PVP Hacks

Hexhno

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, you haven't been around very long. More than likely, what you think are hacks are simply abilities that you do not know of or do not understand. Don't feel bad about your ignorance, but do something about it. Learn what other classes can do. Not only will it help you understand what you are seeing, it will also help you counter those abilities.

Dude, you haven't been around very long. More than likely, what you think are hacks are simply abilities that you do not know of or do not understand. Don't feel bad about your ignorance, but do something about it. Learn what other classes can do. Not only will it help you understand what you are seeing, it will also help you counter those abilities.

Your comments are laughable...I bet you are one of the people running these hacks then. I do by the way understand my class and other classes. But when I firing on a lower level person and they absorb all my attacks and then turn around and hit me for 7K twice and I am dead...then something is going on. So trust me when I say, this has nothing to do with intelligence.

Edited by Hexhno

Your comments are laughable...I bet you are one of the people running these hacks then. I do by the way understand my class and other classes. But when I firing on a level person and they absorb, all my attacks and then turn around and hit me for 7K twice and I am dead...then something is going on. So trust me when I say, this has nothing to do with intelligence.

I can hit you for 14k mauls 10k discharges and 10 shock all in a a mater of sec and your dead. This is called optimization of your stats that gear you get is optimized like crap. How did the person absorb your damage it called using the tank relics as a dps. if i optimize my stats even in lowbie pvp i can hit you for 10k hits every time. So like the person told you it is not hacks it how pvp works hear. Those with knowledge beat those with out seek out that knowledge and you wont get hit so hard.

Edited by Neoforcer

A simple google search for SWTOR hacks confirms that it's not just in the realm of fantasy.

In terms of proving it, you should familiarize yourself with their methods. That means reading up on their hacks so you know what limitations they have so you will be able to identify them when you see them.

In terms of proving it to Customer Support, you will want to have FRAPS or another recording of it as it happens, ideally.

It's funny how when someone comes to forum in earnest with a question like this they get immediately slapped with L2P replies. So many trolls here more interested in seeming correct than in being correct.

I can hit you for 14k mauls 10k discharges and 10 shock all in a a mater of sec and your dead. This is called optimization of your stats that gear you get is optimized like crap. How did the person absorb your damage it called using the tank relics as a dps. if i optimize my stats even in lowbie pvp i can hit you for 10k hits every time. So like the person told you it is not hacks it how pvp works hear. Those with knowledge beat those with out seek out that knowledge and you wont get hit so hard.

I am level 46 with all level 45 gear slotted appropriately for my class, so in my eyes I am optimized accordingly. I will admit that I am a new player to this game and have much to learn. So since it seems you have much knowledge relative to this game, please share. I guess what I would like to know is what armor plates, mobs, and enhancements I I should be running in order to do this 10K damage as a powertech. I have a few other chars in my account but a powertech is the char I play most often. I would even be willing to meet in game so you can show me your skills on how a level 30 can hit a level 46 so hard in PVP. I mean I would love to hit for 10K every swing of a saber or blast of a pistol. Please share!

PS. Does anyone know how I can see the amount of damage being done in the chat window?

Edited by Hexhno

I don't know about combat hacks, but speed hacks do certainly exist.

Just the other day there was a player on Korriban demonstrating the speed hack for people to see. He was a level 2 character that was moving faster than my 55 Sin with Force Speed on. No rocket boost or anything like that, just instant movement as if he was using Covered Escape (which, as a level 2 inquisitor, was most certainly not the case).

Yes there are speed hacks, yes people use them and if you see someone moving that quickly they are almost certainly hacking.

So since it seems you have much knowledge relative to this game, please share. I guess what I would like to know is what armor plates, mobs, and enhancements I I should be running in order to do this 10K damage as a powertech.

Why do you assume that a PT is meant to do 10k a hit? A shadow / sin, sure, some mara combos and a couple of big cooldowns / finishing moves can do that, but not everyone and not reliably.

I am level 46 with all level 45 gear slotted appropriately for my class, so in my eyes I am optimized accordingly. I will admit that I am a new player to this game and have much to learn. So since it seems you have much knowledge relative to this game, please share. I guess what I would like to know is what armor plates, mobs, and enhancements I I should be running in order to do this 10K damage as a powertech. I have a few other chars in my account but a powertech is the char I play most often. I would even be willing to meet in game so you can show me your skills on how a level 30 can hit a level 46 so hard in PVP. I mean I would love to hit for 10K every swing of a saber or blast of a pistol. Please share!

PS. Does anyone know how I can see the amount of damage being done in the chat window?

Only a few specs/classes can really break the 10k mark against geared players. PT's are not one of them(I mean they can, but its really rare). I've gotten 10-13k rail shots before, but its always against an undergeared player...usually a sorc.

I don't know about combat hacks, but speed hacks do certainly exist.

Just the other day there was a player on Korriban demonstrating the speed hack for people to see. He was a level 2 character that was moving faster than my 55 Sin with Force Speed on. No rocket boost or anything like that, just instant movement as if he was using Covered Escape (which, as a level 2 inquisitor, was most certainly not the case).

