Is it possible to get both Darth Hexid and Master Ranos?

Sukhrajsgh

As the title states, is it possible for players to get both Darth Hexid and Master Ranos as companion from trhe Dark vs Light event?

Maybe not both companions for each character either Darth Hexid and Master Ranos for each character depending on their choices.

Or are we stuck getting only one of them depending overall alignment of Dark Side or Lightside at the end of the event?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not 100% certain, but it sounds like you can only choose one? The "Eternal" requirements are...

• Reach Level 65 with a Republic Character
  • Reach Level 65 with an Imperial Character
  • Complete Round 5 of the Eternal Championship

As per: http://dulfy.net/2016/06/23/swtor-light-vs-dark-event-info-guide/

So it seems like we may only get one? Getting both (if you leveled say a Light sider and a Dark sider though) would be awesome.

I'm not 100% certain, but it sounds like you can only choose one?

No, you don't get to choose. Which companion will be mailed out will depend on the overall tally of DS vs. LS points. At the end of the event, everyone will get the same companion based on the results.

Edited by KyaniteD

Well, "choose" in the sense of you get to choose if you're mostly LS or DS is what I meant. I understand, you get the companion from whichever side you tally the most points on.

No, you get the companion from whatever side got the most points from all players over the duration of the event.

You can do your part, but ultimately, it's not your decision but that of all players together.

Edited by KyaniteD

No, you get the companion from whatever side got the most points from all players over the duration of the event.

You can do your part, but ultimately, it's not your decision but that of all players together.

this...

It this going to be server by server or the same companion for the entire game?

The phrasing suggests that it's globally decided for all players, regardless of server and region. The rewards at the end of the event are unlocked/handed out per account, not per legacy (= server based).

Edited by KyaniteD

It this going to be server by server or the same companion for the entire game?

Well, it is account wide when they grant the gift companion. So I azzume, the vote is game wide and the choice is therefore limited to the DS, oops... whatever the vote game wide rules.

So we're stuck with only one companion is my azzumption.

But who the heII knows.

It may be possible. All the achievements they are talking about are Legacy based and not Account based. It is important to remember that Legacy is only Server based and not Account based.

The trick would be you would need to do it over 2 servers.

So lets say on server (A):

Create 1 Republic and 1 Imperial characters. Complete all the necessary achievements of getting 1 Republic and 1 Imperial characters to level 65 and then complete at least the first 5 rounds of the Eternal Championship.

Then repeat the same process on server (B).

So if you do all this on both servers you should receive both companions. As after all the rewards do state that the companions will be sent to all your characters on your account, not just that character or legacy.

One issue that could use some clarification is:

Do we need to complete the Eternal championship on both the Republic and the Imperial characters on just one of them.

Edited by Stariessaber

• 3 months later...
Well, "choose" in the sense of you get to choose if you're mostly LS or DS is what I meant. I understand, you get the companion from whichever side you tally the most points on.

You don't get to choose, what companion you get is decided by the deeds of all players during this period.

As it currently stands, it's leaning towards Master Ranos as seen here.

52 % Light.

http://www.swtor.com/dark-vs-light

It may be possible. All the achievements they are talking about are Legacy based and not Account based. It is important to remember that Legacy is only Server based and not Account based.

The trick would be you would need to do it over 2 servers.

So lets say on server (A):

Create 1 Republic and 1 Imperial characters. Complete all the necessary achievements of getting 1 Republic and 1 Imperial characters to level 65 and then complete at least the first 5 rounds of the Eternal Championship.

Then repeat the same process on server (B).

So if you do all this on both servers you should receive both companions. As after all the rewards do state that the companions will be sent to all your characters on your account, not just that character or legacy.

One issue that could use some clarification is:

Do we need to complete the Eternal championship on both the Republic and the Imperial characters on just one of them.

so wrong

I'm sure the other will be available from the cartel store after a certain amount of time has passed- otherwise it's time and money wasted.

I am curious about what would happen if the Dark-Light percentages were tied at the end. Would both be given, or neither?

Edited by CorellianWannabe

I'm sure the other will be available from the cartel store after a certain amount of time has passed.

I would be curious what would happen if the Dark-Light percentages were tied at the end. Would both be given, or neither?

And I'd be OK with that