Possible Server Merge?

TimesChampion

So, as everyone but me apparently - until recently - has noticed: The Server population has drastically dropped. Most of the heavy PVPers have gone to Harbinger, which I don't quite Get why PVPers would go to a PVE server, but whatever...

Anyway, I've been hearing Rumors of a possible server merge, is there any truth to this? If so, what would happen? The thing is, I've got 2 guilds that I've put a lot of work and Credits into and I don't want to leave or lose them.

You should transfer them to a trash toon then come to harbinger until merger happens one day. I did the same or if you want to sell them and buy another on harbinger.

I won't lie; I had considered the possibility of doing that, but in truth, could never, nor would I ever do that. As I said, that feels like abandonment. Moreover, selling Guilds is Always a crap-shoot. You never know as a guarantee that it would sell, and if it does, no guarantee that you'll get as much as is needed.

Also, as I said previously - As a PVP centered player I could/would Never move to a PVE server as a serious playable sever

I won't lie; I had considered the possibility of doing that, but in truth, could never, nor would I ever do that. As I said, that feels like abandonment. Moreover, selling Guilds is Always a crap-shoot. You never know as a guarantee that it would sell, and if it does, no guarantee that you'll get as much as is needed.

Also, as I said previously - As a PVP centered player I could/would Never move to a PVE server as a serious playable sever

Amen to that brother Times.

:jawa_biggrin:

Server designations mean nothing as of 4.3. Every server can now function as a PvP/PvE server as players can now select what Instance type they would prefer to play when playing in worlds. You are now better off moving to the most populated server you can find.

Mergers may be on the way, but there is no guarantee you will be merged to the Server you want, and no guarantee any of the Guild stuff will follow you.

RIP Bastion

Edited by DarthOvertone

Server designations mean nothing as of 4.3. Every server can now function as a PvP/PvE server as players can now select what Instance type they would prefer to play when playing in worlds. You are now better off moving to the most populated server you can find.

Mergers may be on the way, but there is no guarantee you will be merged to the Server you want, and no guarantee any of the Guild stuff will follow you.

RIP Bastion

I'm aware of the Instance-Flipping now, yes, but at the time those were just rumors and speculation. You can never take the word of the live feed as gospel because it might be true at that point, but be scrapped before release.

It's not just about that anyway. It's about loyalty to a guild that you've built from the ground up and sank 100,000,000 Million credits into (And several 100 CC). No, I'll stick with Bastion to the last man.

most of my guild went to the harbringer. so i feel your pain. and this was way before the toggle. now that we have the toggle. it would behoove bioware to simply divide servers by RP east/west and Regular east/west. that way all servers will be populated enough to where you can get some world pvp if you want it, and get some raiding when you want it. (i've noticed that unless you're in a guild that raids. its hard as crap to find decent raids on pvp servers.)

a merge would fix this problem (plus. they just increased guild size to 1000. what better time to do this than now?)

please bioware. merge the servers. increase load capacity if you have to. hell rewrite the dang engine if you have to. but this needs to happen.

personally i love questing on pvp servers. it just makes it more interesting. but man is it hard to find an ops group.

• 1 month later...
As GM of Torch of The Republic I don't speak for just myself. We have 640 members and 260 active accounts. I would like it if they would merge the bastion with another server or two. As a leader of a large guild there is just too much to loose to hop servers. We loose our guild ship which we spent 7 long months as a guild fully unlocking. At least 200 million in conquest that is under our name. We were started and have been on the bastion for 3 years. Torch is doing just fine but the server is lagging real bad as far as overall population. If a server merge does not happen for bastion will you at least be offering guilds opportunities or chances to move as a whole? There are points, ship, decorations, and titles that 1000's of members have invested 1000's of hours in to get Torch to what it is and has now. Why would we throw that all away just to join a server that has more people? From my standpoint there is just too much work tossed out the window to jump servers. As stated Torch is doing just fine and will always be just fine. But it does get old PVPing ourselves, no star fighter pops, no ranked pops. I am genuinely worried about the Bastion server. I love my guild and I genuinely work hard and keep it something to be very proud of and so do its Officers. So what i am asking is that the Bastion be merged with another or offer guilds ability to move as a whole and keep their ship, points, decos, and titles. Thank you, ^_^ :):ph_thank_you::csw_r2d2::csw_destroyer::sy_havoc: Edited by Dash-Codespark
adding more

