Two questions: companions and tutorials...

rrkased

Hey

Okay 2 things....

1) I have the companion t7-01 and he wants a conversation with me to share information, but only in private... i have been to cantinas and rest areas and he still wants private... where di i go... users said onto my ship... but i dont own a ship???

2) im a newcomer... especially to MMOs as i have only played LOTRO before this... and i have tutorials enables but as an example... i got a pop up of a tutorial during a prolouge mission telling me about companion interaction and i must have been busy and ignored it... but i cant find where to read it or any past tutoral pop ups? is this a feature or is there only the codex... which isn't as useful in my case???

Thanx

Kase

------

2) im a newcomer... especially to MMOs as i have only played LOTRO before this... and i have tutorials enables but as an example... i got a pop up of a tutorial during a prolouge mission telling me about companion interaction and i must have been busy and ignored it... but i cant find where to read it or any past tutoral pop ups? is this a feature or is there only the codex... which isn't as useful in my case???

Once you clear a tutorial tip, it's gone. Bye-bye. You can't get it back and it's not saved in the Codex.

Hey

1) I have the companion t7-01 and he wants a conversation with me to share information, but only in private... i have been to cantinas and rest areas and he still wants private... where di i go... users said onto my ship... but i dont own a ship???

The indicator pops up from time to time with it's own will, it seems. Best way to tell that your companion does indeed want to talk to you is look for the mission icon above it's head while in a cantina or on your ship.

Don't worry about the conversation with T-7 eventually you will end up in a place where he will talk to you. It's not a mission or anything. I think I was in the Black Sun area of Courscant when I finally got him to spill the beans... Edited by Walldude

some of the companions will only talk to you in a larger cantina...for example the small one on coruscant that is by the senate building never works for me but I can go to one of the larger ones that you discover later in your quest line and it will work there...

The indicator pops up from time to time with it's own will, it seems. Best way to tell that your companion does indeed want to talk to you is look for the mission icon above it's head while in a cantina or on your ship.

another way to tell if they truly want to talk is by right clicking them to see what they say. if they ask to talk to you, then that means the tiny icon is fo reelz. if they just say one of their random quotes, then don't bother looking for a cantina/your ship.

Keep going through your main story mission and eventually you will get your ship roughly level 14 to 18 pending on how many side/group missions you did. Technically if you see a small icon that looks like a frequency wave on your companion, this means they actually want to talk to you. This icon will be opposite of the crew skill icon.

I had the same thing today. Fes wouldn't talk to me in the lounge on Coruscant, so I thought..why not...and went up to the republic fleet cantina offworld. Lo and behold, we had our conversation. It must have resembled "my ship" I don't yet have, so he felt comfortable talking.

It wasn't anything earth-shattering, but a little bit of his history with my master and that he wanted us to be friends like that. Seems we're getting along. He is a great fighter.

So T-07 prob. has something on that line to talkt o you about. Try taking a shuttle to the fleet and enter that cantina.

• 2 weeks later...

Why does my companion sometimes say he wants to talk to me (either in the ship or cantina) and so I head to both and then he suddenly has nothing to say?

I have had this happen to me several times and with different companions. I get the little ship icon or the talk in private icon, head to whichever is needed and then zip, nothing, nada! wth!?

do you have to drop whatever you are doing and get there within a certain time frame? I head to a location asap..but still ..waste my time and it's frustrating.:(

another way to tell if they truly want to talk is by right clicking them to see what they say. if they ask to talk to you, then that means the tiny icon is fo reelz. if they just say one of their random quotes, then don't bother looking for a cantina/your ship.

There's a tiny icon that appears in the companion portrait area. A head means they want to talk, a ship means they want to talk on your ship.

It's really small and easy to overlook if you don't know it's there.