Having Synthweaving RE Issues Since Patch

DarthBama

Day 2 of this. I'm now up to over 300 items (based on my Augment material count). This HAS to be bugged. I RE a lot (particularily on my Cybertech and Artifice), and you can get a good feel for what a 20% chance looks like. Synthweaving hasn't even been in the same ballpark. It feels a lot more like 10% rather than the tool tip 20%. I really would like to see the rolls like was mentioned in another thread, at least then we would know the chances are working as intended.

It's not a fixed 20% per player, it's 20% overall. Seeing stats for yourself wouldn't help because for every time you have a streak that "shows" a 10% chance, someone else has a streak that "shows" a 30% chance.

Purely luck-based systems are bad from a user perspective but that doesn't mean they're broken.

It's not a fixed 20% per player, it's 20% overall. Seeing stats for yourself wouldn't help because for every time you have a streak that "shows" a 10% chance, someone else has a streak that "shows" a 30% chance.

Purely luck-based systems are bad from a user perspective but that doesn't mean they're broken.

^^^^ This.

Basically imagine that every time you RE something, it's rolling a random number 1-5. You have to get a '1' for it to RE.

The probability of RE'ing 20 things and not learning a schematic is pretty small, but it doesn't change the fact that probability each time you RE of being 1-in-5 chance.

I fully understand the concept of statistics. One of the biggest problems I have with he system is it is nearly impossible to know for sure if Bioware screwed something up. That is why I would like to see the rolls. If you roll a 20 and you don't get a schematic, then obviously something is broken. On my Cybertech I can go from green to blue with the production from 3 companions every time. I was consistently having to produce 3 runs on 4 companions to get one blue recipe. This happened on 6 different pieces of clothing. If their programming is correct, the probability of this happening should be unbelievably low. I really believe it is set to 10% for greens, the blues to purple felt about right.

None of us have actual meaningful data to contest (or not ) that 20% tooltip, but luck (bad and good) happens. Just happened to me these last couple of days with an earpiece, trying to get the Expert prefix. I crafted 10 blues and I got 3 purples recipes (at 10% chance), not the one I wanted. Another 10 blues, 1 more purple but not Expert. Forty more tries and still haven't gotten it. Now I need to farm more green mats to keep trying.

It would be nice to have a crafting log, just like there is a combat log, with all the results from REs and missions, etc. That way we could a better view of what is really happening. Obviously one tends to remember the extreme cases of annoyance