having servers that are low pop join each other would be helpful, not inconvenient!!! if you are on a high pop server you don't have to worry about being moved. you could also just combine the instances and war zones, to multi servers.

I think the best way to solve this issue is having cross-server queues for flashpoints, operations, and warzones. You don't have to worry about losing your guild, character name, or anything like that. It seems like the ideal solutions to me, does anyone know of a reason on why they wouldn't be able to do that? If I remember correctly, I think WoW already does this, though I haven't played it since WoTLK.

It should be done no question. Remember, you're talking about taking time and effort to something that should already be addressed. Until we actually see time & effort by the DEVs to do anything fix related before cashing their checks, it may not get fixed.

It should be done no question. Remember, you're talking about taking time and effort to something that should already be addressed. Until we actually see time & effort by the DEVs to do anything fix related before cashing their checks, it may not get fixed.

WOW did do this and it solved issues where the majority of players where complaining, names would show up such a Jake from shadowlands against say Jake from Harbringer, this I think would be the ideal fix, then there is not months of lost time. that was put in guild building, or months of lost time waiting for the devs to transfer everything.

Edited by Tybierous

So, as everyone but me apparently - until recently - has noticed: The Server population has drastically dropped. Most of the heavy PVPers have gone to Harbinger, which I don't quite Get why PVPers would go to a PVE server, but whatever...

Anyway, I've been hearing Rumors of a possible server merge, is there any truth to this? If so, what would happen? The thing is, I've got 2 guilds that I've put a lot of work and Credits into and I don't want to leave or lose them.

You dont have to transfer. Look, ive been around a minute, I was in original early access where everyone was complaining about waves. If you dont know what im talking about then you're a liar saying you were here at the beginning cause you werent. You can check this very forum to verify my time in game. I preordered the game 9 days after the press release and still didnt get in until 2nd day 2nd wave. They were still handong out founders tags 1 YEAR after the gane launch, so that doesnt mean much.

The servers merge before and will do it again without everyone having to transfer. I started on dark reaper and now am on bastion, I didnt move characters. Besides the largest guild on bastion is doing very well, juat saying. Save your money.

so i did a test i made a toon on harbinger during peak times 166 people on republic fleet then i looked at the bastion only 16 people on, swtor needs to do something about this people paying money for the game and not getting the same quality of game play as others, like having to wait 20-30 min for pvp just to play against the same faction or get in to a 8 man pvp with 4 people you need to do a cross server pvp ops etc. or merge two servers together and im loyal to my guild and i will not pay to transfer from a low server to higher pop when there is easier ways to create better game play but i will say thank you for the new pvp areas

Ever since we've had server instances, there has been no need for multiple servers of the same type in the same region. Now that each server has at least one pvp and pve instance, there is even less reason for multiple servers per region.

West coast servers should be merged together and the same should be done with the east, so players can still choose a server that gives them the best latency performance and/or peak server times to play.

Cross server queues are more of a Band-Aid since players may experience more lag than normal to play the content.

So ... why wouldn't Bioware just merge regional servers and be done with it? Because this game is still a business, not a charity and people are still paying to transfer. Servers like the Bastion were probably teetering on the breaking point before this current transfer price sale, but now, they are officially scrap heap material. Waited over an hour for a regs wz pop at 9 PM PST (queue time) and finally just logged out (no pop) to come here and see what people are saying.

