Got writing skills? I want you!

xantharius

Do you love starwars the old republic and have a knack for writing? I have a fan site dedicated to star wars the old republic and I am looking for paid writers.

The pay is around $10 per article but you must be very good! If you're interested, please send me a PM with a small sample of your writing and a brief history about you and your knowledge of starwars the old republic.

Thanks for your help!

EDIT:

I am looking for writing related to certain gameplay features, not science fiction.

Making credits

pvp techniques

class guides

etc.

Edited by xantharius

Sorry but I don't feel confident enough in my english writing skills to write for you but I'm very interested in following your site if that's the kind of dedication you're putting into it. Where can I look for it when it launches?

Good evening, sir Xantharius,

It is an interesting endeavor you are starting. Being paid for creating essentially fan concepts is fairly new.

Before this, I never watched anything Star Wars. ‘Too mainstream’ was always my thought. However, with so many fellow roleplayers being interested in this universe, I had to check it out. Now, I have listened to several audio-books of the Old Republic series and watched all the Star Wars movies, now making a start with the Clone Wars series.

I love writing. I love orating. I love storytelling. I’m passionate about anything that I write. This, for a wide range of subjects, whether informative or entertaining. Any more experience on the matter; excellent.

However, it is truly sad that you are not willing to pay for science-fiction. I wouldn’t describe myself as a good writer in that respect, but I’d have been willing to submit a few pages for reviewing. It does make sense, though.

First of all, fiction is ‘easy’ to keep writing. You don’t have to get your facts straight and sourcing your sources is not required at all. No research is entailed to keeping it going if your knowledge of the Universe is sufficient enough.

Second of all, there are simply too many people who would apply for this job. Many would submit their science fiction stories for free, after all. If you were to follow up on your promise of $1/100 words, you’d soon be bankrupt. It’d be more efficient to hire an editor whose job it is to read through the science fiction that is submitted and place it on your site for further reading.

Besides this small sidetrack from the topic, may I ask if you pay for informative texts of a different matter. Would you consider RP a supported playstyle for your site? After all, a great part of the community are roleplayers. Star Wars caters us a lot. We are becoming more mainstream(*a shudders are shed in the background*) and it might benefit your site if we would be supported as appropriate.

I must admit; about game mechanics and all that, I know very little. I’m a novice in many respects when it comes to MMOs. I’m rather someone from First Person Shooters with some roleplaying aspects thrown in. I doubt I would be of use on that front. However, if you wouldn’t have me as a representative of roleplayers, I could always act as an editor for your site. I think you’ll receive many application and someone to give feedback to someone’s writing could be useful. After all, I’m a novice myself. Who better to give advice on how certain game aspects should be explained, than to someone who is not experienced with it at all?

As a writer and editor as well as a person who has also assisted in the running of a long standing website and an award-winning e-zine, I know how hard it can be to get good writers and content.

As for writing...$10 isn't bad for less than 1000 words and with credits (byline). When we were running our website and doing the e-zine...most of the writers that worked with us did it for the love of the genre (for free, in other words because we made NOTHING on our stuff and gave our content for free to the general public). All of our artists, graphic designers, layout people, cartographers, staffmembers, etc., did it for free.

If you LOVE something, your work will reflect it. If you are doing it only to get paid...that shows, too.

Just some advice from a person whose been down your path. Pick those who LOVE to write and LOVE the source material. Don't pick people who squabble about money. Those are people you can do without when your budget is stretched already.

As for me, I don't know enough about the game mechanics to be much use in writing guides (despite all my many hours of playing SWTOR). If you wanted help with content editing or fiction writing, I might could help there (depending on time constraints in my real life).

Let me know, if you're interested in any other help. PM me. If I have time, I might be able to assist.

Good luck, regardless. It's a tough job with many hours of hard work and with very little in return.