Using the ship droid for missions

AlrikFassbauer

Hello, everyone,

I have found that sending my ship droid gets me more often missions with an critical success than when I send out other characters with no critical success possibility out to that same mission.

Or, with other words : Is it just my subjective impression, or does the ship droid have some kind of "secret" critical success possibility ?

Just as an example : When I send out any of my Gunslinger's CRew out on Scavenging missions, I rarely get "critical success" from them.

When I'm sending out the ship droid, this rate seems to increse.

Is this just an subjective view, or is there really a higher possibility with the shjip droid to achieve "critical success" ?

The only exception to it is HK-51. Because of the known reasons.

Alrik

Afaik there is no "secret" behind it. Same random engine works for all the companions including the crew droid.

You may also add some more crit or efficiency by buying modules related to your crew skill from the ship merchant droid. You have to buy that ship merchant droid from the legacy options.

A part from that, your crits are only about luck.

The only way to confirm this is to track every mission you run on every companion over a long period of time. My guess though is that recently the RNG has been kind, nothing more.

I will repeat what I have said many times on these forums: Random =/= Even. Human nature believes the opposite, but that does not make it true. In any random set of data clusters will happen.

That was my understanding, too.

I'll continue watching this.

Obi-wan Kenobi: "Your eyes can deceive you, don't trust them"

If you want to know for sure, watching is not good enough. A document noting what every companion does is the only way to track effectively.

Hello, everyone,

I have found that sending my ship droid gets me more often missions with an critical success than when I send out other characters with no critical success possibility out to that same mission.

Or, with other words : Is it just my subjective impression, or does the ship droid have some kind of "secret" critical success possibility ?

Just as an example : When I send out any of my Gunslinger's CRew out on Scavenging missions, I rarely get "critical success" from them.

When I'm sending out the ship droid, this rate seems to increse.

Is this just an subjective view, or is there really a higher possibility with the shjip droid to achieve "critical success" ?

The only exception to it is HK-51. Because of the known reasons.

Alrik

What are the known reasons for HK-51?