• 3 weeks later...
As GM of Torch of The Republic I don't speak for just myself. We have 640 members and 260 active accounts. I would like it if they would merge the bastion with another server or two. As a leader of a large guild there is just too much to loose to hop servers. We loose our guild ship which we spent 7 long months as a guild fully unlocking. At least 200 million in conquest that is under our name. We were started and have been on the bastion for 3 years. Torch is doing just fine but the server is lagging real bad as far as overall population. If a server merge does not happen for bastion will you at least be offering guilds opportunities or chances to move as a whole? There are points, ship, decorations, and titles that 1000's of members have invested 1000's of hours in to get Torch to what it is and has now. Why would we throw that all away just to join a server that has more people? From my standpoint there is just too much work tossed out the window to jump servers. As stated Torch is doing just fine and will always be just fine. But it does get old PVPing ourselves, no star fighter pops, no ranked pops. I am genuinely worried about the Bastion server. I love my guild and I genuinely work hard and keep it something to be very proud of and so do its Officers. So what i am asking is that the Bastion be merged with another or offer guilds ability to move as a whole and keep their ship, points, decos, and titles. Thank you, ^_^ :):ph_thank_you::csw_r2d2::csw_destroyer::sy_havoc:

Mostly guilds from imp and pub side moved to Harbinger left behind their flagship unlocked and all stuff (U can save it in trash characters until merge). As GM u have to think in your guildies and the quality of the game u r offering staying in Bastion. Moving to Harbinger is giving to them the option to play a more fun game popping to Ops, Warzone, GSF. They can find their friends from ex Bastion guild now in Harbinger and play with them again. I'm sure Torch of the Republic will reach the same status in Harbinger.

I heard this rumor a long time ago (before 4.0) when the population was dropping drastically.

Still, after a couple months of break, I'm coming back, because I really enjoy this game (and I don't care for the people that says that this game is dead). However, It will be cool if they merge some servers for more people. :rolleyes:

As GM of Torch of The Republic I don't speak for just myself. We have 640 members and 260 active accounts. I would like it if they would merge the bastion with another server or two. As a leader of a large guild there is just too much to loose to hop servers. We loose our guild ship which we spent 7 long months as a guild fully unlocking. At least 200 million in conquest that is under our name. We were started and have been on the bastion for 3 years. Torch is doing just fine but the server is lagging real bad as far as overall population. If a server merge does not happen for bastion will you at least be offering guilds opportunities or chances to move as a whole? There are points, ship, decorations, and titles that 1000's of members have invested 1000's of hours in to get Torch to what it is and has now. Why would we throw that all away just to join a server that has more people? From my standpoint there is just too much work tossed out the window to jump servers. As stated Torch is doing just fine and will always be just fine. But it does get old PVPing ourselves, no star fighter pops, no ranked pops. I am genuinely worried about the Bastion server. I love my guild and I genuinely work hard and keep it something to be very proud of and so do its Officers. So what i am asking is that the Bastion be merged with another or offer guilds ability to move as a whole and keep their ship, points, decos, and titles. Thank you, ^_^ :):ph_thank_you::csw_r2d2::csw_destroyer::sy_havoc:

Big deal, ive been GM of three maxed out guilds, before flagships, before the first merger. That was way before you were even a guild. You just have alot of people, but the quality is garbage and you know it. Ill challenge your best player vs me, ill show you what real skill is. Make sure your whole guild is there to see it too.

• 1 month later...
Big deal, ive been GM of three maxed out guilds, before flagships, before the first merger. That was way before you were even a guild. You just have alot of people, but the quality is garbage and you know it. Ill challenge your best player vs me, ill show you what real skill is. Make sure your whole guild is there to see it too.

You win at a video game! Good job tool...:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

I agree it is dead I was logging in to close my account but may give it a few days to see if we get a response ...but doubtful.

• 1 month later...
I see no point in paying for a game that never has enough people on server to do anything. why not just merge all the servers. it has been a year of doing nothing. and you are trying to release more. really we don't need more. we need people.