Loot drop, does it take into consideration the group composition?

I only ask because well it was pretty bad before getting BH gear for operations and HM's like clockwork when we never seem to have any in the group. Now after the "change" last night me and 3 other guildies wanted to run the new flashpoint. They wanted to do the weekly so we did a quick run of Kaon, myself tanking (sin) two DPS (sniper,jugg) and our healer (operative) and its not like I really care about pve all the much but the others did I just went because they needed a tank. The final boss gave out surprise...a BH helm. They were less than happy.

Anyone else seeing improved loot drops where they take into account group composition.

^^ It was claimed to be fixed, and as far as I have seen they are correct. Good job bioware.

As far as i have seen , you sir have been very lucky..... its not fixed , so. BAD job Bioware.

Edited by Omezawa

It was in the 1.2 patch notes. Now if that translates into the game and works, thats a different question.

"Loot drops from endgame activities, such as Operations and Flashpoints, now take group composition into account."

First bullet point in the Items and General Economy section.

Edited by DeltaEkotte

Well we ran HM EV last night and downed Soa with NO BUGS!!! That was awesome...as for the loot...it seemed pretty even for us with every class getting something...but maybe we were just Lucky

I ran a HM flashpoint as well, Lost Island with 3 Consulars and 1 Trooper and nothing but Trooper dropped...

Group Composition is still to be determined, need bigger sample size...

I'm pretty sure the 'fix' they are referring to, is that hard mode Explosive Conflict drops class-neutral campaign tokens. That's it. AND, since the only way to get schematics is to RE stuff, you will never have any since there isn't RE fodder until your entire guild is fully gear (4 weeks of HM clears). I love you Bioware, but ***?

I'm pretty sure the 'fix' they are referring to, is that hard mode Explosive Conflict drops class-neutral campaign tokens. That's it. AND, since the only way to get schematics is to RE stuff, you will never have any since there isn't RE fodder until your entire guild is fully gear (4 weeks of HM clears). I love you Bioware, but ***?

I thought it was pretty clear that they stated...

"Loot drops from endgame activities, such as Operations and Flashpoints, now take group composition into account".

That sounds like they were aiming to improve "loot drops" such as 3 SI and one Op should only be dropping pieces for those classes, not BH or SW. Im not saying you are wrong thats just how I took it. It is hard to gear up when the only thing dropping is for someone not in the instance with you.

I thought it was pretty clear that they stated...

"Loot drops from endgame activities, such as Operations and Flashpoints, now take group composition into account".

That sounds like they were aiming to improve "loot drops" such as 3 SI and one Op should only be dropping pieces for those classes, not BH or SW. Im not saying you are wrong thats just how I took it. It is hard to gear up when the only thing dropping is for someone not in the instance with you.

I'm well aware of what they said, however, based on evidence on the PTS, the gear neutral campaign tokens were the only way they ACTUALLY addressed this. :p

I'm well aware of what they said, however, based on evidence on the PTS, the gear neutral campaign tokens were the only way they ACTUALLY addressed this. :p

I raided after the patch yesterday, it was indeed fixed for our guild. Unless me and my entire guild, dozens of other guilds and hundreds of other people are going crazy, the patch notes were indeed correct for a sizable part of the playerbase.