Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

My statement is this..... If Bioware ever made it a requirement to kill every boss in a HM FP..... this is one tank that would never queue again. So just be careful what you wish for dps. You just might get it. DPS already have to wait long times for a queue to pop, and I for one, as a tank, have no desire whatsoever spending an hour or more in a FP when it can be done in 15-25 min:rak_03:

I do not think threatening like this will work. If a game system is flawed, like the HMs are now they gain more by correcting them and build more entertaining ones for the future.

The main part of this thread is not about 30+ minutes extra trashkilling, it is about those single bosses that drop useful loot that gets ignored and starts drama when someone needs to kill them. All in all it is nothing more then a few extra minutes, not an hour that you write.

The outmost goal for a company is to make money, and to make money players has to have fun while playing.

These current HMs that more or less equals empty rooms with a boss in the end will not keep this game up in the future.

Bioware has to know that, if not they will by listening to the players.

Edited by Icestar

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not think threatening like this will work. If a game system is flawed, like the HMs are now they gain more by correcting them and build more entertaining ones for the future.

The main part of this thread is not about 30+ minutes extra trashkilling, it is about those single bosses that drop useful loot that gets ignored and starts drama when someone needs to kill them. All in all it is nothing more then a few extra minutes, not an hour that you write.

The outmost goal for a company is to make money, and to make money players has to have fun while playing.

These current HMs that more or less equals empty rooms with a boss in the end will not keep this game up in the future.

Bioware has to know that, if not they will by listening to the players.

I have never once seen drama caused when someone ASKs nicely to kill a boss. I for one as a healer will usually help them unless the rest of the group says they do not have time. The point is, If I want the option to skip the bosses as well I do not want the selfish whinners to win that want to make it impossible for me to do so. 90% of the time I que for a HM FP is with guildies that are fully geared out in 63's we do it so we can get BH coms to buy items to RE and sell. Its simple economics if something takes to long to get then it is not worth the effore vs effective time cost .

Now that we have the Cartel Market, there is a very simple solution to this problem.

Bioware could add an item to the store. Let's call it the ECSTD (Elite Content Skipping Teleportation Device). It would have the following text:

Allows the use of the "ECSTD Owner Option" in the Group Finder.

This is 1/4 of the ECSTD. Use the device when in a Flashpoint. 3 other ECSTD owners will need to assist in the construction of the full ECSTD. Once constructed, the ECSTD will teleport all the owners to the last spawn point in the Flashpoint.

Warning: Using the "ECSTD Owner Option" in the Group Finder will queue you up only with other ECSTD owners. This may affect your use of the Group Finder negatively.

It would be purchasable for real money as an account unlock and using ingame commendations for a character unlock. It would cost an exhorbitant amount. For an Account unlock we are looking at about 75$. For a character unlock we are looking at about 600 Daily Commendations/400 Columi Commendations/200 Black Hole Commendations (the "/" indicates an "or"). This cost shouldn't be a problem for all the elites (note the italics, they denote that the name "elites" is being used as a generic term for those who wish to skip content) in this thread who just want to complete the FP so they can get their daily done. They will definitely either have: a) commendations coming out of the yazoo so unlocking this on a character will be a non-issue; b) the money to unlock this account wide because after all time is money and they need their dailies done in 5 minutes or less.

There we go. Everyone will be happy. The elites get to skip to the end of the Flashpoint by queuing up with other ECSTD owners. The rest of us get to do the whole Flashpoints the way they were *designed and meant* to be played and if anyone asks to skip we can tell them to go acquire an ECSTD and group with like minded players.

(I wonder how something like this would play out. How long would ECSTD players have to wait for a group in Group Finder? Longer or less? It would be a real measure of just how many *want* to skip and how many are just *forced* to do so.)

Or how about I will get to skip if I want to whether I buy the **** or not? Not that it's worthy of being taken seriously anyway.

I will say this again, I have done perhaps hundreds of HM FP runs, never have I witnessed someone requesting to kill all the bosses. Never. However if someone did, most of the time I'd have np at all with it and help him out

How about if you are so vehemently set on skipping, you join a guild of like minded people (a suggestion such people seem to think will solve the problem in reverse) AND if you want to not skip the content, you ALSO join a guild and only run it with like minded people.

Then none of us will ever have to cross paths and deal with those 'selfish' people who expect to do content one way or another.

(By the way, the 'unwashed masses' thing made me lol so hard, because I consider anyone who's super geared up and runs HM FPs so often that they hate the game for them to be the true unwashed masses. I'm sure those who play casually have far more time to bathe than you, super 1337 gamer boy.)

I have never once seen drama caused when someone ASKs nicely to kill a boss..

Those kind of dramas usually begins with the tank saying something like "quick run only or I am outtahere", then I ask politely if we can kill a extra boss. Guess what happens, yeah right....the tank leaves and so do the rest of the group since it takes ages to get a new tank.

