Mass Manipulation Generator - where do these drop?

DarthTexas

This is the new Grade 10 purple exotic crafting material. One is needed for any of the Rank 30 item modifications that are learned from reverse engineering. Where does this drop?

The only confirmed location I've heard so far is the last boss of HM S&V & HM TFB. If that is really the only way to acquire them, then that is more proof BioWare is intent on killing all crafting.

If the HM final bosses are indeed the only source, then that means you have to clear a full instance that drops level 72 gear in order to get the crafting component to craft one level 69 item modification. I really hope this isn't the case, but with how everything else is with crafting in 2.0, it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Edited by DarthTexas

Agreed. I would also like an answer on this subject. I don't think Rank 30 gear should be easy to learn and/or craft, especially considering 2.0 has been live for only a week. I don't want people buying their way to the top that soon. But I do think that if it only drops from last boss in HM Ops, that is far too sparse.

Is it 100% u can't get these with RE'ing Arkanian and Black Market gear? If anyone got some of these with RE please post. I suspect there might have been something changed with these in last patch.

100% you cannot get exotics from RE anymore.

I've got two in my inventory at the moment but I can't remember if I got them in a SM op (TfB S&V) or via the mission reward for a first run on TfB with an alt.

I will help everybody here.

I just did TFB SM, and I got the Mass Manipulation Generator x2 from the mission quest reward. (the story one)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a thread in the suggestion box pertaining to the removal of the mass manipulation generators from level 30 craftable components. Please take time to read the post for the following link:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=632678

Hopefully you will comment to the linked post. Hopefully Bioware will go for the suggestion and THANK YOU for your time.

These also drop from the seeker droid dig sites. Sometimes you'll get a purple box as the special treasure of the area and it can contain anything from basic comms to 3 mass manipulation generators so thats another way to obtain them if you have the time.

Yeah just doing a google search that pointed me here. After getting pissed off finally REing some stuff and getting a schematic only to see one of the compnents is pretty much from operations only. And cost 600-700k on the GTN. The price of the end result mod that I'd like to create and sell.

Getting tired of Bioware cuddling raiders when it comes to crafting. They're already gettign a chance at the best PvE gear in the game but do they really need to make them filthy rich too so they can add a bazillion more money sinks to the game? At the very least this component should be bought with coms on a venfor like Isotope-5. I took the chance REing stuff to learn so I feel like I should be able to make this thing without having to run operations. With 2.0 once again you'll have people that run operations having more credits than they know what to do with while everyone else has to fight for scraps.

Yeah just doing a google search that pointed me here. After getting pissed off finally REing some stuff and getting a schematic only to see one of the compnents is pretty much from operations only. And cost 600-700k on the GTN. The price of the end result mod that I'd like to create and sell.

Getting tired of Bioware cuddling raiders when it comes to crafting. They're already gettign a chance at the best PvE gear in the game but do they really need to make them filthy rich too so they can add a bazillion more money sinks to the game? At the very least this component should be bought with coms on a venfor like Isotope-5. I took the chance REing stuff to learn so I feel like I should be able to make this thing without having to run operations. With 2.0 once again you'll have people that run operations having more credits than they know what to do with while everyone else has to fight for scraps.

What do you need credits for? Hoarding? Stop crying and go run some dailies.

What do you need credits for? Hoarding? Stop crying and go run some dailies.

What do you care what others want credits for ? No one has to give any kind of reason to you or anyone else for that matter.

And wrong forum to tell people "do dailies". Probably avoiding mind numbing horribly boring dailes are one of the top reasons to craft.

Anyway, I think your post lives up to your name. Kudos for that.

Getting tired of Bioware cuddling raiders when it comes to crafting. They're already gettign a chance at the best PvE gear in the game but do they really need to make them filthy rich too so they can add a bazillion more money sinks to the game?

Your fooling yourself if you think raiders are going to get "filthy rich" crafting grade 30 stuff. Who is going to pay a million credits for a mod when Elite comms and BM gear come from flashpoints?

At one point, I was optimistic about the fact that BM was all lettered-mods and endurance-heavy enhancements. I figured if I learned the Arkanian versions, then I could craft those. And you know what? They don't sell.

The good players (the ones that want Artful 30 and Initiative 30 instead of Artful 30A and Proficient 30) are running operations and don't need to buy them. The ones that don't run ops (potential customers!) tend to not know any better and just grind Elite comms.

I'm guessing you learned some grade 27 schematics before 2.0 dropped and were able to sit on your ship, buy 4 molecs for 600k, and sell an Artful 27 for 850k. Click-click-click credits!

Lay-Z-money crafting is gone, and if you want to actually make credits, you have to work a little. Sell grade 9 mats, learn crystals, consumables, even grade 28 stuff moves pretty quickly.

I do wish MMGs were more readily available. But that less about trying to make bank, and more about gearing up alts, off-specs and raid teams.

Right now the end game crafting is just pointless. It's not really catering to anybody. You've a better chance to just pay your group 500K when a particular piece of BM drop than trying to craft it, and that gets you the whole thing, not just 1/3 of it, and then send the result to whatever alt you're trying to gear up via legacy armor.

Your fooling yourself if you think raiders are going to get "filthy rich" crafting grade 30 stuff. Who is going to pay a million credits for a mod when Elite comms and BM gear come from flashpoints?

