What is the point in Cybertech?

Argoan

Armorings/Mods = Can buy better from vendor and raid gear comes with better in it already.

Mounts are BoP and can cost more than vendor mounts, whilst not looking that nice(imo).

Earpieces = Better from vendor - Even raid recipes are worse than vendor bought ones.

Ship Parts = Ok, these are useful for the tiny amount of people that still do the ship mini game at level 50.

Grenades = Decent for PvP, kind of Meh for PvE. Not totally amazing for masses to use them.

So, can someone explain to me what cybertech is good for other than ship parts and grenades?

You forgot to mention that the 110% mount in Cybertech is the exact same design as the 100% speeder. It's just a different color. Completely underwhelming.

Also, the reusable grenades in Cybertech, as of right now I believe, do not require Cybertech. So you can make them and then drop the skill.

I used to make a profit off selling the ship parts, but now that everyone and their mother has hit 50, the market has become so saturated, that the parts are now selling for cheaper than you can make it...

Biochem is the only true end-game profession at the moment. But at least Cybertech doesn't have it quite as bad as others, like Artifice and Armstech.

You forgot to mention that the 110% mount in Cybertech is the exact same design as the 100% speeder. It's just a different color. Completely underwhelming.

Also, the reusable grenades in Cybertech, as of right now I believe, do not require Cybertech. So you can make them and then drop the skill.

I used to make a profit off selling the ship parts, but now that everyone and their mother has hit 50, the market has become so saturated, that the parts are now selling for cheaper than you can make it...

Biochem is the only true end-game profession at the moment. But at least Cybertech doesn't have it quite as bad as others, like Artifice and Armstech.

Artifice makes the most money in the game once you get the special crystals i think. People in my guild are selling the magenta crystal for 300k+ each.

Earpieces = Better from vendor - Even raid recipes are worse than vendor bought ones.

This is incorrect. You can reverse engineer the lvl 49 to a purple with an augment that is better than the vendor bought one. I think even the blue with an augment is better but dont quote me on that one.

Armstech has some purp barrel mods in end game that are much better than anything in hard end raid