Assaultrooper

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QQ Apparently Bioware listens to the community. Read the new patch notes :(

Yeah, listening to the community is good. However, if that community is yelling nonsense, because they don't have an idea how the endgame economy looks like, then it is stupid.

The people who have violent convulsions over slicing and are only level 25 should please shut the kriff up until they are at level 45-50 and see how small the part of your money income is which comes from slicing.

I'll hold back my opinion until I actually test it out myself. But from the description in the patch notes it sounds like you won't be able to make any credits slicing now. I don't understand the point of having slicing in the game if that is true. I agree that it needed to be toned down a bit, but if it is completely unprofitable, what is the point?

Slicing is barely profitable as it is if it's not going to actually make any money, whats the point of having it in the first place? Expensive augments that 90% of the gear you see can't use or the odd crew mission? Maybe it's time to rework slicing completely?

I'll hold back my opinion until I actually test it out myself. But from the description in the patch notes it sounds like you won't be able to make any credits slicing now. I don't understand the point of having slicing in the game if that is true. I agree that it needed to be toned down a bit, but if it is completely unprofitable, what is the point?

Don't get carried away.

Oh Well, i guess going broke now and my gear is no longer going to be upgraded, personally think bioware was stupid to do this, i never craft, find it boring and the other gathering skills clutter the inventory, which means, i will no longer have any crew skills.

so, my 200k will slowly dwindle down to nothing.....bravo bioware, bravo.

all my character skills cost like 7-10k each and that is going lower my 200k by quite ALOT.

Why they listen to the minority is beyond me.

Don't get carried away.

"Slicing

Rewards from Slicing have been reduced to bring them into balance with other skills."

You don't craft anything with Slicing that you can sell, you get lock boxes and augments (that don't sell very well) So if they bring it in line with other gathering skills, the lockbox might very well be worth less than the cost to send your companion on the mission. As I said, I haven't seen the changes first hand yet, so maybe I am reading to much into it.

I've been using slicing since I started my character on the first early access day. I'm only level 39 at the moment, haven't to much real effort into it cause my guild is a bit behind me.

When I logged out last night I was at about 507k credits, most of which I assume came from slicing. I have spent a fair amount as well and am still at that amount. I know I do get quite a bit from grey/green items I sell off and from quest rewards. But I'm not at end game to see how the income flows at those levels, any insight would be great?

I even got most of my guild to pick it up to help them make a bit of credits while they level.

I'm wondering how bad this Nerf really is. If it's to much I'll just drop it for my main crafting skill. I did get the skill to max (400), so would hate to drop it early (not being at 50).

The slicing nerf is fine, but honestly I think that slicing is a badly designed skill in itself, because to be honest no crew skill should drive a direct profit without the use of the rest of the community. So if you ask me, they should remove lockboxes alltogether and give them something else instead... something they can sell\trade whatever.

Were there any numbers on how hard it's getting nerfed? I'm 400 and the biggest gain I ever got was 5K (6k minus 1k cost). Thats not ridiculous. Is it garbage now?

I have gotten some blue quality lock boxes from time to time and they could have as much as 7k+ in them. Granted I only saw this a 2-3 times but it was still a bit of a jump in my credits.

It is hardly as if slicing is incredibly over-valuable now, I have spent many hours of mission time on slicing missions, forgoing another crafting skill on one of my characters, in return I have about 140k after getting to about 380 slicing -- hardly game breaking. Had they gone about fixing actually disruptive issues, like pvp health bars not working, non-functional follow and horrific (I mean horrific) UI and customization, it would sit a little better with me. However, the amount you could make from slicing was hardly worth prioritizing above any of those issues.

If you nerf the monetary rewards of slicing to nothing, I fail to see the point of the skill... Hopefully it won't be as bad as they made it sound on the patch notes.

The slicing nerf is fine, but honestly I think that slicing is a badly designed skill in itself, because to be honest no crew skill should drive a direct profit without the use of the rest of the community. So if you ask me, they should remove lockboxes alltogether and give them something else instead... something they can sell\trade whatever.

I am confused too, slicing doesn't return anything but money and augments. The augments seem fairly useless and if slicing doesn't give you a return on your mission cost investment, then what is the point?

Well, I thought it was a needed change. I took splicing upto 200, then changed it when I realised I picked up the wrong skills. I'm now 370 Synthweaving, 360 Archaeology and 355 Underworld Trading. I've had people bragging about how much they've made in splicing etc. Yet I have at most 10k in my inventory because of leveling the skills and sending my companions on missions, aswell as buying the Synthweaving parts.

If the skill serves no purpose, then it shouldn't be in the game. If certain people are gaining large profts from splicing, whilst other more important crafters tick over, then how is that fair?

I see a flaw in that statement, you might be correct that crew skill should gain a profit via the interaction of the community, but what you are not taking itno account is the cheapness of the community.

If an item is worth 10,000 credits, plays will refuse to pay it and will ask for it for like a maximum of 1,000 credits and when they sell something similar, they try to sell it for 50,000 credits, it happens all the time.

What is it people say? Buy low, sell high? that ruins the community and the economy, i know for sure if slicing is THAT bad, i will drop it and not bother with any crew skills at all, because the cost increase of skills are WAY too high, not sure how crafters keep up to be honest.

I am confused too, slicing doesn't return anything but money and augments. The augments seem fairly useless and if slicing doesn't give you a return on your mission cost investment, then what is the point?

Actually, slicing also has a chance to return blue/purple mission discoveries, which can be quite useful. So it's not entirely useless past augments and lockboxes.

Overall I'm not sure why this nerf was needed - I am sitting on 1 million credits here and only about 200k came from slicing, I recon. Most of my income comes from quests and vendoring loot, with a good chunk from selling items on GTN. I'll reserve judgement until I see the new slicing in action, though.

I don't totally disagree with the part about the community. However, it's not just lock boxes. I have gotten several schematics for cyber tech. Some of purple quality. Those I can sell to the community. As well as augments, though as mentioned they probably don't sell as well.

I sometimes feel Slicing only exist to make money, provide schematics for cyber tech and augments for critically crafted gear. If they did nerf the lock box part in to the ground then it is only fair that, finding schematics and better quality augments be increase to some degree. Maybe the fix is to make augments better or more needed.

We all knew it was going to happen. So many people bragging & singing it's praises was like a laser shot straight to the devs to hack it off at it's knees.

Funny how so many players out there learn absolutely nothing from 1 MMO to the next.

If something in game is popular, IT'S GOING TO GET NERFED!

Every day in game, I heard people blabbing on & on about the money there were making off of slicing. Every day in game, I told people to **** & let it go because the Nerf lightsaber was was going to descend if they didnt. Do people listen? of course not. Why should they? They don't give a **** about anyone else. It's all about appeasing their eggshell egos. I made money using this skill. yeah me!

Thanks to all the ********s out there who continually **** it up for the rest of us.

your actualy loosing money now sending them on misions

Yes. I just did a fly on the wall mission. I received a green case worth 1700 creds... lol You can't make money at all now sending them on missions. It's an XP money sink only.