as others have already said.

I did kind of like the whole dark side plague idea. Someone said it was like a nod to the KOTOR 2 story of searching for Jedi Masters and either saving or destroying them. I'd really have liked to see the "Rift Alliance" played up a bit more, though.

What I did like about the Sage in terms of combat was probably mostly due to him being my only Force-sensitive character so far. Aside from that, meh, you get what you should expect when playing as a healer, I suppose.

Edited by BradTheImpaler

Join an RP server. Make your own char ideas. rP how you'd like your char to be, and view the actual storyline as a side quest.

No. PvE > rP. rP is just awkward.

If I wanted to RP there are plenty of forums and stuff out there on the internet. I play TOR because I want to play TOR, as in a TOR storyline.

Point is, rP is one suggestion, but it's not the solution for everyone.

Edited by BradTheImpaler

No. PvE > rP. rP is just awkward.

If I wanted to RP there are plenty of forums and stuff out there on the internet. I play TOR because I want to play TOR, as in a TOR storyline.

Point is, rP is one suggestion, but it's not the solution for everyone.

If you can't come up with your own head canon for your Jedi Consular, then no, there's really no way to make it fun for you, if you don't like the options given to you for the JC.

Consular starts slow. VERY slow. So feel free to get sidetracked, explore, tinker with your companions (I've got a "care and feeding of companions" thread in the Consular section)

Your expy? Leia. You're a diplomat with a lightsaber. Your first task is going to be hunting down four masters who have gone rogue and are using local conflicts in key locations to make things literally or figuratively go nuclear. (Alderaan is the biggest mess of them all)

The second act is that, by handling these delicate matters, you are being sent to convince a group of powerful, but unaligned, worlds to ally themselves with the Republic. It's during this time that you start seeing the seeds planted for Act 3...

Shutting down the Emperor's private spy network.

Consular is not Big Damn Hero. S/He is Big Damn Backup, the guy working in the background gathering all those allies, resources, supplies, contacts, and friendships that a Republic is going to need if they're going to tell the Sith to go sit on their sabers.

As for how to play it? Well, your companions can shape your direction. If you want to play a darker-inclined "Good isn't nice" type that doesn't do second chances, then you might do well as a DPS or Balance Sage with Qyzen (who is honorable, but prefers to kill strong enemies as opposed to arrest) or Zenith (who is, let's be honest, a terrorist with a nice title shoved on your ship to keep him out of planetary politics).

Playing more of a bookworm or a scholar seeking knowledge at any cost? Play as a Shadow so you can have Tharan as your right hand.

Want to be a Republic loyalist or a bright light Jedi? Take Sage, spec towards healing and be patient because Felix and Nadia eat that up like starved Mandos with a plate of uj cake.

Edited by Allronix