There you have one of my fundamental statements regarding gamebreaking behaviour

Edited by Icestar

Those kind of dramas usually begins with the tank saying something like "quick run only or I am outtahere", then I ask politely if we can kill a extra boss. Guess what happens, yeah right....the tank leaves and so do the rest of the group since it takes ages to get a new tank.

There you have one of my fundamental statements regarding gamebreaking behaviour

Not everyone may have the time to spend in killing that extra boss, and in my opinion he's at least nice enough to leave instead of forcing his own gameplay choices, like some of you guys are doing in this thread, on other people. A very good solution to such issues would be to roll tank classes. Especially Vanguard / Powertech is an easy to learn tank class that is very well.

We just can't expect to force people to play the way we want them to, this isn't some totalitarian fascism.

Well he clearly stated that he wanted a quick run. He has every right to play the game the way he wants to. It is his 15 dollars a month. You have every right to wait in Que for the next tank to pop and hope he doesnt mind doing everything. I can tell you that people like him will not run the FP if they make you have to kill every boss. I probably would not run it either and people would be out not only a tank but healer aswell.

I only do them cause they are an easy 5 BH coms. If my 30 minuete FP's turned to 45 or longer I wont do them. Not unless the reward was incresed. They would not be worth the time/reward for me. My time is to valuable.

How about if you are so vehemently set on skipping, you join a guild of like minded people (a suggestion such people seem to think will solve the problem in reverse) AND if you want to not skip the content, you ALSO join a guild and only run it with like minded people.

Then none of us will ever have to cross paths and deal with those 'selfish' people who expect to do content one way or another.

(By the way, the 'unwashed masses' thing made me lol so hard, because I consider anyone who's super geared up and runs HM FPs so often that they hate the game for them to be the true unwashed masses. I'm sure those who play casually have far more time to bathe than you, super 1337 gamer boy.)

Most people arent so "vehemently set on skipping" most of us just do not want it changed so we have to do every single boss. I have stated a couple times if someone asks when I am pugging to do the bosses I usually have no objection. I just do not want to Have to Do them every time when I run with my guild. And yes they are all like minded.

Well he clearly stated that he wanted a quick run. He has every right to play the game the way he wants to.

Yes he can play the way he wants to play, it is not his fault the game is designed to avoid bosses.

If it was designed like any other MMO where bosses are a natural part of a instance I am sure he would have thought differently and accepted to kill all bosses on the way.

What I am talking about here is is the gamebreaking mentality to avoid bosses eventhough some has need to kill them or wants to practice killing them for future harder content but cant because there is a common mentality that prevents that.

If they changed the future FPs to the normal standard of MMOs where bosses play a vital role in the experience of the flashpoint things would be different. For now the bosses are only puppeteers waiting to be ignored.

Edited by Icestar

Yes he can play the way he wants to play, it is not his fault the game is designed to avoid bosses.

If it was designed like any other MMO where bosses are a natural part of a instance I am sure he would have thought otherwise and accepted to kill all bosses on the way.

What I am talking about here is is the gamebreaking mentality to avoid bosses eventhough some has need to kill them or wants to practice killing them for future harder content but cant because there is a common mentality that prevents that.

If they changed the future FPs to the normal standard of MMOs where bosses play a vital role in the experience of the flashpoint things would have been different. For now they are only puppeteers waiting to be ignored.

These arent ops they are small heroics. You do relise that people can run SM Ops in the new recruit gear and the free set of Tionesse you get when you ding 50 ? As a matter of fact my guild ran HM EC with a tionesse geared operative healer up to Kephess. Granted im over geared for the fight but still.

You dont need HM FP's to gear up any more. Just jump into SM EV and learn how to do the fights and progress that way.

You dont need HM FP's to gear up any more. Just jump into SM EV and learn how to do the fights and progress that way.

So, lets all jump into Tionese and hit the operations and Lost Island Hardmode.

I am sure that would be popular. A entire section of fantastic fun flashpoints down the drain.

No, there is much better solutions then that

Edited by Icestar

So, lets all jump into Tionese and hit the operations and Lost Island Hardmode.

I am sure that would be popular. A entire section of fantastic fun flashpoints down the drain.

No, there is much better solutions then that

SM EV is geared for people in Tioense. Thats why it drops Coluni gear. Thats what people were doing when the ops went live that and with the lvl 50 daily mods. First time I ran thru it on my healer I hadnt done a Single HM FP and that is when the game first went live. With a pick up group at that.

Not to mention alot more gear drops in the ops then the FP's !!!!

Let me understand you correctly?

You actually say that a new player should equip Tionese, ignore to do any heroic flashpoints and go straight to operations?

I can´t even begin to comprehend how much complications that would bring, especially both lack of experience and lack of gear.

It might work if a guild carries you through or a pickupgroup has a good day and actually copes with you but in general that would end in disaster.

