Leaving SWTOR because of no new 'Operation' content

I hate ops, and the snobs who run them. It is now downright impossible for a new player to get into an op now because 99% of pugs advertising on fleet demand achievements, voice chat, perfect gear, a good "rotation", and knowing every in and out of the fights. Before you say, "do it with your guild", a lot don't even do ops, and many people don't even have a guild due to 12xp. Also not everyone has a gaming pc and gigabit internet to run the ops with any higher that 2 fps.

The hardcore raiders are a pain too. They think that whatever applies to HM Revan applies to the rest of the game. Every few threads on the forums usually involves someone from a top guild calling a solo player out on not being perfect, despite having no difficulty with the content he or she does. Sometimes there are the "classists" that trash talk players for picking a so-called "weak" class like sent/mara. Some even go so far as to accuse said players of trolling, saying they deserve to be banned for choosing the class that they did. Same goes for hardcore ranked pvpers.

/end rant

People always accuse WoW players of being elitist raiders but at least in WoW you can actually get raiding done easily enough in LFR. They even include a cool Khadgar questline for incentive. I myself am not heavy into raiding but it might have been nice to do SM mode at least once just to finish the quest like the one the pirate on Rishi gives you. SWTOR might have LFR but no one queues for it and even when it comes to SM pug they still want you to link chevo and be like HM level instead. In short SWTOR "raiders" are way worse than WoW raiders. Can't wait for Tuesday when the real SWTOR returns (Yes I am a sub).

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People always accuse WoW players of being elitist raiders but at least in WoW you can actually get raiding done easily enough in LFR. They even include a cool Khadgar questline for incentive. I myself am not heavy into raiding but it might have been nice to do SM mode at least once just to finish the quest like the one the pirate on Rishi gives you. SWTOR might have LFR but no one queues for it and even when it comes to SM pug they still want you to link chevo and be like HM level instead. In short SWTOR "raiders" are way worse than WoW raiders. Can't wait for Tuesday when the real SWTOR returns (Yes I am a sub).

1) People use Groupfinder by forming on Fleet

2) We have casual Ops it's called SM. Anymore casual people will just have to walk in

3) On my server no one asks for chievios unless it's for 55 NiM content or current HM that is more than the first 1 in each, from my understanding thats people asking for a carry.

4) I can't wait wait either as all Ops are bumped up like a real SWTOE and people have to follow the mechanics again :D

5) Go shill WoW somewhere else, probable one of those mad cause they can't tell right from left on the UL and blame elitism for being bad:rak_03:

1) People use Groupfinder by forming on Fleet

2) We have casual Ops it's called SM. Anymore casual people will just have to walk in

3) On my server no one asks for chievios unless it's for 55 NiM content or current HM that is more than the first 1 in each, from my understanding thats people asking for a carry.

4) I can't wait wait either as all Ops are bumped up like a real SWTOE and people have to follow the mechanics again :D

5) Go shill WoW somewhere else, probable one of those mad cause they can't tell right from left on the UL and blame elitism for being bad:rak_03:

I don't think I understood a single word of that and it looks like you didn't even read my post correctly.:rak_02:

I don't think I understood a single word of that and it looks like you didn't even read my post correctly.:rak_02:

If you can't understand that I don't know what to say. Classic defensive reflex when someone disagree with you. I know reading is hard. /shrug

Game isn't hard. I've played WOW. We don't need it and Swtor raiders are worse is just lol. Every Wow raid I had was some kid crying cause he didn't get his phat Lootz. So again I say no ;)

Unless you don't understand no? ;)

Edited by FerkWork

On my server things are a tad different, you even require achieves for ToS SM or you will have a hard time getting into any capable groups. As for NiM you pretty much require last bosses or even linking timed run and often it's for someone to get a timed run.

Edited by FlyinSpaghetti

On my server things are a tad different, you even require achieves for ToS SM or you will have a hard time getting into any capable groups. As for NiM you pretty much require last bosses or even linking timed run and often it's for someone to get a timed run.

I think that's because Lurker is a little more challenging than most SM bosses. And a cultural issue of the Harbringer. The system in 4.0 is what we truly need. Now all relevant content with many raids. System in 4.0 is fine as is.

I think that's because Lurker is a little more challenging than most SM bosses. And a cultural issue of the Harbringer. The system in 4.0 is what we truly need. Now all relevant content with many raids. System in 4.0 is fine as is.

WTB some DPS.

I mean, let's take a look at this. They talk about 'hardcore raiders are elitist jerks in SWTOR'. When it gets down to business, it appears that:

1) All those crybabies who can't find a group play DPS. Well, 95% of them.

2) Those who do and can't get achievements for months have like 1.2k dps on boss with 186 comms gear (yikes). At least that 1.2k is a real number a friend of mine has seen in starparse when it came to that.

3) They call parsing and reading guides 'boring' and say it's for elitist scum on servers, they just 'want to play for fun'.

I suppose many of us have had this conversation multiple times. But you are _supposed_ to contribute when going to group content, not expect others to do your job for you or whatsoever. Some people are learning quite fast but indeed unlucky with finding groups cause of achievement requirement, but here i blame operation design with bottleneck at 3rd boss and numbers-wise tricky fight for casual raiders (also bugged crosses/green areas are not really helping, either).

