Is the Imperial Agent Force Sensitive?

daveOreally

I posted this question in the sniper thread but I think it should be here instead. Anyway, having played through the Agents story missions I've developed this theory about the fact that I believe the Agent really seems to be force sensitive. Here are my points:

1 the relationship between he Agent and Darth Jadus is very similar to that of a master and apprentice.

2 the story seems somewhat similar to that of the Tie pilot, Stele, from the star wars game Tie Fighter.

3 All the other classes have their backstory explained at some point except the agent which, and yes this reaching here, I believe he was a secret apprentice of Jadus, mind wiped to be a plant in Intelligence. If you go to the private meeting between Jadus and the agent he talks to him with a great level of familiarity. Plus the agent is one of the few to be less effected by Jadus' dark side power.

Well I hope this sparks some thought and I'd love to hear other peoples thoughts.

I posted this question in the sniper thread but I think it should be here instead. Anyway, having played through the Agents story missions I've developed this theory about the fact that I believe the Agent really seems to be force sensitive. Here are my points:

1 the relationship between he Agent and Darth Jadus is very similar to that of a master and apprentice.

2 the story seems somewhat similar to that of the Tie pilot, Stele, from the star wars game Tie Fighter.

3 All the other classes have their backstory explained at some point except the agent which, and yes this reaching here, I believe he was a secret apprentice of Jadus, mind wiped to be a plant in Intelligence. If you go to the private meeting between Jadus and the agent he talks to him with a great level of familiarity. Plus the agent is one of the few to be less effected by Jadus' dark side power.

Well I hope this sparks some thought and I'd love to hear other peoples thoughts.

I had all the legacy unlocks for the force users on my agent since it was the 7th or 8th class I got through it's storylines. I can't remember if I ended with Agent of Trooper, but I believe Agent as I had heard it was best to do it last, so I like to believe my Agent was force sensitive :)

If the Agent was Force-sensitive, it would've been sensed by the numerous other Sith he/she encounters throughout the game, and then they'd be asking why a Force-sensitive in the Empire hasn't been sent to the Academy. He/She is probably just as susceptible to Jadus' powers as anyone else, but it's not really shown in TOR due to gameplay/story segregation.

At most, the Agent may be Force-attuned, but he/she is most certainly not Force-sensitive. And if he/she was, it'd kinda ruin the point of the Agent story, which is being a non-Sith loyal to the Empire.

Or not, if you're a dirty traitor.

Edited by Rodyn

If the Agent was Force-sensitive, it would've been sensed by the numerous other Sith he/she encounters throughout the game, and then they'd be asking why a Force-sensitive in the Empire hasn't been sent to the Academy. He/She is probably just as susceptible to Jadus' powers as anyone else, but it's not really shown in TOR due to gameplay/story segregation.

At most, the Agent may be Force-attuned, but he/she is most certainly not Force-sensitive. And if he/she was, it'd kinda ruin the point of the Agent story, which is being a non-Sith loyal to the Empire.

That isn't true. Plenty of force users go unnoticed for whatever reason. Darksiders and lightsiders go unnoticed as well.

That isn't true. Plenty of force users go unnoticed for whatever reason. Darksiders and lightsiders go unnoticed as well.

Then why is Ensign hiding on a frozen rock? What is cave 66 on Balmorra? Just to ask 2 things that come into my mind.

The only way to hide you Force sensitive nature (or alignment to dark or light side) is to use Force Stealth. That's what Sidious used, or Yoda and Obi-Wan during exile or Revan on Korriban and so on. But you need to be trained for that by a Master :rak_04:

I asked this question if jedi/sith and witches can feel other force sensitives and the answer is yes and no for example nobody felt Bao Dur or Mira besides the Exile and nobody felt Leia Organa as a force sensitive. All the rest can be explained but not Leia at the amount of contact she was with other force sensitives like Darth Vader, Starkiller, Echu, the Emperor, Kyle Khatarn, the Jedi knight that Starkiller did not killed you have to wonder if they really can sense the force.