I do not believe that is a good way to start out endgame playing for anyone.

Now, please back to the topic regarding hardmode flashpoints

Edited by Icestar

If you can skip bosses you should, if you know you need something from that boss then say that to your group if they are skipping it and they will naturally kill it, if not, just pull and they have to kill it :D

That's it!

I don't understanding all the whining and crying over this. Just do as above and case closed.

If you can skip bosses you should, if you know you need something from that boss then say that to your group if they are skipping it and they will naturally kill it, if not, just pull and they have to kill it :D

That's it!

I don't understanding all the whining and crying over this. Just do as above and case closed.

You should try this in Battle of Ilum sometime and then come back here and tell us how it worked out for you.

No it's not wrong. If you want to see the story, do all bosses, etc then go in guild. BW just introduced a welfare system as it is giving all 50's a free set of Tier 1 gear that most of us had to work for back in the day. It's fascinating to see people who think skippers "have no respect" for them, yet have zero issue with making people who have done these FPs dozens of times and need nothing but the comms sit through every convo without spacebaring, kill literally every extraeneous mob and do obsolete bosses for gear that's made redundant or worse by the new welfare system.

Making a FP incomplete until all bosses are dead is both a joke and an insult. What happens when you get a group of horrid pugs (don't laugh, they're out there in droves with F2P now) who can't kill a boss? Then you're just ff-d. Hard as it may be to believe, some people don't have a ton of time to spend grinding the same FPs over and over and some have to do several a day and don't want it to be an all day extravaganza.

You want thoughts so here's one: how about those players who have done said FPs more times then they can count automatically receive 5 BH comms upon logging in once per day? It eliminates the need for them to carry people and allows you to do the FPs with like-minded and poorly-geared people who can then kill anything and everything that moves till your heart's content. Everybody wins!

if you want to see story then do story mode fps not hard mode. in hm people want the quickest route to end fp to get gear and move on. ppl just dont give a dam about story in HM FP'S. and no people shouldnt be given 5 bh comms every day. takes away the point of earning wot u want to get

I think that if BW decides to make the players have to kill all the bosses chances are you will wait alot longer for FP pop as people who already have gear and only do it for the coms will not waste time doin the group finder.

I personally dont wanna do all the bosses not even on my fresh 50 toons and especialy bonus bosses where you have to kill certain amount of trash to get them its just a waste of time. i usually have a full columi set ready when my alts get to 50 from the random last boss drops.

Starting your gear progression with heroics and dailys is just not the best way to spend your time, get your free tionese set, start building the BH coms and outfit you tionese set with 61 mods can be done in a very short time around 4 weeks and you can be best in slot 61 mods.

Edited by Griad

I think that if BW decides to make the players have to kill all the bosses chances are you will wait alot longer for FP pop as people who already have gear and only do it for the coms will not waste time doin the group finder.

I personally dont wanna do all the bosses not even on my fresh 50 toons and especialy bonus bosses where you have to kill certain amount of trash to get them its just a waste of time. i usually have a full columi set ready when my alts get to 50 from the random last boss drops.

Starting your gear progression with heroics and dailys is just not the best way to spend your time, get your free tionese set, start building the BH coms and outfit you tionese set with 61 mods can be done in a very short time around 4 weeks and you can be best in slot.

as long as you don't have to do the bonus bosses i'm fine. I would like however it to be mandatory to kill those few bosses you can skip because it takes what 5 extra minutes at the most to kill it

as long as you don't have to do the bonus bosses i'm fine. I would like however it to be mandatory to kill those few bosses you can skip because it takes what 5 extra minutes at the most to kill it

MIght only take 5 mins to kill one boss now add that to having 8 alts, then its alot of time wasted :D

Starting your gear progression with heroics and dailys is just not the best way to spend your time, get your free tionese set, start building the BH coms and outfit you tionese set with 61 mods can be done in a very short time around 4 weeks and you can be best in slot 61 mods.

slight problem you can gear up quicker than 4 weeks doing fps everyday. or if u have guild crafters that can craft 61/63 mods and such u can jsut use your bh comms to get campaign armours for set bonuses

slight problem you can gear up quicker than 4 weeks doing fps everyday. or if u have guild crafters that can craft 61/63 mods and such u can jsut use your bh comms to get campaign armours for set bonuses

True but not everyone have millions of credits for the 61/63 mods so still a reasonable time frame i would say is 4 weeks give or take a few days

True but not everyone have millions of credits for the 61/63 mods so still a reasonable time frame i would say is 4 weeks give or take a few days

when i got my vanguard to 50 i had near enoguh full columi from running fps in 2 days then i had 4 peices of bh gear in 4 days having done all dailies all rad weekly and some capain gear from hm ec. in less in 2 weeks i had 3 dread guard peices. im just saying that u gear up quicker running fps and ops that skiping them and getting hands on mods