Clues for a clueless slinger

KingKalbo

I rolled a new toon this week. In the past two days of pew pew, I killed 1200 people....as saboteur.

Now, I know this was lowbie and everything, but I am now 48 and am not having too much trouble unless more than tow people try to come to me and attack me.

gunlsinger defence relies around good control and good burst. Stun one tarket, kite and kill the other, then kill the second one, usualy works. I notice that the only times I really end up being kiled is when my Hunker Down is not avialbe.

Playing a Gunslinger just isn't fun. Your only way of defense is to kite everyone = run away as soon as you notice the slightest movement towards you ...

You should use the PvP stims as well, as they are *very* useful ! Get yourself protective Relics as well (as long as they work in PvP), and my current experiment is to give my Gunslinger tank gear. It will be a dangerous gamble, but I'm just interested in how far I can go without giving up too much damage numbers.

I rolled a new toon this week. In the past two days of pew pew, I killed 1200 people....as saboteur.

Now, I know this was lowbie and everything, but I am now 48 and am not having too much trouble unless more than tow people try to come to me and attack me.

gunlsinger defence relies around good control and good burst. Stun one tarket, kite and kill the other, then kill the second one, usualy works. I notice that the only times I really end up being kiled is when my Hunker Down is not avialbe.

I have messed on my slingers since 4.0 came out. My experiences are:

Sharpshooter - Nice burst hits hard. When focused by sins and marauders dies fast. They seem to be good at avoiding my defenses. Does the most overall damage though, but also requires more team support to really do well.

Dirty Fighting - Was my favorite spec prior to 4.0, now seems a little weaker. Has same issues that Sharpshooter has, only less burst and seems to not do as much damage as before 4.0.

Saboteur - Prior to 4.0, was my least favorite spec, post 4.0, this spec is really fun. I can do as much damage as my DF spec, only I have tons more utility with the 70% slow. This alone gives great survivability and is very useful in 8v8 warzones. Does less damage than my SS atm, but I am new to playing this build... Has less burst than SS for sure, but seems to melt people just as well as my DF spec which surprises me.

Overall, I find Saboteur most fun because it's the most self-reliant build now. It survives best and causes the most disruption for the other team, even if the damage isn't quite as bursty and hurtful as SS. Even without heals, I can still find some fun on the Sabotteur spec, whereas on the SS I get shut down easiest if i am on a bad team or a team lacking heals. With this spec, melee can't avoid being slowed and this is a huge deal for gunslinger survivability.

I find DF the worst, as it has weak burst, weak utility, just a gutted spec IMO if you compare it to how it was prior to 4.0. I don't have any technical explanations behind it, it just seems the dots are much weaker now.

I have messed on my slingers since 4.0 came out. My experiences are:

Sharpshooter - Nice burst hits hard. When focused by sins and marauders dies fast. They seem to be good at avoiding my defenses. Does the most overall damage though, but also requires more team support to really do well.

Dirty Fighting - Was my favorite spec prior to 4.0, now seems a little weaker. Has same issues that Sharpshooter has, only less burst and seems to not do as much damage as before 4.0.

Saboteur - Prior to 4.0, was my least favorite spec, post 4.0, this spec is really fun. I can do as much damage as my DF spec, only I have tons more utility with the 70% slow. This alone gives great survivability and is very useful in 8v8 warzones. Does less damage than my SS atm, but I am new to playing this build... Has less burst than SS for sure, but seems to melt people just as well as my DF spec which surprises me.

Overall, I find Saboteur most fun because it's the most self-reliant build now. It survives best and causes the most disruption for the other team, even if the damage isn't quite as bursty and hurtful as SS. Even without heals, I can still find some fun on the Sabotteur spec, whereas on the SS I get shut down easiest if i am on a bad team or a team lacking heals. With this spec, melee can't avoid being slowed and this is a huge deal for gunslinger survivability.

I find DF the worst, as it has weak burst, weak utility, just a gutted spec IMO if you compare it to how it was prior to 4.0. I don't have any technical explanations behind it, it just seems the dots are much weaker now.

I'm still gearing both my slinger and sniper but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Sabo stacked with alacrity will have me putting out far more damage than marksmen with layering my aoe's correctly. That's in regs and I avoid ranked so could not give an opinion there.

The game meta has some good play/counterplay for many classes; but even with the resets back slings/snipes still feel lacking. That is just my opinion so far since I've come back. It's like I have 20 dcd's but not one of them besides Hunker/Entrench is worth anything( and i'm starting to pre-reset and never let hunker down drop as once stunned you can literally be two shotted).

It's funny but has been the case for awhile that light armored sorcs have far more durability and over-all damage than the pure damage class due to that survivability; and that's even with their damage being lowered this patch.