Yes there are speed hacks, yes people use them and if you see someone moving that quickly they are almost certainly hacking.

All this morn on harbinger regs..I'm moving as if in slow-mo until Im placed in group with the pvp'ers I was against..does that make sense?... if sages are moving faster than I can track with my camera moved all the way out..then something is wrong...very wrong..and it had nothing to do with my connection..was working fine.

Your comments are laughable...I bet you are one of the people running these hacks then. I do by the way understand my class and other classes. But when I firing on a level person and they absorb, all my attacks and then turn around and hit me for 7K twice and I am dead...then something is going on. So trust me when I say, this has nothing to do with intelligence.

Getting hit for 7K isn't out of the ordinary, even in lowbie. My Sniper hits 7.5K Ambushes on the regular. All classes aren't created equal. Likely it wasn't hacks.

In the future, post a pic or video before you accuse.. Most of the time, its a computer issue, BW design issue, or lack of understanding of mechanics/ classes. Since launch I have only seen one haxor. And there was plenty of proof besides my confirmation.

I am level 46 with all level 45 gear slotted appropriately for my class, so in my eyes I am optimized accordingly. I will admit that I am a new player to this game and have much to learn. So since it seems you have much knowledge relative to this game, please share.

It's good you realise there's more to learn. Lots of people get defensive and insist their initial assumptions are correct, even when it's only down to understandable ignorance because they're new to a game.

I guess what I would like to know is what armor plates, mobs, and enhancements I I should be running in order to do this 10K damage as a powertech. I have a few other chars in my account but a powertech is the char I play most often. I would even be willing to meet in game so you can show me your skills on how a level 30 can hit a level 46 so hard in PVP. I mean I would love to hit for 10K every swing of a saber or blast of a pistol. Please share!

The Bolster mechanic levels up everyone's stats in PvP warzones, so the level 30 is on pretty much equal footing as your level 46 so far as stats go. He will still be missing any abilties he doesn't have yet. Some classes (e.g. Sniper/Ginslinger) get hard-hitting abilities early, and the Bolster means these can really hurt even on lowbie characters.

Shadows / Sins get Force Breach / Recklessness, which near-guarantees crits on two hits, which helps burst on their big-ticket abilities. They also have Resilience / Force Shroud which makes them immune to Force or Tech attacks for a few seconds. Both these do yellow damage (i.e. yellow numbers when you hit people), so if a shadow starts glowing (Resilience indicator), all your flamy Tech attacks won't even scratch him. Time for Rail Shot or other white damage. It sounds like you faced a Shadow who popped resilience for immunity to your yellow damage attacks, then Force Breach to do two quick big crits to you. That's Shadows for you, they burst hard and have a great defensive cd (stealth too).

What you can do is enable combat logging in Preferences. This records everything you do / is done to you in combat to a text file in Star Wars / Combat Logs folder.

There have been a couple of hacks in the game, but these are chiefly down to speed hacks, and Bioware now seem to stomp them quick. Report them if you see them.

Lastly, try not to worry too much if people give you L2P response. There's a history on these forums of inexperienced players who don't understand how they got beat posting "HAXXXX!" threads and then refusing to accept that maybe they weren't cheated. It's pretty tiresome, repetitive, and people are reacting to that more than your post. Real hacks are vanishingly rare. Have fun and good luck.

Edited by Wainamoinen

It's good you realise there's more to learn. Lots of people get defensive and insist their initial assumptions are correct, even when it's only down to understandable ignorance because they're new to a game.

The Bolster mechanic levels up everyone's stats in PvP warzones, so the level 30 is on pretty much equal footing as your level 46 so far as stats go. He will still be missing any abilties he doesn't have yet. Some classes (e.g. Sniper/Ginslinger) get hard-hitting abilities early, and the Bolster means these can really hurt even on lowbie characters.

Shadows / Sins get Force Breach / Recklessness, which near-guarantees crits on two hits, which helps burst on their big-ticket abilities. They also have Resilience / Force Shroud which makes them immune to Force or Tech attacks for a few seconds. Both these do yellow damage (i.e. yellow numbers when you hit people), so if a shadow starts glowing (Resilience indicator), all your flamy Tech attacks won't even scratch him. Time for Rail Shot or other white damage. It sounds like you faced a Shadow who popped resilience for immunity to your yellow damage attacks, then Force Breach to do two quick big crits to you. That's Shadows for you, they burst hard and have a great defensive cd (stealth too).

What you can do is enable combat logging in Preferences. This records everything you do / is done to you in combat to a text file in Star Wars / Combat Logs folder.

There have been a couple of hacks in the game, but these are chiefly down to speed hacks, and Bioware now seem to stomp them quick. Report them if you see them.

Lastly, try not to worry too much if people give you L2P response. There's a history on these forums of inexperienced players who don't understand how they got beat posting "HAXXXX!" threads and then refusing to accept that maybe they weren't cheated. It's pretty tiresome, repetitive, and people are reacting to that more than your post. Real hacks are vanishingly rare. Have fun and good luck.

