State of the Galaxy

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It pleases me to see an update on storylines such as this. It gives us an idea as to where we currently stand in the long scheme of things ICly (for those that RP) and what we may be gearing up for. Also, SUPER happy the Empire is gaining some form of figurehead. I feel offing Malgus really hurt the game. You always need the evil and good guy, ya know? Malgus was the poster boy. Now, lets see Marr be what he was!

Not very into PvP, but still excited!

The Cartel is in shambles. The invasion of Makeb can only be seen as a disastrous failure for Cartel interests, with all resources committed to the campaign lost and almost nothing gained. Many elements of the Cartel that weren’t directly absorbed into the Republic by force are continuing to operate, but with almost no direct cooperation or coordination beyond the continued use of the “Cartel” name. It seems unlikely that the Cartel will return to its position of prominence in the galactic underworld for some time.

And yet the galaxy observes the continued expansion of the prodigious Cartel Market, curious...

Edited by TheGreatFrosty

I love when Bioware does stuff like this, great touch.

Too bad we haven't gotten this much story in the actual game itself since Makeb, at least from a quester's standpoint.

Ugh, all of this stuff is in game, are you being purposely contrary or are you really this dense?

Edited by Icebergy

I like the 'in-character' approach of posts like this.

The post itself points to an unknown party that's careful enough to foil the Shroud and remain hidden. A force, in his own words, that isn't one of the usual suspects.

With the return of Mr. Freed to story writing duties, I have to wonder if the SC is truly gone...

Nice to see where we stand, and someone needs to shut up this shroud guy, his ego is rubbing me off in the wrong ways lol... but seeing this figure pop up constantly now and then, i figure he will have a Op or FP coming up soon.

and ooooh yeah Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow. You're only a day away!

Nice to see where we stand, and someone needs to shut up this shroud guy, his ego is rubbing me off in the wrong ways lol... but seeing this figure pop up constantly now and then, i figure he will have a Op or FP coming up soon.

and ooooh yeah Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow. You're only a day away!

I want to see a return of Watcher X, and that tip off an information war between him and The Shroud, with your characters caught in the middle.

and then there's the possibility of WX being alive still.

Oh, and I like how they're giving us an in-game heads up on the state of things regarding both heads of state.

Marr is ruthless, efficient and completely without ambition for the Emperor's throne. An excellent war-time leader, so I foresee something bad happening to him. Sad, really.

Shroud forgot to mention that the Jedi are still missing their traditional robes.

This is true. It is clear that this can only lead to one conclusion. This is not the real Shroud! He is a fake! An imposter! The real Shroud would have added it to that transmission! So maybe The Shroud really is dead?

Edited by Unibek

Very good post. I often complain that the overall storyline of what's going on in the Galaxy is barren and vague, but this is a superb counterexample.

I'd be thrilled to see this kind of exposition in-game as well.

I like the 'in-character' approach of posts like this.

The post itself points to an unknown party that's careful enough to foil the Shroud and remain hidden. A force, in his own words, that isn't one of the usual suspects.

With the return of Mr. Freed to story writing duties, I have to wonder if the SC is truly gone...

That is truely possibly there are also evidence to point to the revanites as potential culprits of these unknown parites

I'm confused. Wasn't Shroud killed?

No as it's pointed out at the end of the macrobinocular questline that he is most in fact alive

The shroud places a clone of himself in the facility, he escapes and takes the data you/your party stole form him (or killed the person running your operation if you choose not to give him the data).