Add 5 more meters to the range of sniper/gun slinger

ihiTimdogg

As a sniper I don't feel very sniperish. We have an extra 5m on every other range class. If sitting max range. Against another non-sniper range, they can either walk the other way and they are now out of range or walk, at most 5m, and now we are in range to attack us.

This also puts us away further from the main group. Making us and easier target for shadow/sins/op/scoun, as well as heals.

Either that or cut down our cast times. So we can use those 5m better.

i WOULD love this :) At the moment im not having to much of a hard time keeping my distance in warfronts cause of the amount of stuff i can kite around.

But i do agree i don't feel like a sniper my range is pants and I dont really "conceal" myself from the enemy much.

Personally, I would love a range boost, but honestly.. I don't think this will help balance things out. But.. as a default, the SNIPER should have the longest range in the game, even if it's just a 'temp' click power. Call it: "Down Wind" or something. Clicking extends next 'snipe/ambush' shot range by 5 meters. Give it a 1 minute cool down.

Personally, I would love a range boost, but honestly.. I don't think this will help balance things out. But.. as a default, the SNIPER should have the longest range in the game, even if it's just a 'temp' click power. Call it: "Down Wind" or something. Clicking extends next 'snipe/ambush' shot range by 5 meters. Give it a 1 minute cool down.

I like that idea.

No way do we need more range, we have the most utility out of any class.

What? a 1 cc breaker, 1 cc immunity that requires you to stay still, a dodge skill that only dodges lasers and auto atks, a snare, an interrupt ,a pushback that relies heavily on the bugged cover, a stun, and a breakable stun?

Oh! wait, last I check some other classes had same utilities and better survivability combine with heals and mobility.

Edited by maximusedward

sniper/Gunslinger is in no need for a buff... the class is absolutely destructive as is. how about giving scoundrel/op 15m range back since we're getting our burst torn to shreds.

QQ your ONE ability is being nerfed. If that broke the class for you reroll to something else.

Edited by ihiTimdogg

What? a 1 cc breaker, 1 cc immunity that requires you to stay still, a dodge skill that only dodges lasers and auto atks, a snare, an interrupt ,a pushback that relies heavily on the bugged cover, a stun, and a breakable stun?

Oh! wait, last I check some other classes had same utilities and better survivability combine with heals and mobility.

Pulse detonator is a pushback and a root - 30 s CD

Leg shot is a root - 15 s CD

Dirty Kick is a stun - 45 s CD

Flash Grenade blinds up to 5 people within 5 meters for 8 seconds - 1 m CD

Aim shot can be speced to pushback within 10 meters

Hunker Down makes you immune to cc for 20 s - 45 s CD

Diversion reduces accuracy for 45% for 9 seconds - 1 m CD

Defense Screen absorbs incoming damage - 45 s CD

Dodge increases dodge rating to 100% for 3 seconds - 1m CD

You might want to click the abilities page and put these on your action bar and read them. I hear that makes you a better player.

sniper/Gunslinger is in no need for a buff... the class is absolutely destructive as is. how about giving scoundrel/op 15m range back since we're getting our burst torn to shreds.

This.pray you don't get nerfed a buff is certainly out of the question.

No way do we need more range, we have the most utility out of any class.

Irony- saying a class with zero utility has the most utility.

You don't play a sniper.

Due to being immobile and how easy it is to break LoS, I'd put snipers down as the worst class in game right now- though, I haven't tried shadow/assassin yet and I've heard they're not that great either.

Edited by fungihoujo

This has nothing to do with the price of butter, but think it would be neat if snipers had an ability called "camouflage" or something that would let them become invisible once they were in cover. It would break on movement or once they started shooting, kind of like Shadowmeld from WoW, but it would require cover.

Pulse detonator is a pushback and a root - 30 s CD

Leg shot is a root - 15 s CD

Dirty Kick is a stun - 45 s CD

Flash Grenade blinds up to 5 people within 5 meters for 8 seconds - 1 m CD

Hunker Down makes you immune to cc for 20 s - 45 s CD

Defense Screen absorbs incoming damage - 45 s CD

Dodge increases dodge rating to 100% for 3 seconds - 1m CD

You might want to click the abilities page and put these on your action bar and read them. I hear that makes you a better player.

Youre missing one but I dont see where youre going with this when I just listed them without their names.

But here we go again /facepalm

Leg shot is a root - 15 s CD -after 2 secs this thing breaks on dmg if youre using this as an escape tool it will only work best on ops/scoundrel anything else theres no point of running away since they will easily close the gap.

Dirty Kick is a stun - 45 s CD -4sec stun no problems right? Well, you see there's this thing call risk vs reward in order for me to use this awesome stun I need to be within melee range which mean if I was swimming into the ocean and there was a shark that I was trying to kill with my harpoon I will have to swim toward the shark's mouth and puch it in the nose to make it stand still. You might be thinking welp maybee it was meant has an escape tool?

My other friend over there the sorcs can easily spam a 4 sec stun from 0 to 30 range despite the fact that we're both RDP's

Flash Grenade blinds up to 5 people within 5 meters for 8 seconds - 1 m CD every class has this another, escape tool

Hunker Down makes you immune to cc for 20 s - 45 s CD - for 20 sec not to mention you have to stay still for 20 sec, so if you're planning on taking out a healer all he has to do is move away from your los hide heal and wait, well prettty much any class. I'm pretty sure some of the other class have a Mobile CC imunity.

Defense Screen absorbs incoming damage - 45 s CD -Not as great as it sounds when it only absorbs 1 hit most of the time.

Dodge increases dodge rating to 100% for 3 seconds - 1m CD -Again, overhyped, skills like lighning/force/missiles will all make it through.

we pretty much have the same ammount of cc as everyone else with less survivability.