I'm beginning to dread it but eventually I'm gonna bring my mando up to 65 and i got a feeling things are going to be even worse there.

I'm still gearing both my slinger and sniper but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Sabo stacked with alacrity will have me putting out far more damage than marksmen with layering my aoe's correctly. That's in regs and I avoid ranked so could not give an opinion there.

The game meta has some good play/counterplay for many classes; but even with the resets back slings/snipes still feel lacking. That is just my opinion so far since I've come back. It's like I have 20 dcd's but not one of them besides Hunker/Entrench is worth anything( and i'm starting to pre-reset and never let hunker down drop as once stunned you can literally be two shotted).

It's funny but has been the case for awhile that light armored sorcs have far more durability and over-all damage than the pure damage class due to that survivability; and that's even with their damage being lowered this patch.

I'm beginning to dread it but eventually I'm gonna bring my mando up to 65 and i got a feeling things are going to be even worse there.

From what I seen, commandos/merc dps are fairly decent they got some pretty impressive burst and sustained in PVP, just from my experience so far. They seem to have decent mobility and melt my sniper fast, running in and out of LOS.

Which is pretty much the case when fighting anyone on the sniper, lol.

Sages/sorcs truly are ridiculous they have the best mobility, they have the best offheals/selfheals, and they have the best dots. A sorc just dots my sniper up, and runs out of LOS while my sniper withers and dies.

I logged in my sage dps just to see how it is, and it's honestly the most easy dps class to play, hands down. I don't care what anyone says, it's not hard to "master" a class that has so many strengths. It's so easy I grow bored of the damage abilities and their simpleton rotation, coupled with the fact I can kite away so fast I rarely even get touched by anyone that could hurt me.

From what I seen, mercs can kind of do this too, they can kite away and do massive damage on the move but they do not have quite the self-preservation abilities a sorc has.

Anyway I think you will be surprised by your merc I think the class is decent atm, especially in regs.

I wrote this mostly out of frustration regarding snipers, because the other dps classes do have it easier than the sniper.

I don't care if the sniper can push out a 23k shot, it requires a small setup and a target that stands in their LOS which isn't always available.

The defensives can be strong but they have to be used smartly on a sniper and if misused the sniper will get demolished by other good dps.

The only people who would honestly complain about a sniper or gunslingers in PVP are noobs or bads. Period.

There are way too many other easier to play dps classes that do what the sniper does and are much harder to counter that should be complained about first.

I disagree. Sage may be easy to play, but that assumes weak opposition. A good Sin/Op can easily shut you down, especially before you get Bubble.

Moreover, I have killed numerous sorc/sages on my aforementioned slinger. Which is just BAAAAAAAD form on their part. You DO need to master a Sage, and it does take quite some time.

As for Sharpshooter having greatest burst....welll...have a look here (imgur).

22.7k hit in Saboteur.

Now, of course you can also see that I died 7 times in that game, and this is pretty normal (though I did get a few "unbeatables"), but hey, for how easy (at least for me) it is to lay slinger, I deserve to be a little squishy.

Personally, I would play slinger more often, more competitively if we had better mobility or more defences against Force/Tech damage, or if our Evasion could purge DOTs once again, but Slinger seems to be a turret class most of the time, you just need to know how to move that turret around.

I disagree. Sage may be easy to play, but that assumes weak opposition. A good Sin/Op can easily shut you down, especially before you get Bubble.

Moreover, I have killed numerous sorc/sages on my aforementioned slinger. Which is just BAAAAAAAD form on their part. You DO need to master a Sage, and it does take quite some time.

22.7k hit in Saboteur.

Now, of course you can also see that I died 7 times in that game, and this is pretty normal (though I did get a few "unbeatables"), but hey, for how easy (at least for me) it is to lay slinger, I deserve to be a little squishy.

Personally, I would play slinger more often, more competitively if we had better mobility or more defences against Force/Tech damage, or if our Evasion could purge DOTs once again, but Slinger seems to be a turret class most of the time, you just need to know how to move that turret around.

Please don't take this the wrong way, the fact you're playing sabo instead of SS is a good thing in my eyes :) with that said however...you cannot base how well you are doing against other classes based on your experiences in lowbie.

22.7k hit in Saboteur.

I find it really difficult to believe you are being honest in your belief that a sorc is harder to master than a sniper. For real bruv? I am speaking of max level (65) of course, not lowbies or mids...

And, you honestly believe a sorc is easier to shut down than a sniper? Hmm.

Wait a minute, YOU ALMOST GOT ME MAN! LOL.

10/10 troll post you win rofl.