Well, looks like I've hit that brick wall....

Darth_Solrac

I can't beat Thanaton, can't even beat Rolan. This is mostly thanks to Darth Lag, but yea. I'm LV 40/almost 41. My usually reliable formula of Command Stim+AoE/knock back attacks so to remain locked onto Ashara for shield/heal failed badly.

I dunno what else to do, but start asking people for help. Advice please?

What did on this fight was lure Rolan to the bridge you crossed to get to Thanton. I then used a knockback to push him off the ledge. I lnow this sounds like cheating, but it was the only way I could figure out how to beat him.

What did on this fight was lure Rolan to the bridge you crossed to get to Thanton. I then used a knockback to push him off the ledge. I lnow this sounds like cheating, but it was the only way I could figure out how to beat him.

I've heard this before. I knew I wasn't the only one going through this BS. I can try that...but Rolan doesn't tend to move much, doesn't notice me till I'm close, & when he does, he focuses on Ashara 1st which USUALLY I would want but yea. When they start going at it, they really don't move much....

I knew post 40 was harder....but BW I'm starting to think you overdid it a lil....

I'm going to go ahead and guess you are a sorc because you heal and use Ashara. The way I did it(Assassin) was fight him myself and use Drellik to heal me. But that probably won't work for you so just grab a buddy and gang up on him. If you think thats cheating have them only heal.

And trust me, you don't have to worry about Thanaton. If you get past his Apprentice, Thanaton won't be a problem.

I'm going to go ahead and guess you are a sorc because you heal and use Ashara. The way I did it(Assassin) was fight him myself and use Drellik to heal me. But that probably won't work for you so just grab a buddy and gang up on him. If you think thats cheating have them only heal.

And trust me, you don't have to worry about Thanaton. If you get past his Apprentice, Thanaton won't be a problem.

A sorc. I am. As a sorc. I favor force users, hence Ashara yes. I was already considering getting a friend, cuz this is getting irritating.

So Rolan is harder eh, hmmm....

I'm going to go ahead and guess you are a sorc because you heal and use Ashara. The way I did it(Assassin) was fight him myself and use Drellik to heal me. But that probably won't work for you so just grab a buddy and gang up on him. If you think thats cheating have them only heal. .

Actually, using Talos works well for Sorcerer. His healing combined with me healing myself when I was able to made the fight fairly easy. I always use a healing companion in big fights even though I can heal myself because bosses like to interrupt healing skills. Plus, that carbon thing healing companions can do is super handy.

I'm sure there will be people who will make fun of this fight but if you want to watch video of me fighting Rolan, click

. I do encourage using interrupt more than I did, I was half asleep when I did this fight so I wasn't quite with it.

Actually, using Talos works well for Sorcerer. His healing combined with me healing myself when I was able to made the fight fairly easy. I always use a healing companion in big fights even though I can heal myself because bosses like to interrupt healing skills. Plus, that carbon thing healing companions can do is super handy.

I'm sure there will be people who will make fun of this fight but if you want to watch video of me fighting Rolan, click

. I do encourage using interrupt more than I did, I was half asleep when I did this fight so I wasn't quite with it.

Hmm...ok I might give this a try. GOTTA get this right either way cuz yet again I'm starting to go broke paying for command stims & gear repair.

Ok this is in the spoiler forum so I might as well break the good news :

You don't have to fight Thanaton at all during this fight!

That can't be....

Oh you mean if I choose a LS option for that. Not gonna happen. I want revenge on this mofo for how he punked me earlier.

......*** you telling me HE is the final boss?

Don't worry, Talos and Thanaton will keep you healed. Personally, I found the final encounter with him easier

than the one on Corellia.

I don't have video for the final fight (waits for applause to die down). Once I realized it was going to take me a little while and it involved a bunch of running around when my interrupt was on cooldown, I stopped recording. Not that you have to run but I prefer not to stand in AoEs when possible.

Yes, he is the final boss

and another thing is that you fight him MULTIPLE times. The final time you fight him shouldn't be too tough. He will be lvl 50 elite but don't get discouraged. I teamed up with a lvl 47 assassin while I was a lvl 48 assassin. We did it together for me the first time and won easy. The second time(we both had to do it)the 47 assassin helped in the very beginning and then froze up and I did it myself, for the other player. I didn't kill him but I came close with the help of Talos Drellik. Once he died it all went downhill. We tried it again and kicked Thanaton's *** easily

Don't worry, Talos and Thanaton will keep you healed. Personally, I found the final encounter with him easier

than the one on Corellia.