And to sum this up, as a full-fledged elitist jerk i must say that as a raid leader I have to make raiding for all 8 members of the group, including myself, comfortable. I am OK with taking new players along as long as they're willing to improve, but absolutely not willing to provide them with some happy button-smashing time at cost of 7 others' happiness.

Some requirements are hilarious, however.

'LFM ToS from Lurker 192+aug'

'sin dps full 198 LF OPS'

'LF Ravs sm [DP HM] link achieve'.

I'd like to have an access to larger base of capable players. Things are still getting only worse. Partly to no great goal ahead (wings made one, DM stuff was pretty potent in that sense). 3.0 ops grant one good deco, 1 bad deco and 1 title good only for bragging (not anymore). Would it be at least Lurker mount with cross flourish (or, better, Blaster mount with 'Here comes the boss' line), people would be more active in terms of progression and, ultimately, learning. That kind of thing.

WTB some DPS.

I mean, let's take a look at this. They talk about 'hardcore raiders are elitist jerks in SWTOR'. When it gets down to business, it appears that:

2) Those who do and can't get achievements for months have like 1.2k dps on boss with 186 comms gear (yikes). At least that 1.2k is a real number a friend of mine has seen in starparse when it came to that.

3) They call parsing and reading guides 'boring' and say it's for elitist scum on servers, they just 'want to play for fun'.

I suppose many of us have had this conversation multiple times. But you are _supposed_ to contribute when going to group content, not expect others to do your job for you or whatsoever. Some people are learning quite fast but indeed unlucky with finding groups cause of achievement requirement, but here i blame operation design with bottleneck at 3rd boss and numbers-wise tricky fight for casual raiders (also bugged crosses/green areas are not really helping, either).

And to sum this up, as a full-fledged elitist jerk i must say that as a raid leader I have to make raiding for all 8 members of the group, including myself, comfortable. I am OK with taking new players along as long as they're willing to improve, but absolutely not willing to provide them with some happy button-smashing time at cost of 7 others' happiness.

I'd like to have an access to larger base of capable players. Things are still getting only worse. Partly to no great goal ahead (wings made one, DM stuff was pretty potent in that sense). 3.0 ops grant one good deco, 1 bad deco and 1 title good only for bragging (not anymore). Would it be at least Lurker mount with cross flourish (or, better, Blaster mount with 'Here comes the boss' line), people would be more active in terms of progression and, ultimately, learning. That kind of thing.

This +1

WTB some DPS.

This all sounds dandy, but it's bit far from truth. I have vast raiding exp. from WoW as dps and healer, and I did some raiding in swtor before 3.0 as sage healer(cleared few bosses on HM in DP), and came back to game few months ago. I rerolled to PT tank, now I'm mostly in 192/190 gear, fully auged in 186 augs, with min/maxed enchants to max my shield/absorb (followed KPN tank guide and Milas guide on Dulfy), and watched videos from PT tank Pov for every single fight in ToS and Ravagers, and yet since I don't have achi no Pug wants to take me, even tho I'm certain I could tank it all with few mistakes here and there.

Main reason I'm rejected is my lack of HP, and lack of exp. Apparently 52k HP/1800 shield rating/1100 absorb rating PT tank is not good enough to tank SM content. I know it's not the best gear around, but I've done everything I can solo to get max out of my gear, and yet it'd not enough. Guilds are hard to come by, especially ones in EU tbat are willing to take a new tank for a run or two to get a feel for the ops.

Hopefully, things will change in 4.0 and a lot of people who joined later won't know/remember tactcs for old stuff so we will be on equal footing.

At least WoW has much bigger guildbase to choose from, and easier gearing curve with Taanan and LFR, where you can also learn about mechanics.

I rerolled to PT tank, now I'm mostly in 192/190 gear, fully auged in 186 augs, with min/maxed enchants to max my shield/absorb (followed KPN tank guide and Milas guide on Dulfy), and watched videos from PT tank Pov for every single fight in ToS and Ravagers, and yet since I don't have achi no Pug wants to take me, even tho I'm certain I could tank it all with few mistakes here and there.

Main reason I'm rejected is my lack of HP, and lack of exp. Apparently 52k HP/1800 shield rating/1100 absorb rating PT tank is not good enough to tank SM content. I know it's not the best gear around, but I've done everything I can solo to get max out of my gear, and yet it'd not enough. Guilds are hard to come by, especially ones in EU tbat are willing to take a new tank for a run or two to get a feel for the ops.

At least WoW has much bigger guildbase to choose from, and easier gearing curve with Taanan and LFR, where you can also learn about mechanics.

KBN for KeyBoardNinja, mate ;)

Back to business - Well, you've done more than i'd expect an average pug to do, in a first place. Honestly, i think gear isn't a real issue, just an excuse to kick you from the raid after looking at your achieves. People do that apparently just as much as they do "hey, this guy is 10/10 and he can't be bad"... Which he apparently can :D

SWTOR's attempt to get learning curve smoother is GF (instead of LFR). On GF days it (was) usually quite simple to find a spot if you're a tank in all SM ops. I myself started raiding from early January, and it wasn't hard at all to find a group willing to take me along. Hope you'll get better luck in 4.0. If you're playing on TRE, feel free to PM me so I could point you to a few casual raiding guilds and/or take you along for a couple of ops.

Other than that, I've seen completely clueless guys managing to get a spot into SM raids, including ToS, and not that they had just any ops achieves... I guess certain amount of dare won't hurt either. It hurts to hit a wall to mistrust, but gotta start somewhere after all.