"Maximum characters exceeded"

puupitus

So, I was trying to come back and test the F2P out. All my characters had been transferred to 2 different servers (total of 32 characters, yes..lots of lvl 1s etc. :D). I was trying to make a new character on a server I didn't have any characters on and got a message "Maximum characters exceeded. To create a new character, please delete 31 characters."

So I did.

And still the same error message, I got one character left I didn't delete.

I want to start over fresh on a new lvl 1 :(

Seriously, this is still an issue? WFT guys!

I came back to try out the new free to play model and like many of you who have returned, I had a list of existing characters. All of mine had been moved to a different server with the mergers, so I figured I'd make a new toon on another server. Now yes for those of us not subscribing our characters are limited to two. So I go ahead and delete all of the characters I had, so I now have no characters on any server at all. I enter the new server I picked, hit the create character button and boom, I get the same message that I have to many characters and must delete some. So I go back to the server list to double check they are all gone, and before I hit up the old server I notice that I'm still listed as having 8 characters on it, even though I deleted them all. I give it a couple of hours, take another look, nope, still saying I have 8 characters and won't let me create any new ones even though I deleted them all. I figure it'll take some time is all, hell they have a maintenance coming up in a few hours, if nothing else, that'll fix this. So I go to bed.

And now I return home, fire up the game and look what we have here. It STILL claims I have 8 characters on that server and refuses to allow me to create a new one. Come on guys, this isn't a joke now. People are returning to your game to try out the free to play model and any who stay more than a day are going to have to buy some cartel coins just to get access to their bloody action bars (something I feel is ridiculous, but that's another topic), and you're not even letting them play? Seriously guys, how can this still be happening? How long does it take for the game to register that you have deleted your characters? I mean hell, it's not like we can play them, they're gone, but we can't make new ones either, because your code still thinks they're there.

Sort this crap out EA, seriously.