Make settings/bindings universal

Discotech

Don't know why it's not already possible but at least give us the option to import character "profiles" when we make a new character as it gets really annoying having to go through numerous bindings and settings to get what you already have and are used to on another character.

Or if there is a way to import settings then let us know as thanks to a wonderful non searchable forum it kind of makes it difficult to find the answer

Yeah, the "profile" suggestion is the better option. I don't think making the key lay global for each character is the right path to take, my son play characters on my account and I am glad he doesn't change my layout when he plays. But it would be nice to have the ability to copy in the setting form on char to another.

I just wrote mine down on paper. I'm sure there are bigger things to deal with but I don't see anything wrong with adding this to the list. :) Character templates would be cool.

Well you have to think as well, this is a game where they expect you to be making alts, so to not have this feature already is a little bit silly.

I'm sure there's some way to do, I know in some games it's a case of going into the game "character profile" files and doing a copy/paste (EvE Online) but I'm not sure even that is possible with this game :(

I just wrote mine down on paper. I'm sure there are bigger things to deal with but I don't see anything wrong with adding this to the list. :) Character templates would be cool.

I know all my keybinds by heart because they are from previous games and I'm used to them but with that said, having to rebind about 35keys each time i roll a character gets annoying.

A toggle would be nice like rift or wow definetly dont make it universal.

I know all my keybinds by heart because they are from previous games and I'm used to them but with that said, having to rebind about 35keys each time i roll a character gets annoying.

A toggle would be nice like rift or wow definetly dont make it universal.

That is a lot of keys my friend. For some reason, I haven't altered near as many bindings in this game as I do in others (and I have a freakin' G15). My other MMO transfers over bindings but not the layout for new characters *and* it's saved in game (rather than in a local file) which makes it nice for transferring to another computer.

Well unfortunately after digging it seems that keybindings are serverside :(

There is a settings folder where you can only copy these settings between characters

[settings]

ChatColors = b3ecff;ff7397;ff8022;a59ff3;eeee00;eeee00;B3ECFF;B3ECFF;B3ECFF;cc87f3;82ec89;FF00FF;EFBC55;317A3C;eeee00;FF0000;eeee00;ff7f7f;EEEE00;EEEE00;EEEE00;eeee00;eeee00;eeee00;eeee00;eeee00;eeee00;eeee00;eeee00;FF5400;eeee00;eeee00;eeee00;A00000;C92E56;BB4FD2;1FAB29;

ChatChannels = 1.General.78380187599;2.Other.120797795336;

ChatPanel1 = 11;24;525;205;11

GUI_ChatFontSizePanel1 = 12

GUI_ChatFontSizePanel2 = 12

GUI_SocialCenterVisible = true

GUI_ShowAlignment = true

GUI_QuickslotLockState = true

GUI_CompanionQuickbarExtended = false

GUI_MiniMapZoom = 1.4430000782

Show_Chat_TimeStamp = true

GUI_SocialCenterPositionX = 0.0

GUI_SocialCenterPositionY = 0.0

Which is pretty useless to be honest

Although if key binds are server side it could mean that it makes the process easier for BW to apply some code which allows for keybinds to transfered between characters

Or they could make bindings client side in which case we could copy/paste ourselves

Still at the moment it's incredibly frustrating going through 30+ bindings and has put me off playing alts as that's something I don't want to be doing

• 5 weeks later...

You guys just want this game to play itself and be dumbeddowninstantgratificationwowkiddieninjaeasymodeCOMMUNITY!!1!

Sorry, I thought I would pipe in with that.

I just know it's coming.

But yeah, copying pretty much everything from the Rift UI would be awesome.

Well unfortunately after digging it seems that keybindings are serverside :(

[snip]

Or they could make bindings client side in which case we could copy/paste ourselves

Still at the moment it's incredibly frustrating going through 30+ bindings and has put me off playing alts as that's something I don't want to be doing

Please, no to moving keybindings client-side. A lot of us play on multiple computers (I use three myself) and having them work the same way across systems is a good thing. Without it, my characters would be unplayable if I fired up the game on my laptop.

It also doesn't make it impossible to move binding between characters; it just makes it a little harder to do. But throwing away what's good about server-side bindings would be very short-sighted.

Incidentally, just as a little bit of trivia, the biggest MMO out there has this same issue, I believe. As far as I know, the only way around it there is to use an add-on.

Edited by Pink_Saber