I don't have video for the final fight (waits for applause to die down). Once I realized it was going to take me a little while and it involved a bunch of running around when my interrupt was on cooldown, I stopped recording. Not that you have to run but I prefer not to stand in AoEs when possible.

....Now I'm really confused. You're saying Thanaton IS the final boss? And he HEALS me? HUH? I aint been to Corellia yet either, so huh?

Yes, he is the final boss

and another thing is that you fight him MULTIPLE times. The final time you fight him shouldn't be too tough. He will be lvl 50 elite but don't get discouraged. I teamed up with a lvl 47 assassin while I was a lvl 48 assassin. We did it together for me the first time and won easy. The second time(we both had to do it)the 47 assassin helped in the very beginning and then froze up and I did it myself, for the other player. I didn't kill him but I came close with the help of Talos Drellik. Once he died it all went downhill. We tried it again and kicked Thanaton's *** easily

Well that's kinda lame. So I DON'T fight Thanaton this time then, ghosts overwhelm me, right. Then I face em again on Corellia. Then last time as final boss? I've heard that the Dark Council cusses em out & puts me on it, but after which time? Also, you get the Darth title at 45 right, is this from beating em once?

....Now I'm really confused. You're saying Thanaton IS the final boss? And he HEALS me? HUH? I aint been to Corellia yet either, so huh?

When I was fighting Thanaton for the final time, he kept using Whirlwind on me and that would heal me up real nice. The first time I saw that green text with the name Thanaton next to it my eyes bugged out, kind of like :eek: because I thought it didn't do that on player characters. Unless I was the lucky victim of a bug. I didn't save what little combat video I had to go back and look but I do remember double checking while playing and while reviewing the video and seeing heals from Thanaton.

You don't get your Darth title until you finish the story, which is after your final fight in front of the Dark Council (they don't cuss him out but I don't want to spoil it for you). I was 49 when I finished and it's a level 50 quest.

We're totally spoiling the class quest for you, aren't we.

Edited by KurganNazzir

When I was fighting Thanaton for the final time, he kept using Whirlwind on me and that would heal me up real nice. The first time I saw that green text with the name Thanaton next to it my eyes bugged out, kind of like :eek: because I thought it didn't do that on player characters. Unless I was the lucky victim of a bug. I didn't save what little combat video I had to go back and look but I do remember double checking while playing and while reviewing the video and seeing heals from Thanaton.

You don't get your Darth title until you finish the story, which is after your final fight in front of the Dark Council (they don't cuss him out but I don't want to spoil it for you). I was 49 when I finished and it's a level 50 quest.

Man, I wish the Avatar of Sel-Makor would do that on Voss! But nooooo. Nuke/multitarget Force Choke/Nuke.... and you're toasty.

Seems like a bug to me. I heard you can get Darth as early as LV 45. Or is this starting to vary based on class maybe?

I heard you can get Darth as early as LV 45. Or is this starting to vary based on class maybe?

Maybe if you have a friend or two helping you through your quest line you could get it done at 45, I don't know, but it comes from completing your class story (fighting a level 50 boss for all classes, as far as I know). The Inquisitor gets it right after the final fight quest, my Warrior had to travel to the Fleet after his fight and talk to someone to get the title.

I checked other videos on Youtube and, sure enough, Thanaton did heals on them, though it's not from Whirlwind so I don't know what it's from. /shrug Whatever it is, it's nice and helpful.

Maybe if you have a friend or two helping you through your quest line you could get it done at 45, I don't know, but it comes from completing your class story (fighting a level 50 boss for all classes, as far as I know). The Inquisitor gets it right after the final fight quest, my Warrior had to travel to the Fleet after his fight and talk to someone to get the title.

I checked other videos on Youtube and, sure enough, Thanaton did heals on them, though it's not from Whirlwind so I don't know what it's from. /shrug Whatever it is, it's nice and helpful.

Sure, great. Whatever makes the final fight easier I say.

I can't beat Thanaton, can't even beat Rolan. This is mostly thanks to Darth Lag, but yea. I'm LV 40/almost 41. My usually reliable formula of Command Stim+AoE/knock back attacks so to remain locked onto Ashara for shield/heal failed badly.

I dunno what else to do, but start asking people for help. Advice please?

I am not going to lie, every boss fight from here on out I had to get help.