Healing a companion.

Chaffery

Hello,

I haven't seen any med packs yet for companions. Do they exist? Or any other way heal up companion without speccing to as a healer class?

1 of my toons is commando, so healing is not a problem. Started new smuggler and I will take gunslinger as advanced training. I just don't like scoundrel, it is melee class, basically rogue.

Not sure if it's in game, but as a suggestion it would be great if you could give medpacks to your companion and make a condition (ala Dragon Age) where if they fall below X% health they use it.

That too, totally agree. Spares from minigame "watch companion health". And if your class is not a healer, then nothing much watch, companion simply dies.

Other thing is ressing companion, if my companion gets killed and I get away. Haven't found any other way ress my companion than commit suicide.

That too, totally agree. Spares from minigame "watch companion health". And if your class is not a healer, then nothing much watch, companion simply dies.

Other thing is ressing companion, if my companion gets killed and I get away. Haven't found any other way ress my companion than commit suicide.

You can right click your companion to rez him or her if you survive.

Biochem can make medpacs that heal both you and your companion pretty early on.

Thanks guys for pointing out biochem, haven't checked it yet. Seems like possible just 1 little problem, I'm guessing med packs and stims using shared CD. So healing up both is bit pointless.

• 4 weeks later...

you can. dismiss your companion, and call him back. comes at full HP. I also use it during questing if his HP is too low that it takes long time to regen back to full HP.

• 9 months later...

If your companion dies and you get away call a different companion and then the one you lost can just be changed back in.

During combat if you're not a healer yourself the only way is indeed to use the special biochem medpac that heal you both.

Out of combat, as suggested above, you can:

- dismiss your companion and resummon him/her

- get on your mount and dismount (it will also rez your companion). It's the fastest way if you're allowed to use your mount.

- use your personal out of combat regeneration skill, it works simultaneously on your companion even if you're not injured ("recuperate" for smuggler & agent, "introspection" for jedi knight, "seethe" for the sith inquisitor, "recharge & reload" for the trooper, etc... each class has its own skill but it does the same)

Heroic moment also heals your companion for a small amount.

It might be helpful to know what is your class and which companion. Classes that can't heal are either pure dps or can spec into tanking. If you are using a class that can tank, you should have a taunt even if you are dps spec. Use this to pull npc's off your companion if you can withstand their damage.

Try to CC (crowd control) anything attacking your companion.

Look at your companion abilities and try changing their stance to one that reduces damage taken (but will also reduce the amount of damage they do)...This depends again on your class and abilities.

Haven't figured that out yet, thanks.

If your companion dies, you can also dismiss them and then recall them. Rezzing them is easier if you're right nearby, but if you had to flee & their corpse is next to some elites, then this method can be helpful. Does not work in combat.