PVP Problems IMO

jonlol

TORtanic needs changing fast, as at the moment the game is not enjoyable and mistakes have been made by the developers that are ridiculous. Now you can say that no MMO is good to start with but the problem is WoW has done it all already and made the mistakes for SWTOR. Yet SWTOR have made the exact same mistakes again. Amazing.

PVP

The way you get gear is beyond ridiculous, illogical and I have no idea how the developers sat in a room together and thought ‘yea… this is definitely the way to go!’.

- Centurion gear – a waste of time. Why is it in the game?! However the only thing right about this set is that you can choose which bit you want to buy… so simple, yet with champion gear, the superior set, you cannot.

• Example: In the first week of being level 50 I have acquired 3 champions tokens for the headpiece. What a waste of time and effort.
  • Solution: Combine Centurion gear and Champion gear – Commendations are used to buy gear – if you want to keep the random chance to get gear in the epic form of a token(!!!) – then make the token usable for any item, or make it so you need: 1 token for Wrists, belt etc… 2 tokens for Main set pieces and 3 tokens for a Weapon

Secondly, why are we pvping? There is no competitive element. We are pvping purely for gear… so we can… farm more gear? Arenas NEED to be added to SWTOR, if people don’t like them, don’t play them, but a lot of people do like them and see them as essential aspect of competitive play. Other competitive elements need to be added as well. To start with the ability to sign as a group larger than four people. If this requires queueing for longer and waiting for another 8 man team, so be it.

Hut ball is an amazing, original idea, yet people cannot play competitively or even have fun playing as you can only sign with 4 people max, and have to rely on four people that, quite frankly, can be beyond awful. Making the whole experience no fun at all. However, something that seems ridiculous is that pushes, pulls, knock backs have all been added for the sake of hut ball?? These all make the game more interesting but it seems there is little more use for them. Obviously the moves cannot be changed but it would be nice if they had more use elsewhere.

Diminishing returns… The resolve bar… another amazing idea. If only it worked. Players are not allowed to demonstrate skill at the moment. Who knows when your stun is going to work, or when you’re eventually going to be immune to stuns. Horrendously frustrating.

What You Guys Think ?

Well I pvp because its more of a challenge to be successfull than killing mindless NPC mobs. I like trying to figure out how to beat certain class types and better yet, developing grudges with certain players.

I agree with your point about centurion gear - I dont understand that concept either, seems very poorly thought out.

I disagree with groups. Premades kill pvp for casual players. However, I would love to see a premade hutball option, where only premade teams play against each other.

Edited by origional

And all the warzones need to completely lose the idea of awarding medals. Those absolutely ruin most of the fights because general population just goes farming them and totally disregard the point of the match (winning).

Besides the above we need a warzone that has only the purpose of slaying the opponent (or heal allies).

I think the medals help people focus on tasks. If i want to get the medals for protecting people, I have to protect them. If i want them for defending objectives I have to defend them.

A straight 'kill em all' fight warzone is a good idea. I'd like to see one that included NPC fighting (each other not players) as resources that become less as players die. Just so it would fill like a large scale battle witah shed load of blaster fire everywhere. However, i dont know if tehgame can handle it given the fps issues.

I think warzones should be removed entirely and there should be a planet with two bolster style buffs where people fight.

The bolster we have now, and a bolster that buffs one faction based on population imbalance within that planet.

Warzones, arenas, and any other instanced form of PvP should be removed entirely and never considered again - they ruin world PvP.