EV Nightmare - Annihilation Droid XRR-3

We attempted EV Nightmare. Got stuck on 1st boss with some unknown mechanics.

2 videos, 2 different mechanics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeRAv9ZXA6E

http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg325/Bunnychaser999/asdf-6.png

1st video, Randomly killed by laser. He took aggro a second before. He taunted back then Bunnychaser was instantly killed by a laser. With the taunt debuff still up (3rd bar, all the way to the left)

at 1:42 Varsynk also gets hit by the same laser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwAy2bbvwHw

Trencal - Me, Randomly taking 15.8k. I have been randomly killed by this before I believe I was just hit by less from it. Was still in steath, no damage done, No Debuff, no rocket, no laser, no one nearby. Only thing that happens at the same time is a Green aoe from the boss. However no one took damage but me.

Any ideas?

Edited by Trencal

From what you described in the first part of your post, that is the cannonade, and he targets the highest threat target with it, then charges it for a few seconds, then fires it. Its a 15-18k hit + a 3k / sec dot. The reason your DPS get hit by it when the tank gets knocked back, is they are now the highest threat after the KB, even though the taunt debuff is on him, he targetted them before and was charging it, so it will still fire on them. This is solved by having a second tank fighting for aggro and taunting on swipes to keep at the top of the threat list.

As for the video you posted the only conclusion I can draw is that it was his reticle missile, and the reticle didnt appear. These missiles stop at 75%.

From what you described in the first part of your post, that is the cannonade, and he targets the highest threat target with it, then charges it for a few seconds, then fires it. Its a 15-18k hit + a 3k / sec dot. The reason your DPS get hit by it when the tank gets knocked back, is they are now the highest threat after the KB, even though the taunt debuff is on him, he targetted them before and was charging it, so it will still fire on them. This is solved by having a second tank fighting for aggro and taunting on swipes to keep at the top of the threat list.

As for the video you posted the only conclusion I can draw is that it was his reticle missile, and the reticle didnt appear. These missiles stop at 75%.

So he charges cannonade without a cast bar and it doesnt show the damage? From what I recall all damaging abilities (Even over your hp) Show above your body with red text when enabled. Even so Cannonade sounds literally like a missle, not a laser. Seems like this fight is very flawed as we have people randomly die everywhere with things such as this.

We will try the taunting more often, but it seems silly since the MT is only away from the boss for about half a second since he charges and taunts the second he stands up. Also if you look in the video the MT (Pingulu) wasn't knocked back, He didnt move basically since the beginning since it was only like 14 seconds into the fight.

Also Varsynk at 1:42 gets hit by the same thing, But he wasn't knock backed and there was no aggro loss. You can see that. He just gets hit by a random laser and dies.

Edited by Trencal

Does he do this on 16 man Hard as well? We just switched to 16 mans last night after roflstomping on 8 mans for a couple weeks and encountered this cannon ability 1 shotting the dps. Bug, or mechanic for HM? It is fine if it is a mechanic, we will just switch it up and throw in another tank into the mix, as we just 1 tank it all already.

Does he do this on 16 man Hard as well? We just switched to 16 mans last night after roflstomping on 8 mans for a couple weeks and encountered this cannon ability 1 shotting the dps. Bug, or mechanic for HM? It is fine if it is a mechanic, we will just switch it up and throw in another tank into the mix, as we just 1 tank it all already.

mechanic

Cannonade targets both the first and second people on the threat table. Either use an off tank or a heavy armor with endurance stun to get around 20k health. Everyone else should use threat reduction on cool down for predictable targeting of cannonade.

Video that explains mechanics well:

Cannonade targets both the first and second people on the threat table. Either use an off tank or a heavy armor with endurance stun to get around 20k health. Everyone else should use threat reduction on cool down for predictable targeting of cannonade.

Video that explains mechanics well:

I wear heavy armor.

It hit me for 22720.

Lol.

You shouldn't link an 8 man fight either.

16 man nightmare is bugged so much harder than 8 man nightmare on that fight, it's not even funny.

Half the time he doesn't even say Proximity Violation.

He just stuns.

Invisible rockets randomly exploding on people is nice too.

Edited by Bunnychaser

I wear heavy armor.

It hit me for 22720.

Lol.

16 man nightmare is bugged so much harder than 8 man nightmare on that fight, it's not even funny.

He just stuns.

The fight isnt that buggy, at all. My guild has been clearing it in 16 nightmare since the first week of january or so.

I wear heavy armor.

It hit me for 22720.

Lol.

He just stuns.

I raid 16 man as well now, and yes we had this problem with cannonade blowing up a player until we brough an off tank. Make sure he's second on threat at all times and the ability is countered. The only time someone might Get a cannonade is in the chance that he picks cannonade right after a frontal swipe