So I got a theory you can only sense other force sensitives if the other one uses the force.

I asked this question if jedi/sith and witches can feel other force sensitives and the answer is yes and no for example nobody felt Bao Dur or Mira besides the Exile and nobody felt Leia Organa as a force sensitive. All the rest can be explained but not Leia at the amount of contact she was with other force sensitives like Darth Vader, Starkiller, Echu, the Emperor, Kyle Khatarn, the Jedi knight that Starkiller did not killed you have to wonder if they really can sense the force.

So I got a theory you can only sense other force sensitives if the other one uses the force.

Well I believe the less you EVER used the force, the harder to detect you. Leia never used the force, and vader never intended to find out if she was force sensitive, detecting Leia would require some concentration vader didnt have. The more you use the Force, the bigger your presence become, so they can sense you from further, also if something big happens they can sense it from very far (like Yoda sensing order 66's deaths, Obi-Wan sensing Alderaan). Starkiller storyline isnt part of the canon neither does it fit in with the new Rebels series happening, so I wouldnt rely on that as a source (nice story but sry, didnt happen). And Kyle met Leia after her sensitivity was discovered...

And to the contrary: Anakin sensed Dooku in Revenge of the Sith from the other end of the ship, Vader sensed Obi-Wan, the Emperor sensed Luke from the other end of the Galaxy...

Who is Echu?

Mmmmmm....I don't think so. The relationship with Jadus is less "master and apprentice" and more "master and servant", and that's only if you go the subservient "whatever you say my lord".

The Agent does get some backstory explained: on Voss, humans say they served in the military before joining Intelligence, non-Chiss aliens say they were a street rat picked up by Intelligence for their potential, and Chiss say they used to be part of the Chiss Ascendancy. Which makes it harder--impossible, for the non-Chiss--for Jadus to have planted them as a sleeper agent.

The only one of the non-FS classes I can see having some sensitivity is the Smuggler. All that luck they have? The Force guiding them. The ease in which they talk their way out of trouble? Minor Force Persuasion.

Well I believe the less you EVER used the force, the harder to detect you. Leia never used the force, and vader never intended to find out if she was force sensitive, detecting Leia would require some concentration vader didnt have. The more you use the Force, the bigger your presence become, so they can sense you from further, also if something big happens they can sense it from very far (like Yoda sensing order 66's deaths, Obi-Wan sensing Alderaan). Starkiller storyline isnt part of the canon neither does it fit in with the new Rebels series happening, so I wouldnt rely on that as a source (nice story but sry, didnt happen). And Kyle met Leia after her sensitivity was discovered...

And to the contrary: Anakin sensed Dooku in Revenge of the Sith from the other end of the ship, Vader sensed Obi-Wan, the Emperor sensed Luke from the other end of the Galaxy...

Who is Echu?

Well this game is not cannon also and its part of legacy meaning everything that was written be it in games until the franchise was bought. So like a paralel universe like dc has here Starkiler created the republic and the events of TOR existed and where Leia had kids and become a jedi you know the world we talk about. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Echuu_Shen-Jon

About Kyle Katharn not meeting Leia I have proof against that claim http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Lethal_Alliance http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kyle_Katarn#cite_note-lethalliance-10

Edited by adormitul

Being a secret Force Sensitive working around powerful Sith is not gonna work. They can sense it out and the instant they do, you aren't in your old job anymore. You're off to Korriban, Emperor says so. Death penalty otherwise, of course.

It's just not lore appropriate in this period because of that law.

I just think Jadus had the hots for the agent of both genders. I always felt like I was 3 seconds from him forcing himself on me in every conversation (even after having beaten the storyline before). Pretty freaking terrifying.

On Voss the agent flat out says they're not Force sensitive if you take part in the healing/ information ritual or whatever. Granted it's in one of the dialogue choices but still.

And it would go against the themes of the agent story if they were Force sensitive. So I would lean pretty heavily on "no".

On Voss the agent flat out says they're not Force sensitive if you take part in the healing/ information ritual or whatever. Granted it's in one of the dialogue choices but still.

