Any way to get old e-mails back?

Capote

So, I came back to play after a few months, and for my surprise 2 full legacy sets disappeared from my account (they were on my e-mail, I didn't know there were a timer to it get deleted).

I was really hoping to come back do play, does anyone know if there is a way to get all my gear back? Anyone who experienced this got the items back?

Sorry about posting it here, but I was hoping that on gen discussion there'd be a higher chance to find people who had this problem.

Thanks!

CS can restore lost items, e.g. when you traded in a token for the wrong items, and it is restricted to three items per quarter by policy. Not sure if that will work for items in the mail though, or if they blame that to be the player's fault. Always make sure to retrieve your items from the mail, they are deleted after 30 days. Only mails sent by the game persist, mails from players are automatically deleted.

When you send a ticket to CS, make sure to include the keyword "SEESAW" near the top of the mail, that's how CS will know you want to get an item restored.

If it's any comfort, I've been bitten by the mail thing too a couple of times.

Though my losses were mostly crafting missions and GTN returned items and profits.

I wish they'd implement some system to automatically dump it all into your cargo hold first, and if that happens to be full... tough luck, it's gone.

General rule of thumb, never mail yourself something important and "forget" to get it from the mail. You had 30 days to pick it up after sending it, if you "lost" it by trying to pull the "extra storage via mail" scam, can't give much sympathy if they say no, again, you had 30 days to get it from whatever characters mailbox you sent it to.

Edit for those who come in and say "but unintended absence!" Again, mailboxes ARENT storage. If you send yourself something, pick it up! Unless his computer exploded 5 seconds after mailing them to whatever alt, he had time to claim them on whoever he sent them to.

Just in case it was misunderstood the first two times, mailboxes aren't "extra storage" you can and obviously will lose items after 30 days. Never has been a secret, especially when the day counters turn orange then red in your mailbox window...

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Soon as they reach 31 on my chars the game sends them back to whoever sent the mail. Gotten a few item back from old guildmates I had sent stuff to after they left the game.

I didn't receive any e-mail back, but I haven't played for more than 60 days, so perhaps the second e-mail got deleted? Anyway, support just gave me an automatic random response. Oh well I guess I needed a push to know I shouldn't come back, it's my fault anyway.

Edited by Capote

General rule of thumb, never mail yourself something important and "forget" to get it from the mail. You had 30 days to pick it up after sending it, if you "lost" it by trying to pull the "extra storage via mail" scam, can't give much sympathy if they say no, again, you had 30 days to get it from whatever characters mailbox you sent it to.

Edit for those who come in and say "but unintended absence!" Again, mailboxes ARENT storage. If you send yourself something, pick it up! Unless his computer exploded 5 seconds after mailing them to whatever alt, he had time to claim them on whoever he sent them to.

Just in case it was misunderstood the first two times, mailboxes aren't "extra storage" you can and obviously will lose items after 30 days. Never has been a secret, especially when the day counters turn orange then red in your mailbox window...

It's what I try to do these days. And always have done for really expensive/important items.

Though I won't be alting over everytime my slicer gets a mission and sends it to the character that has the right crafting skills. So be it if some get nuked again. :p

I didn't receive any e-mail back, but I haven't played for more than 60 days, so perhaps the second e-mail got deleted? Anyway, support just gave me an automatic random response. Oh well I guess I needed a push to know I shouldn't come back, it's my fault anyway.

If customer service gives you a random response that has nothing to do with you issue then you need to open another ticket. Don't let customer service push you around like that. As a paying customer you deserve better.

You are the customer and they need to make you happy or atleast try to help you figure out what happened.

If customer service gives you a random response that has nothing to do with you issue then you need to open another ticket. Don't let customer service push you around like that. As a paying customer you deserve better.

You are the customer and they need to make you happy or atleast try to help you figure out what happened.

Not sure if anyone has interest on this, but if anyone is in the same situation at least I can give some info: after 3 tickets and a few days they replied saying that they weren't going to return any items because the system was working as intended. I knew it was my fault (and said that on the ticket), which was never the point, TBH. It's more about how flexible you are willing to be to get a customer. Seems like there is no room for common sense in rules.

Anyhow, sorry about the rant and thanks for those who helped.

Edited by Capote

Not sure if anyone has interest on this, but if anyone is in the same situation at least I can give some info: after 3 tickets and a few days they replied saying that they weren't going to return any items because the system was working as intended. I knew it was my fault (and said that on the ticket), which was never the point, TBH. It's more about how flexible you are willing to be to get a customer. Seems like there is no room for common sense in rules.

Anyhow, sorry about the rant and thanks for those who helped.

Two things here:

1) Databases are not infinite storage. You are either expecting them to infinitely store data or take your word for what was lost and return it to you. Both are a little unreasonable. I will say it is to your credit to admit the mistake was yours, but you also need to recognize there are limits to what CS can reasonably do.

2) It was Obroan items. Ultimate comms are incredibly easy to come by these days and replacing what was lost would take very little time. You have recognized the error was yours and now see that CS has limits. If you enjoy the game, play anyway and you will have back what was lost in very short order.

Hope you return and enjoy the game.

Edited by RandomXChance