PvE Consular gear is horrendously ugly

eNcFireWraith

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/7154/pveconsulargear.jpg

Is this some sort of sick joke? We look like a banana tree and have the most feminine headpiece I have ever seen. It makes my Dark V character look like a fairy princess.

This has got to be the worst looking armor that I have seen in an MMO. And replacing it with orange gear should not be an excuse for this, imo.

Edited by eNcFireWraith

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. The only way I've managed to stay decent looking is by using moddable pvp gear. I used a brown hooded robe I got around 12, replaced it with the level 20 pvp robe, and then replaced that with the level 40 pvp robe.

Nearly all other consular gear I've seen looks TERRIBLE.

Seriously .... my lvl 25 oversized tank is currently wearing a slightly see-through flowing silk dress with matching silken headdress.

Im like running instances yelling moaarrr cc and pay atttteenntion to the marks .... and everyone just giggles!

Edited by whitexxsaber

Seriously .... my lvl 25 oversized tank is currently wearing a slightly see-through flowing silk dress with matching silken headdress.

Im like running instances yelling moaarrr cc and pay atttteenntion to the marks .... and everyone just giggles!

Yea they seriously need to give a few more options for looks. I miss SWG appearance tab. Wish i could go knockout one of those jedi on Tython drag him behind some bushes and go for the jedi cloak and armor look from decieved trailer. Wishing that was a custom armor appearance option as kinda liked the armor with the cloak over it. Dont like the belts being on outside of robes and dont like the fact that most of consular choices are brown or white skirts. Ofcourse i also think that the single doubleblade or dual lightsabers should be an option for all Jedi not just certain Advance classes.

Two things id really like to see is more custom gear that comes from the videos that i saw while waiting on the game and letting me wield a single saber on my shadow spec consular without taking away what moves i can use.

I just got a new chest piece. Orange. It has a neck collar. I look like a female. All I need is some makeup and I could pass as a drag queen. Plus the tiara headpiece. My friends were crying in laughter for 10 minutes when they seen me. This is embarrassing. Bioware, please remake all of the Jedi consular gear. This isn't April fools is it?

Are the tattered robes from the 'mascot' consular in game, especially as an orange chest piece? I haven't seen anything close to them other than on the jedi master on Tatooine, but sadly you can't steal them from him.

If I'm thinking of the same look you are, then that's the level 50 PvP gear. It comes in a few different colors. It's moddable, but not fully moddable. It's got some base stats, and then 2 mod slots. The base item has expertise on it though, so it's use in PvE would be limited.

Although I agree that robe looks ugly as sin, since all the gear stats come from mods on items that do have mod slots, you can have the exact same stats as the ugly banana tree robe on something else that you already own.

I have ran into a lot of equipment that I did not like the look of it, so I just stripped it and placed the mods in whatever gear I wanted for my looks. I actually have been really happy with aesthetic options so far.

Basically its pretty much transmog from WoW, but a hell of a lot more customizable.

Some of the consular items look really horrible, but there are also a few good looking robes. From lvl 18 (or something like that) until Balmorra I used the Omenbringer Robe and Legwraps, then on Balmorra (Bonus Series) I got the Noble Consular Adept Robe (no hood, looks similar to Nadia's Act II robe) and still use it at 50. Both robes look like "traditional" Jedi robes and apart from the muddy / low res looking textures on my body type 4 character, they look great.

I would prefer the model of the artifact pvp set (the light brown one) but so far I have not found any custom items with that model. :(

For people who want pants, the Alderaan Commendation Vendor sells custom pants, I use them with Nadia and they look quite good.

Although I agree that robe looks ugly as sin, since all the gear stats come from mods on items that do have mod slots, you can have the exact same stats as the ugly banana tree robe on something else that you already own.

Not really.

What they conveniently forgot to mention is that not all the stats come from mods, thus many pieces of armor have "base stats" already built into them.

For example, I would love to take out the PvE gear mods and put them in the PvP set. However, the PvP set has base stats and expertise is one of them, which takes away from the other base stats. That means the base stats for willpower and endurance are higher on the PvE set because it does not have expertise.

I've killed 8 operations bosses and have not seen a single mod drop. So this whole "you can just make any orange piece as good as the PvE pieces" is not true.

We're going to be forced into the banana dress if you're a min/maxer. We need to get them to change the look of the gear, it's absolutely absurd that they thought these renders were a good idea.

@ whoever asked about the tattered robes, those are the PvP robes, and they look amazing. Too bad the stats aren't as good for raiding.

Edited by eNcFireWraith

I really wanted to make a Consular, but I'm waiting until I find a moddable pair of PANTS and a normal chest piece.

And that's really concerning about not seeing and mods drop in Operations. It was specifically said there were equivalent end game mods in operations.

see, that is why I made my consular a female, all the gear is made for pants hating females. I want to wear pants on my character not run around in a dress. At level 27 I have yet to see any moddable pants. At least some of the tops look decent on female characters.

I know some people really hate having to wear a lower robe, but I sort of prefer the look over the pants I've seen. (and I play a dark side male character) The overall design for most of the gear though is really bad. Especially the hats. If it's not a circlet, it's not worth seeing. Ever.

I really wanted to make a Consular, but I'm waiting until I find a moddable pair of PANTS and a normal chest piece.

And that's really concerning about not seeing and mods drop in Operations. It was specifically said there were equivalent end game mods in operations.

You can get those around level 27-29.

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/7154/pveconsulargear.jpg

Is this some sort of sick joke? We look like a banana tree and have the most feminine headpiece I have ever seen. It makes my Dark V character look like a fairy princess.

This has got to be the worst looking armor that I have seen in an MMO. And replacing it with orange gear should not be an excuse for this, imo.

If you don't mind my asking what is the name of these you got a screen shot of.

If you don't mind my asking what is the name of these you got a screen shot of.

It's the Rakata gear (Tier 3 PvE gear). You can find them at the vendors in the Republic Fleet. Hard/Nightmare Operations drop the gylphs for them.

Tier 1 and Tier 2 PvE gear look exactly the same except they aren't completely white (Tier 1 has different shades of poop brown and Tier 2 is white with gold trim).