How long do Cartel purchases take to activate?

jedimindtrixx

New player and I just resubbed. Used Cartel Coins to purchase the Togruta race for 600, but it is not activated yet. It's been about 48 hours since the purchase and still not able to use the class, semi-frustrating. Account shows the coins have been redeemed.

Opened a ticket and it hasn't been acknowledged yet (been about 24 hours).

Thanks for the help in advance

I'm fairly certain this was recently discussed (but haven't searched for the post). Check your cartel item stash. You may need to claim the item you just purchased. Most items then end up in your inventory after being claimed, and then you have to click on them to use them. I think that species unlocks are applied automatically after claiming.

Hey,

You'll need to redeem the token in the cartel market, check your unclaimed items in the bottom right of the market. If you have claimed it there then check your inventory. Most Cartel Market items require you to use the token item in your inventory after claiming them from the market for you to use

Hope that made sense!

Hey,

You'll need to redeem the token in the cartel market, check your unclaimed items in the bottom right of the market. If you have claimed it there then check your inventory. Most Cartel Market items require you to use the token item in your inventory after claiming them from the market for you to use

Hope that made sense!

Appreciate all the help in the thread, thank you. So, if i'm understanding this correctly. I need to create a class character with a random race, then buy the cartel token, claim it, then use it from my inventory?

I definitely did not understand that process, I thought if I purchased the cartel token, the race would be unlocked during character creation.

Appreciate all the help in the thread, thank you. So, if i'm understanding this correctly. I need to create a class character with a random race, then buy the cartel token, claim it, then use it from my inventory?

I definitely did not understand that process, I thought if I purchased the cartel token, the race would be unlocked during character creation.

The sequence in general for cartel market unlocks of any kind is as follows (skip any step that doesn't apply in your case):

* Buy the item in the market.

* On the same character that bought it, claim the item from the market into your inventory.

* Use (right-click) the item in your inventory.

Then for a species unlock either:

* Create a new character

or:

* Use an Appearance Designer kiosk (located on capital planets and the Fleet) to change an existing character's species to the newly-unlocked species. Remember to set all the sliders for appearance at the same time since doing so is free while you have a species change in progress, but costs CCs per slider that you change if you do it later.

* On the same character that bought it, claim the item from the market into your inventory.

This seems to be the part that many people have problems with. To add some to it:

Once you buy something in the Cartel Market, you then have to "claim" it. I'm not sure why this is, but I it does act as a kind of an "are you sure".

The items to be claimed are kept in the "unclaimed items" list. There is a button at the bottom of the CM window called "Unclaimed Items", with a number (the number of unclaimed items). Simply click on this button and then click on "Claim All"**, to transfer them to your inventory.

** I think it's at this point that you can "buy back" any items that you've decided not to claim.

The items to be claimed are kept in the "unclaimed items" list. There is a button at the bottom of the CM window called "Unclaimed Items", with a number (the number of unclaimed items). Simply click on this button and then click on "Claim All"**, to transfer them to your inventory.

** I think it's at this point that you can "buy back" any items that you've decided not to claim.

It is, indeed, where you can sell back the items that you don't really want.