OP-owertechs

HexDecimalUK

3 months i gave this game to patch itself and fix the balance, I,m not even going to get started on operatives and their touch of death since i don't have one of them, what i do have is a powertech, and a merc (merc being my main so guess where this is going). The powertech i refuse to play for the same reason i don't hack in FPS games. Vs my merc they have 3 times the DPS , 3 times the armor, a protection bonus and a bunch of extra fun ability's. Why? what is the trade off? and what am i supposed to do go healer? that's rich "Hey, check out my bright green blaster shots" that doesn't scream kill this healer to every player in the area. Aside from the 2 or 3 percent difference here and there i might as well just spam rapid scan which crits the same as emergency scan. And please, don't try pitching me spec builds or saying its me because i have a seen one merc beat my average 350K DPS score in a WZ, i needn't even inspect the bounty hunter that goes 600K plus i just see his protection score which mercs can not obtain. wanna flame me like you do everyone else who calls out the appalling balance in this game? prove it, show me a merc do 600K DPS in any WZ after the last patch i will name you my god for proving i haven,t wasted every day i've put into my merc please go right ahead someone! Mercs are offense vs defense? lolololol, try offense vs god mode.:mad: Edited by HexDecimalUK
some punctuation

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was unaware that SWtOR was self-aware

:cool:

oh, and ps: http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f84/redsoxfanatic08/swtor2012-12-3101-06-45-63_zps77bbd3bf.png

that was from about a week ago

TY can't see if that's 500 or 600 because its low res looks like 5. i have 1 or 2 500K scores in a week myself and funnily enough its always voidstar, now show me a clear 600K on timegate plus a braggable objective and healing score just like the massive objective/protection score that finally inspired me to come in here and make this rant. im not trying to burst you're bubble there my friend i know it takes allot to hit that DPS with mercs but that kind of proves my point that you wanted to remember that sweet DPS score.

TY can't see if that's 500 or 600 because its low res looks like 5. i have 1 or 2 500K scores in a week myself and funnily enough its always voidstar, now show me a clear 600K on timegate plus a braggable objective and healing score just like the massive objective/protection score that finally inspired me to come in here and make this rant. im not trying to burst you're bubble there my friend i know it takes allot to hit that DPS with mercs but that kind of proves my point that you wanted to remember that sweet DPS score.

its a 6, photobucket doesnt like my 1080p screenshots i guess.

and what are you raging about? you want stupid high DPS, really high objective scores and really high healing scores?

pick 2/3 of those

and it doesnt take a lot of effort to get damage that high. just need a lot of healers on the other team

wait what are we complaining about?

my gripe with pt's is the ease of rotation, and the fact all their hard hitting abilities are instant and therefor un-counterable

their general rotation of dart->td->flame burst-> rail shot generally takes me to about 30% hp

generally i try to hide at that point (best case scenerio)

or they uppcut/flameburst and refresh another railshot to hit me for another 4.5k

with their shield and heal up theres no way as a sorc i could dps thru this while trying to get away/create distance

in my eyes pt's are just 1 of the big trio of faceroll that bads all started rolling months ago cause they couldnt hang

That's like entering the Indy 500 with a Ford Focus then calling shenanigans and whining when you're lapped 56 times.

I've actually gotten fairly good at PvP on my main. Now that I'm geared and have a bit of experience, I tend to do pretty well as long as I've got a decently-coordinated team. Sure, the Gunnery Commando sucks in 1v1s, but when the team is working in sync well enough to keep melee off my butt, I turn into a death-dealing AoE-capable turret.

PT's / VG's have high burst sure but with out a pocket healer they are really squishy. they really dont need a nerf, i have one of each class on both sides and they all have their ups and downs skill levels and andvantages / disabilities. find a class you like to play and enjoy it.

PT is probably the easiest class to play with one of the highest damage potentials. IMO it does need to be toned down a tad when rail-shots do up to 5k damage.

I have gotten a 5K HiB on my gunnery commando as well.

I have both a gunny commando and an assault VG and I can put up comparative numbers between the two. With the nerfs that VGs received a few months ago to a few of their attacks, it has brought them down into a decent place PvP wise.

Also, I'm not really sure where the OP got the idea that VGs do 3x the DPS with 3x the armor.

PT is probably the easiest class to play with one of the highest damage potentials. IMO it does need to be toned down a tad when rail-shots do up to 5k damage.

Because for aoe 6k hits u need uber skill herp derp btw u realize bountyhunters/troopers are the last class in when it comes to an escape mechanic

Edited by iDraxter

No one believes you when you say "I have a Powertech but chose not to play it because it is too easy. My Merc is my main".

You don't play the powertech because you can't. You like the range and healing option of the Merc.

You are as bad all all the bads that have Juggernauts, but fail at playing Smash. They play tank instead, enjoying the safety of all that defense, and ease of the spec, all while making 'QQ Smash' threads on the forums.

They are unable to pilot Smash spec - you are unable to pilot the Powertech - sit back and enjoy the safety of your range and running around corner self healing - stop making QQ theads.

No one believes you when you say "I have a Powertech but chose not to play it because it is too easy. My Merc is my main".

