Whats harder KP Normal v EV Hard

IMO do KP first.

We found KP easy enough. At least none of the encounters in there consistantly bug out. The only boss that you *may* have some issues on is Fabricator, and thats because your raid depends on the clickers (puzzle solvers) knowing what they are doing, once they have it down .. should be cake.

KP normal is definitely easier then EV Hard. EV hard isn't hard either but Soa hard is really hard and way harder than the normal version because of the lightning balls in phase 2 and 3. However, Bonethrasher (1st boss in KP) has a learning curve too. Also Heavy Fabricator (4th boss in KP) has a learning curve but I'd rather fight those 2 than Soa hard, and you get real nice Relics from Fabricator and Columi main hand weapons from Karagga Normal. They nerfed Fabricator's health on normal so even that shouldn't be so bad. KP and EV are supposed to be the same tier, so Columi on normal and Rakata on hard. Edited by joetacticSW

Soa in EV may be harder, but the other four are very doable. In fact, the first boss in EV is probably the only one that will remotely challenge you the first time if you know the fight mechanics going into it. The middle 3 bosses are so trivially easy they may as well just be higher-HP trash packs (hell, they're probably easier than some trash packs).

What my ops group usually does is run 4/5 EV for some quick and easy upgrades, then heads to KP, and finishes up with Soa if we have time. And really, just skip hardmode for the middle three bosses in EV and do nightmare; it's barely a step up in difficulty. One of our members did perfectly fine on his nightmare duel in Council....wearing questing blues and custom gear.

Our guild has done EV8 and EV8HM (no SOA downed yet - only done it once so far) before trying KP8 norm and this is what i can tell you from how our group works together. I have also pugged, as a healer, a KP HM.

Trash mobs.

In EV, the trash mobs are easy. Watch placement on the robots who can knock you off the ledge, and group the other stuff to AE. Pretty simple. Nothing needs to be CC'ed, nothing needs to really be focus fired etc. You just kinda run, stop, AE; rinse& repeat. This holds true for Normal and HM.

KP trash is MUCH different. Even in normal, esp when learning, you need to/should CC and burn down certain mobs in some of the trash groups in certain orders. The Bosses are easy enough. The trash actually poses some issue, esp to first timers or those who arent paying full attention, are new to raiding etc. Some people also get into a mentality that "oh, this is 'easy mode' and we do HM on this other thing, so we dont need to CC, assist or need direction on this trash". Better safe then sorry, cause you can wipe to the trash, and it only gets more important on HM and NMM.

First Bosses: Annhilation Droid XXr-3 vs Bonethrasher.

Each have their own mechanics that can pose a learning curve for a brand new group. XXR3's biggest issue is the Missle bombardment thing. Beating enrage, while not overtaxing what your healers are capable of can take a few tries to overcome. I've heard some say its a gear check, and i agree. Different group make-ups significantly alter this encounter from a healing standpoint.

Bonethrasher is much more of an exercise in mechanic understanding and situational awareness. 1 person really can ruin your chances if they keep doing the wrong things and luck is against you. If things seem more difficult then they should be (IE the healers not being able to DPS too - esp in normal), then someone in your group needs to pick it up and start calling out who needs to stand still, and be more proactive with instructions as they see things. Even if this cuts down on that persons DPS output, it can turn that try from a sure fail to an easy win. Overall, as a merc healer, i enjoy both of these fights once the strats are down.

Second Boss: Gharj vs Jarg and Sorno

Gharj is soooooo easy. Even on HM, this guy didnt get any harder, and didnt seem to last any longer. I am shocked by how easy this guy is. He is almost like a glorified mini boss.

Jarg and Sorno is a fight i enjoy and reminds me of EQ1's Rathe council, only like its easymode trial version. Once your group figures out the method that best works for you, its easy. HM gets a bit tougher on the healers, but nothing huge that an appropriately geared group cant handle without breaking a sweat.

Puzzle Bosses: #3 Pylons in EV, #4 Fabricator in KP

I find the Fabricator (Puzzle boss for KP, boss #4) easier then Pylons. It takes a bit longer, but its pretty straightforward. I suggest 2 ranged DPS and 1 healer up top handling the puzzle, and communicating over vent with when to hit their stations. If EV werent as buggy, i may put them at even. Really dependent upon having a few people who understand the puzzle mechanics and are able to communicate well.

KP #3: Foreman crusher is a pretty straightforward tank and spank requiring 1 very good tank and 2 healers that are on the ball with good communication or 2 tanks to swap off. Typical oldschool raiding. Tanks backed into a corner with mobs back to raid. Call me Nostalgic, it reminds me more of EQ1, and makes me miss the good ol days, when i had no life (read: college) and was OK raiding for 5-8hrs a day every day. Ahhh. Anyways. minus the occasional adds which pose no issue, unless everyone is asleep, very easy.

EV #4: Infernal Council

Love this fight. Easy. not much to say.

EV Boss: SOA

if this whole thing wasnt so buggy, it would be kinda fun. I hate it currently on HM. Some groups struggle and others breeze through. Very dependent upon your group. Mechanic driven, coupled with bugs all over the place = Cluster!@?#. Lightning balls are such a PITA. Its kinda like Boss #1 of KP. 1 baddie can bring you all down.

KP Boss: Karagga on his wild wild west style robot.

pretty easy if you know what to expect. tank him at edge of room, move him when he does the oil slick. Move away from people who get grav welled, AE down adds when they spawn under him. I cant even remember if thats it, cause the fight went so smoothly in HM with the pug. gave us the least grief of any of the bosses in KP in that pug group that run. Its like they are making up for Soa being so horrible and bugged. Its almost Gharj (EV #2) easy.

either way, they are meant to go together. One drops X pieces, and the other drops the remaining. There is no reason not to do EV and KP normal before moving on to the Hard's. Is it needed, no. Can/Does it help, yes.

i like the fights in KP, moreso than EV... but its hard to say which one is harder...

we were doing HM KP fights before we were doing EV, but i think that has more to do with the group that evening, than anything else.