New to game and cant decide between Jugg or Marauder

LordOboh

Anyone know which spec to go and how much dps % difference is it for each spec, doesn't have to be 100% accurate.

Got my answer and it's - Fury ... who could've guessed it's the same story in every game.

Edited by philipnks

I want to pvp so idc about immortal all the much on Jugg and its hard finding up to date info on the different specs and i dont have all the time in the world so i dont want to level one just to find the other is better

It depends on what you want to do. Jugg has a few less buttons to worry about and is more versatile, as you will have the option to change your spec between DPS and tanking if you ever change your mind and want to (such as if you get into a fleet that wants to run a lot of ops or whatever). If you go Marauder you will always be a DPS, and have no choice about being anything else.

I do not think highly of SWTOR PVP, although I do participate in it to some extent, in fact I think it's sort of a joke, which is pretty much what I think of pretty much all MMORPG PVP. It's sort of like the nerd meta-joke about how comparing ESO PVP to SWTOR PVP doesn't matter because whoever wins the gamers already lost. (I can't remember how it was originally phrased, but it's quoted on a few MMORPG sites once in a while). That said for what it is, I do not think you will notice a tremendous difference between a DPS Jugg and a Marauder unless your a very high end player, and even then it can be debated... I guess your ultimate choice should be about versatility and whether or not you'll get bored from simplicity as the Jugg has less buttons to push last time I checked.

Two other very personal reasons I will suggest Jugg is that I think a single light saber is more iconic than dual wielding. Simply put in Star Wars not many people actually use two light sabers as a full time thing, the closest thing to a Canon character who does so (via Disney) is Ahsoka Tano from the cartoons (and my current Marauder is a satire on her actually), I mean Anakin and Obi Wan have both used two light sabers on a few occasions, but it's not a default thing. If you look around "Legends" deeply you will find dual wielders, but as I said, I think single saber or saberstaff fits better..... the second reason if you read all this is that the drawing animation for paired weapons in this game is terri-bad as it involves the Jedi or Sith literally crossing their arms in front of them to pull a weapon off each side. This can be somewhat excused since the sabers aren't ignited until fully drawn, but if you use side-worn solid blade weapons like vibro blades or the Sith Warblade you are literally watching a giant "don't do this" animated in a professional game as a combat animation... think about and watch what your guy does. It might not bother you the way it does me, but I can't help but mention it when the subject comes up. There are various ways of drawing various waist-worn melee weapons that avoid this awkwardness and potential problems, but I'm not going to write a treaties. Simply put they will not change the weapon and drawing animations so it doesn't matter.... I will just say I loathe SWTOR dual wielding melee even more than other MMORPGs that do the same thing because I personally feel the moment between non-combat, and combat stance when you draw is unusually bad here.... but if that doesn't bother you, it's no huge deal.

Simply put I feel that a dual wielding melee character should either draw one over the shoulder and one from the side with solid weapons, or keep one weapon horizontal accross the back of the belt to draw sideways (I could show you example of what I mean here but I doubt anyone cares) while the other weapon is drawn normally. This way your not tangling your arms for a moment the same way, and avoid the whole problem of slashing the inside of your own arms if something goes wrong (less of an issue with an ingnition blade like a light saber, but really bad with physical swords... and I still can't believe a Jedi or Sith would cross their arms like that to draw them.... if nothing else that's the moment to put a blaster bolt between their eyes while their arms are crossed awkwardly.... and personally I want to see the Padawan and Jedi with two bionic arms since inevitably someone is going to hit the button too quick in training, or in the head of combat and wind up literally simultaneously cutting both their arms off....