At one point, I was optimistic about the fact that BM was all lettered-mods and endurance-heavy enhancements. I figured if I learned the Arkanian versions, then I could craft those. And you know what? They don't sell.

The good players (the ones that want Artful 30 and Initiative 30 instead of Artful 30A and Proficient 30) are running operations and don't need to buy them. The ones that don't run ops (potential customers!) tend to not know any better and just grind Elite comms.

I'm guessing you learned some grade 27 schematics before 2.0 dropped and were able to sit on your ship, buy 4 molecs for 600k, and sell an Artful 27 for 850k. Click-click-click credits!

Lay-Z-money crafting is gone, and if you want to actually make credits, you have to work a little. Sell grade 9 mats, learn crystals, consumables, even grade 28 stuff moves pretty quickly.

I do wish MMGs were more readily available. But that less about trying to make bank, and more about gearing up alts, off-specs and raid teams.

Well, no, I've never had easy credits. The only time I've made a good sum of credits was selling cartel packs. Pre-2.0 it was Molecular Stablizers(before th sharp drop towards the end) and other things that amounted to the same thing we have now, components that are only really aquired in operations. Raiders selling off stuff to make fistfulls of credits. Nothing has changed and yes people will fork over tons of credits just to get 30 mods whether its a marginal upgrade. Once again people that don't run ops are left undermarking each other over materials,aug kits, consumables..etc. The end. All we really need is some way to aquire exotics without running ops are buying off the GTN. Purchased with special currency that will require you to work for but in the end you'll be able to craft the stuff you've learned.

.... Nothing has changed and yes people will fork over tons of credits just to get 30 mods whether its a marginal upgrade. ...

Have you listed any 30 mods on the gtn?

I have.

They don't sell.

This times 50

Have you listed any 30 mods on the gtn?

I have.

They don't sell.

Probably has a lot to do with the newness and the fact people are asking 1,000,000 credits or more for each mod. There's probably not a lot of people that can drop down 30-40mil credits to outfir their char in 30. If they did have that kind of money they'd most likely be running ops anyway and getting chances for free. Once again pointing to the fact Bioware likes to cuddle raiders.

Probably has a lot to do with the newness and the fact people are asking 1,000,000 credits or more for each mod. There's probably not a lot of people that can drop down 30-40mil credits to outfir their char in 30. If they did have that kind of money they'd most likely be running ops anyway and getting chances for free. Once again pointing to the fact Bioware likes to cuddle raiders.

People are asking for 1,000,000 credits because each mod needs an MMG, which themselves are super expensive because of how rare they are (seeker droid, one time TFB quest, 16 man SM/HM TFB and S&V, 8 man HM TFB and S&V).

The only positive thing someone might say about crafting right now is that no one is "stealing" schematics, because there's none that are worth propogating through the community.

What do you care what others want credits for ? No one has to give any kind of reason to you or anyone else for that matter.

And wrong forum to tell people "do dailies". Probably avoiding mind numbing horribly boring dailes are one of the top reasons to craft.

Anyway, I think your post lives up to your name. Kudos for that.

I really don't give 2 Siths what he wants or needs credits for. I'm pointing out that it is pointless to sit on fleet all day crafting and then come to the forums and complain that the top tier materials only drop for the players running content. Grinding credits for the sake of grinding credits isn't what the game is about, and the economy will never reflect that as a result.

My tone, though harsh, is a reply in kind for his attack on the raiding community. He explicitly stated that we are pampered by the Devs and are all somehow extremely rich in credits.

The amount of credits spent in wipes alone accounts for making rare materials a reward for end-game (elder game) content. It is also not like the entire raid group group is getting multiple Mass Manipulation Generators each. They are generally used as a resource for the entire guild or raid group for gearing up, or assigned to individuals by a /roll.

Getting tired of Bioware cuddling raiders when it comes to crafting..

Did you mean coddling? Cuddling is like snuggling or spooning.

Any anyways, they are not coddling raiders. They are just making it so you can't craft / buy your way to the best gear as easily as you could prior to 2.0. I know a number of players who had BIS gear before 2.0 that had never even run a hard mode Op. I don't personally care that they were able to do so... but Bioware did.

This is all part of making people need to spend more time gearing up. Its the same reason they put limits on the amount of Comms you can get in a week. I certainly understand folks may not like it, but it is what it is.

• 2 months later...

Vendor in crafting section on fleet sells one mass manipulator generator for 350 elite commendations plus 20 exotic element equalizers

That really makes no logical sense to cost that much

For the price of 350 elite commendations you could buy at the most 3 elite gears from vendor.

Why would you pay that many comms just to craft 1?

Edited by Jonrobbie

Vendor in crafting section on fleet sells one mass manipulator generator for 350 elite commendations plus 20 exotic element equalizers

That really makes no logical sense to cost that much

For the price of 350 elite commendations you could buy at the most 3 elite gears from vendor.

Why would you pay that many comms just to craft 1?

Nevermind the basic comm gear.

1 MMG goes for around 400k - 450k. on GTN.

1 Isotope goes for a bit over 200k... 350 b.comms are 10 isotopes.

1 exotic is sold for over 30k.

Basically, if you the MMG from the vendor, is like paying 2.6 mil to get something that costs 400k-450k :rolleyes: