Reminder: Datamining and Fallen Empire Discussion

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Over the last few days we have seen an increase in posts and discussion around unreleased Knights of the Fallen Empire information. I thought it best to remind everyone that discussion of datamining, datamined information, or any other unreleased KotFE information is distinctly against our forum rules.

We take posts and discussions around this very seriously. Any threads/posts like this will be removed and action can, and will, be taken against your account. I believe this got a little out of hand while we were in Germany and our moderators are working to clean it up now.

If you see any posts or threads which you believe contain unreleased or datamined information, report those posts immediately.

Thank you for your cooperation.

-eric

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for he notification Eric will do so with the handy report button some people were speculating that Bioware is not against Datamining its good that you have stated that you 100% are against it and don't condone it at all. Edited by _NovaBlast_

If you'd release informations on a consistent basis (Or at least not leave the community in the dark for weeks or months between news updates), people wouldn't need to datamine your launcher. It's always a "we'll reveal more soon", but when exactly is this soon? day1 of early access? At every cantina you keep delaying and avoiding answering questions, you can't blame people for seeking informations elsewhere.

It's ok not to say anything at all about story. But it's not ok to keep delaying news about gameplay or game mechanics that can and will affect the way a majority of us play when we are less than two months away from release. I personally couldn't care less about crafting nor companions (As long as I have 1 tank, 1 healer and 1 dps for each of my characters, they could all be random place holder bodytype4 npcs for all I care), but there are a lot of people that actually need those info for their own purposes (Stocking materials and the like). But it's something they needed to know 2 months ago, not now.

And that obviously, is just an example.

I know its crazy, but how about releasing something yourself for a change.

The expansion is only two months away and officially we know next to nothing. Even less if we ignore random rumors from the last cantina.

This is just unacceptable. And outright bizzare when compared to what other game companies released at gamescom.

Edited by AMightyKnight

Hey folks,

Over the last few days we have seen an increase in posts and discussion around unreleased Knights of the Fallen Empire information. I thought it best to remind everyone that discussion of datamining, datamined information, or any other unreleased KotFE information is distinctly against our forum rules.

We take posts and discussions around this very seriously. Any threads/posts like this will be removed and action can, and will, be taken against your account. I believe this got a little out of hand while we were in Germany and our moderators are working to clean it up now.

If you see any posts or threads which you believe contain unreleased or datamined information, report those posts immediately.

Thank you for your cooperation.

-eric

I guess they didn't have any computers at Gamescom for you folks to login and check yourself? I'm stun-locked that whilst you are away, there's no one keeping an eye on things. Kinda sums up why everything has got out of hand.

If you'd release informations on a consistent basis (Or at least not leave the community in the dark for weeks or months between news updates), people wouldn't need to datamine your launcher. It's always a "we'll reveal more soon", but when exactly is this soon? day1 of early access? At every cantina you keep delaying and avoiding answering questions, you can't blame people for seeking informations elsewhere.

It's ok not to say anything at all about story. But it's not ok to keep delaying news about gameplay or game mechanics that can and will affect the way a majority of us play when we are less than two months away from release. I personally couldn't care less about crafting nor companions (As long as I have 1 tank, 1 healer and 1 dps for each of my characters, they could all be random place holder bodytype4 npcs for all I care), but there are a lot of people that actually need those info for their own purposes (Stocking materials and the like). But it's something they needed to know 2 months ago, not now.

The entitlement in this post is unbelievable . Really. If they are going to change anything about the mechanics why do you "need to know" ... like when they did the stat squish people threw major tantrums over it and made it the mount Everest out of what really was a mole hill that really wasn't a huge deal.

For that reason alone as well as the "OMG NGE" thread popping up i think bio is completely justified to play their cards close to their chest,

Personally If they take away Kira or don't improve companions interactions and stories movies and dialog in a meaningful way i be upset but I m not demanding they tell me all their plans right now . I willing to wait till October if i like what i see ill continue if i dont ill make a decision then

Edited by _NovaBlast_

This times infinity.

Thanks for he notification Eric will do so with the handy report button some people were speculating that Bioware is not against Datamining its good that you have stated that you 100% are against it and don't condone it at all.

Relax, they wont pick you for closed PTS no matter how many posts you report :rak_grin:

The entitlement in this post is unbelievable . Really. If they are going to change anything about the mechanics why do you "need to know" ... like when they did the stat squish people threw major tantrums over it and made it the mount Everest out of what really was a mole hill that really wasn't a huge deal.

For that reason alone as well as the "OMG NGE" thread popping up i think bio is completely justified to play their cards close to their chest,

It's not entitlement. Just like expecting to be kept in the loop on any service you subscribe to isn't entitlement. Given how other MMOs do it, it's a reasonable request. They do it to themselves.

It's not entitlement. Just like expecting to be kept in the loop on any service you subscribe to isn't entitlement. Given how other MMOs do it, it's a reasonable request. They do it to themselves.

your welcome to your opinion but Im sticking to mine ..... love the use of x mmo does it this way though.

its a classic.

Please tell me you're joking.

I pay €13 a month and spent another 15€ each for Makeb and Revan's expansions since two years. As a paying customer I have all the rights in the world to know what I'm paying for and if a part of the product I'm paying for (Gameplay mechanics such as crafting in this case) is changing, I have all the rights in the world to decide in advance if I want to keep paying those €13 a month or not. As a paying customer I cannot buy something blind. I either need to test it myself or, in this case, to know in advance how those mechanics will change.

As I've said I don't personally care about crafting, but other people do. And if there are changes that are not related to the story, subscribers have all the rights in the world to demand for those news in advance instead of being left in the dark. They already pay for this product, they need to have the possibility to decide if this product, if it's changing in some way, it's still worth paying for them.

Oh, and before you reply again with some other questionable comment, the "I" means "All the subscribers".

Thank you, that was a necessary step to stop the situation from getting (even more) out of hand. I'm looking forward to dev blogs/interviews/live streams to officially confirm the way the game is headed. Not discussing datamined stuff is the only way to not encourage more people to try their luck this way. Which doesn't mean that I sometimes don't like reading all the speculations, but unconfirmed sources should never lead to a situation where the devs hastily have to prepare some unfinished presentation to justify/deny rumors.

Just a small sidenote 'Thank you for your cooperation' really has a sarcastic ring to it (even if I'm sure it definitely wasn't intended that way I'm just afraid this phrase base been overused by the media (films, also games) too much.

The problem here is that this data mined info isn't being contradicted in the slightest. If you have a leak, it's probably best to put one foot a littler farther into the water then to jump out of the pool hissing like a scared cat at everyone.

These datamined things seem like very big changes. It's really tough to sit back and be like ah ok, so this game is going where again in terms of direction?

They don't have to tell me everything. I like the element of suprise in a lot of instances. I however, don't know if I feel too good about what I'm hearing now. No new ops until next year? Ehhh fine, I'm not finished progression anyway, and i like the old operations so I'm good. But the rest...ehhhhhh. Don't know how I feel about it.

Oh I do also love the promised blog posts that come weeks later than promised outlining what we were so curious about.

At any rate, this expansion is free. No harm in not trying it out. Doesn't really sound as promising as before. The spoiler about Valkorian?! That's so stupid.

Please tell me you're joking.

I pay €13 a month and spent another 15€ each for Makeb and Revan's expansions since two years. As a paying customer I have all the rights in the world to know what I'm paying for and if a part of the product I'm paying for (Gameplay mechanics such as crafting in this case) is changing, I have all the rights in the world to decide in advance if I want to keep paying those €13 a month or not. As a paying customer I cannot buy something blind. I either need to test it myself or, in this case, to know in advance how those mechanics will change.

As I've said I don't personally care about crafting, but other people do. And if there are changes that are not related to the story, subscribers have all the rights in the world to demand for those news in advance instead of being left in the dark. They already pay for this product, they need to have the possibility to decide if this product, if it's changing in some way, it's still worth paying for them.

Oh, and before you reply again with some other questionable comment, the "I" means "All the subscribers".

You will fin the "i pay money and for that sole reason i am now entitled to full full disclosure " argument does NOT hold water with me "

Im also subscriber and I'm not as entitled and arrogant as you just proved you were in the post,.

I also gave an example of it in my above post concerning companions . All you did here was prove how self absorbed arrogant and self entitled you are.

Years ago when i worked in a call center for a major company and your type was the worst type of caller i had to deal with . Normally had to spend 30 min explaining that they were wrong (without actually saying it) by pointing out areas in the TOS that their situation dealt with.

So im going to give you the same answer...I suggest you read the TOS and show me where it says your entitled to this information. Go ahead... if you can point out a specific part oft he TOS that backs up your claim i will more than happily address it.

Edited by _NovaBlast_

You will fin the "i pay money and for that sole reason i am now entitled to full full disclosure " argument does hold water with me "

Im also subscriber and I'm not as entitled and arrogant as you just proved you were in the post,.

I also gave an example of it in my above post concerning companions . All you did here was prove how self absorbed arrogant and self entitled you are.

Years ago when i worked in a call center for a major company and your type was the worst type of caller i had to deal with . Normally had to spend 30 min explaining that they were wrong (without actually saying it) by pointing out areas in the TOS that their situation dealt with.

So im going to give you the same answer...I suggest you read the TOS and show me where it says your entitled to this information. Go ahead... if you can point out a specific part oft he TOS that backs up your claim i will more than happily address it.

I couldn't care less about you or the story of your life. I don't like paying for something that I know nothing about. If you're ok with spending money for something you know nothing about it's your problem.

And that tos bs.. Really? That's not about tos, that's how the world goes. If a company ask for money without giving informations in return about its products it's failing at marketing and customer service. How are they supposed to keep earning money if people have absolutely no idea what they are paying for? It's ok not to spoil the story, it's not ok not to talk about the mechanics of the game that they are changing. If I don't like what those changes will mean or how they will affect my paying customer experience, I have all the rights in the world to know in advance, judge if it's worth paying and decide if I want to keep paying or drop my subscription immediately.

I couldn't care less about you or the story of your life. I don't like paying for something that I know nothing about. If you're ok with spending money for something you know nothing about it's your problem.

And that tos bs.. Really? That's not about tos, that's how the world goes. If a company ask for money without giving informations in return about its products it's failing at marketing and customer service. How are they supposed to keep earning money if people have absolutely no idea what they are paying for? It's ok not to spoil the story, it's not ok not to talk about the mechanics of the game that they are changing. If I don't like what those changes will mean or how they will affect my paying customer experience, I have all the rights in the world to know in advance, judge if it's worth paying and decide if I want to keep paying or drop my subscription immediately.

Good thing KOTFE is free to subscribers. You can always unsub and come back when you know more and feel confident in the product you are giving money.

Edited by Reno_Tarshil

Was reading this and I cant help but think it is getting rather heated in here isn't it. But I do have to bring up that fact that the devs have said on numerous occasions that they were going to be more transparent with news about changes, but then again they have said on numerous occasions that they would not wait for 18 months or more to bring out new raid content. So I dont know maybe they just dont want to keep their word. (shrug)

Makeb and SOR costed extra money in order get it. KOTFE doesn't. Therefor KOTFE is free.

If they are not ready to show it, no need to force them to.

It's coming out in 2 months time. They should be more than ready to show most of the base mechanic changes.

Do you really expect them to overhaul major changes in under 1 month without testing??

Edited by micnevv