And it would go against the themes of the agent story if they were Force sensitive. So I would lean pretty heavily on "no".

Nobody says he knows he is force sensitive like Revan when he was brainwashed or else how could he resist the emperor? Kyle Katharn nobody knew he was force sensitive also and he was in contact with force sensitives and yet he did epic things without using the force knowingly.

Nobody says he knows he is force sensitive like Revan when he was brainwashed or else how could he resist the emperor? Kyle Katharn nobody knew he was force sensitive also and he was in contact with force sensitives and yet he did epic things without using the force knowingly.

Kyle Katarn grew up in an age where Jedi and Sith weren't commonplace. Having any knowledge or recognition of the Force would be amazing. And yet he did suspect his potential when he had visions during a mission. As for Revan he's hardly a typical example, being not only mind-wiped but implanted with a new identity.

All my girls are sensitive to the Force, whether fully in being Jedi or Sith, or only slightly being Trooper, Agent, Smuggler, Bountyhunter. I say this due to the Heroic Moment Abilities. I have this in my headcanon. Basically, for the non force using PCs, these only come out when they're super scared/over adrenalined and only lasts a little bit. My Chiss Agent was adopted into a family full of humans. My smuggler is my Sith warrior's daughter. My consular is my bounty hunter's daughter. My knight is my agent's daughter. Etc.

So, all my girls have SOME force sensitivity due to Heroic Moment abilities.

Everyone can sort of make up their own minds for their particular character, but for mine, I would have to say - no, she is not force sensitive. Although one of her crew is mildly so <if you do all the conversations, it comes out that Temple is> - and although she made the Dark Side decision at cave 52, for her own crew, she protects Temple's secret.

For the use of Heroic abilities, for her, she explains it as bits of technology she has learned, not actually "the force".

For the Smuggler, his "luck" I explain as having more to do with innate charisma, sort of a social thing more than a "force" ability.

Read the OP's theory.

Which is pretty crazy and far out there no the imperial agent story wise is not force sensitive. Its kinda the whole point now people's head canon is a whole different thing and that's all it will be. Oh and the imperial agent is affected by jadus you can state as such to him that hanging around him feels like you are "dying".

Since someone had to be moved over to the chiss to protect them from the empire. Since it would be really hard to hide it without proper training. Even if its minor all major sith lords would pretty much detect it instantly.

As other people said if the imperial agent was found to be force sensitive by the law of the empire they would either be killed if they refused or forced into the academy.

Edited by lokdron

Which is pretty crazy and far out there no the imperial agent story wise is not force sensitive. Its kinda the whole point now people's head canon is a whole different thing and that's all it will be. Oh and the imperial agent is affected by jadus you can state as such to him that hanging around him feels like you are "dying".

Since someone had to be moved over to the chiss to protect them from the empire. Since it would be really hard to hide it without proper training. Even if its minor all major sith lords would pretty much detect it instantly.

As other people said if the imperial agent was found to be force sensitive by the law of the empire they would either be killed if they refused or forced into the academy.

Its because Star Wars has bad writing when its about force sensitivity detection Bao Dur, Mira, Leia Organa, Kyle Katharn, Atton Rand(yes I know he killed jedi for a living but he quit when he found out he was force sensitive) where not detected. Theron Shan for example is not force sensitive but for a good while a jedi master thought he was until proven wrong. Why did he not detect the absence of force sensitivity?

Strong minds can deflect Force influence/Spiritual pressure. This is more than just shaking off the mind-trick; a sufficiently focused or trained normal can stand up to the various Force affects and effects.

So, the IA basically just toughens up after being exposed a few times to be able to get their job done. No FS neeeded, just a special case of awesomesauce.

Please stop insisting every character who doesn't have a glowstick and bathrobe must be Force sensitive in order to be as story significant as the mutants and be able to equal and kill them.

Being Force sensitive and having a magic sword doesn't keep you from getting shot in the face.

Edited by Cythereal