^ An excellent response. Couldn't have said it better myself. :)

Edited by Y-Yorle

If you have noticed that I never stated a char's name, but I will ensure that I post a pic next time since it seems to occur daily.

I am also not sure what is meant by a computer issue, so please share.

I understand that different classes do different levels of damage, however, I am a class that can take damage as well since I am considered an off-tank, so I don't think I should be taking as much damage as a light armor person as a heavy armor wearer.

If you have an idea you would like to add, please do so, if you have a build you would like to post for a powertech that you think will assist, please do.

Why do you assume that a PT is meant to do 10k a hit? A shadow / sin, sure, some mara combos and a couple of big cooldowns / finishing moves can do that, but not everyone and not reliably.

A couple of big cd? Maul is instant, no cool down, How about smash monkeys. so heres a list of 10k hitters in my book.

Assassin-Smashers-Merc/commando-MM Sniper- blah blah, the only problem i have with this , is it is turning into wow. it is a progressive stat of dmg, pre2.0 there wasnt dmging abilities like this with people of the same tier of gear. And now after 2.0, these massive, consistant dmg attacks, are going to result in the same problem WoW had. Things are going to be coming close to being one shotted. Don"t beleive. FIne, dont take my word, just wait.

I'll say again, speed hacks *do* exist and are more common than they should be. Combat hacks I don't know, but they're probably a myth. Speed hacks are real and if you see one, report that player.

I'm not saying they don't exist, but I am saying I don't believe they are all that common. I've been playing since early access and I do nothing but pvp and I've seen one actual speed hacker the entire time I've played this game and it was blatantly obvious as he zipped around the map and capped the middle turret before anyone even got off the platform and then watched him zip away to our off node.

Was actually kinda funny to watch but ya, that was literally the only time I've ever seen any kind of hacking in this game.

Edited by Raansu

Thanks for the advice. So what you are saying is that I there is not much I can do about the fact that there are some classes that do insane burst damage and block "be immune" to my damage? Man that is crazy ti think about, but I understand. One question.Is the immune skill timed or is it damage based? Meaning, that no matter how much damage they take, the immune will hold up? I will watch for the "yellow" text and if I see that, I will stop hitting that person and move to next target.

Thanks for the log file information. I will look at that as well and review what skills are hitting me for so much damage and try and read more about those skills.

Thanks.

Being optimized is different then just having 46 gear some stats are better for your class then others. My main is a sin i have a level 25 shadow that with bolster can hit for 10k and over just like my 55 main sin. This is do to the fact i know which stats are better for me IE power, Crit and surge with my main stat of willpower. Just throwing 46 armoring, mod and enhancements in your gear with augments is by no means optimized this is what optimization of stats do http://i.imgur.com/p9bwY2S.jpg notice even though this is a 55 the character stats http://imgur.com/rsojijC i can do the same thing with bolster in the lowbie bracket it not hard

I'm not saying they don't exist, but I am saying I don't believe they are all that common. I've been playing since early access and I do nothing but pvp and I've seen one actual speed hacker the entire time I've played this game and it was blatantly obvious as he zipped around the map and capped the middle turret before anyone even got off the platform and then watched him zip away to our off node.

Was actually kinda funny to watch but ya, that was literally the only time I've ever seen any kind of hacking in this game.

#GingersKingofHaxony

Edited by L-RANDLE

Thanks for the advice. So what you are saying is that I there is not much I can do about the fact that there are some classes that do insane burst damage and block "be immune" to my damage? Man that is crazy ti think about, but I understand. One question.Is the immune skill timed or is it damage based? Meaning, that no matter how much damage they take, the immune will hold up? I will watch for the "yellow" text and if I see that, I will stop hitting that person and move to next target.

Thanks for the log file information. I will look at that as well and review what skills are hitting me for so much damage and try and read more about those skills.

Thanks.

Assassins baseline ability force shroud gives them immunity to force/tech abilities.

Mercenary in the gunnery tree has a talent for chaff flares that when used it absorbs 1 tech/force attack and is active for 6 seconds.

Sorcerer has force barrier but that's basically a self stun and gives immunity to all damage but again, self stun so they can't do anything while channeling it.

Sorc static barrier isn't really an immunity but it absorbs a small amount of damage.

Sniper has a small window of immunity when they are using their roll (level 51 ability).

Undying rage doesn't have any immunities but it lowers all incoming damage by 99% so it may as well be, but since it doesn't have immunities to tech/force you can still stun/root/slow them if they pop it.

Guardians have a passive that gives them immunity for the first second of saber ward being popped.

Saber reflect is kind sort of an immunity? It reflects single target direct range damage and force/tech damage back to the enemy.

At 55 there are relics that absorb a moderate amount of damage.

Mmmm I'm probably missing something from a talent tree somewhere, but I can't recall anything else right now.

Edited by Raansu