You don't play the powertech because you can't. You like the range and healing option of the Merc.

You are as bad all all the bads that have Juggernauts, but fail at playing Smash. They play tank instead, enjoying the safety of all that defense, and ease of the spec, all while making 'QQ Smash' threads on the forums.

They are unable to pilot Smash spec - you are unable to pilot the Powertech - sit back and enjoy the safety of your range and running around corner self healing - stop making QQ theads.

Let's pretend what you say is true, that the OP in this thread doesn't own/play a pyro PT. It still doesn't dismiss his/her actual points. I do play a PT, but refuse to play pyro, and really enjoy AP and the challenge it brings. Also, don't be those people that comes here and tries summing up what one says with rude, presumptuous and surely, generic insults.

PT/VG is not OP by any means. For one they've been nerfed 3 times now. For two they have 1 piss poor DCD. For three they do not have an effective gap closer(stopped by resolve). 4 they have no escape as someone else pointed out. 5 all there damage is single target(unlike mr smash who can crit 5-6k on what 5 targets?). 6 I'd say probably 80%(probably even more) of the FOTM rerollers suck at it anyways(they get overheated and cant recover). 7 There only utility is dmg they bring nothing else to the table.

There's 7 reason.. now for the people that say PT has a simple rotation sure it does. But look at the rest of the classes Sin tank 4 button rotation.... healers no matter what class 4-6 buttons... smash 4-5... my point is none of the rotations are complicated stop making it out like PT is 100 times easier than other classes juggy tank prob has the most going on and they only press maybe 6,7 different buttons

Edited by wetslampigduex

3 months i gave this game to patch itself and fix the balance, I,m not even going to get started on operatives and their touch of death since i don't have one of them, what i do have is a powertech, and a merc (merc being my main so guess where this is going). The powertech i refuse to play for the same reason i don't hack in FPS games. Vs my merc they have 3 times the DPS , 3 times the armor, a protection bonus and a bunch of extra fun ability's. Why? what is the trade off? and what am i supposed to do go healer? that's rich "Hey, check out my bright green blaster shots" that doesn't scream kill this healer to every player in the area. Aside from the 2 or 3 percent difference here and there i might as well just spam rapid scan which crits the same as emergency scan. And please, don't try pitching me spec builds or saying its me because i have a seen one merc beat my average 350K DPS score in a WZ, i needn't even inspect the bounty hunter that goes 600K plus i just see his protection score which mercs can not obtain. wanna flame me like you do everyone else who calls out the appalling balance in this game? prove it, show me a merc do 600K DPS in any WZ after the last patch i will name you my god for proving i haven,t wasted every day i've put into my merc please go right ahead someone! Mercs are offense vs defense? lolololol, try offense vs god mode.:mad:

Ahhhh yah, the lovely 31/31/31 spec powertech. They are very hard to take down, if you see one of these, you should quit or go the other direction.

PT/VG is not OP by any means. For one they've been nerfed 3 times now. For two they have 1 piss poor DCD. For three they do not have an effective gap closer(stopped by resolve). 4 they have no escape as someone else pointed out. 5 all there damage is single target(unlike mr smash who can crit 5-6k on what 5 targets?). 6 I'd say probably 80%(probably even more) of the FOTM rerollers suck at it anyways(they get overheated and cant recover). 7 There only utility is dmg they bring nothing else to the table.

There's 7 reason.. now for the people that say PT has a simple rotation sure it does. But look at the rest of the classes Sin tank 4 button rotation.... healers no matter what class 4-6 buttons... smash 4-5... my point is none of the rotations are complicated stop making it out like PT is 100 times easier than other classes juggy tank prob has the most going on and they only pree maybe 6,7 different buttons most are

30m taunt, pull, and an aoe two second non-mez stun. Those are the usefulness in warzones.

I agree with you, it is a L2P T-issue.

HEY! I like to play my defense guardian. I get way more hate tells when I slow a group down than when I smash. I also like switching guard and improving my healers more than a simple smash monkey.

But I love VG/PT as well. I do believe it is a little harder to play the prior, but if you don't have a healer to guard and to heal you, your usefulness severely decreases.

They're very strong and they're easy to play effectively. Yes, they're not hilariously game-breaking like other issues (smash/bubble stun), but pts shouldn't come in here and act like you're not doing well or don't bring anything to a team outside of damage. Pretty much every dps class other than marauders would love to be in your position. Edited by durvas

They're very strong and they're easy to play effectively. Yes, they're not hilariously game-breaking like other issues (smash/bubble stun), but pts shouldn't come in here and act like you're not doing well or don't bring anything to a team outside of damage. Pretty much every dps class outside of marauders would love to be in your position.

Nobody here said we do bad we only pointed out our weak spots to support why we shouldn't get a nerf

No one believes you when you say "I have

You are as bad all all the bads that have Juggernauts, but fail at playing Smash. They play tank instead, enjoying the safety of ...

Is this the same brave & skilled juggs who come on the forums QQing about the sage bubble. You guy are amazing with all the abilities you have, you still cant avoid a hugely obvious bubble.

Well done obviously smash juggs are the most talented pvpers.