1.7 going live on 2/12

renoxodus

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really. How can you justify putting a minor patch on live w/out even putting it on test server? Especially when that patch adds an entirely NEW system to the game as well as revamping Ilum and adding a new world encounter? I am boggled :rak_02:

Also, I thought we were going to see character transfers to PTS as part of this patch. I know ranked pvp teams were looking forward to facing off with folks from different servers on PTS.

*** BW?

Do people actually think that just because it doesn't go on the PTS that they don't actually test stuff? They have had people testing this at their facility for a while. Without character copies there won't be many people capable of testing this properly on PTS anyway.

Also, I thought we were going to see character transfers to PTS as part of this patch. I know ranked pvp teams were looking forward to facing off with folks from different servers on PTS.

*** BW?

This was never said by anyone....no talk of any PTS or character copies for 1.7 ever happened. What they did say was that there would be character copies for Makeb, which apparently is up as a huge patch download now, although you can't access it yet.

Edited by chuixupu

This was never said by anyone....no talk of any PTS or character copies for 1.7 ever happened. What they did say was that there would be character copies for Makeb, which apparently is up as a huge patch download now, although you can't access it yet.

Ah, thanks for the clarification :D

Do people actually think that just because it doesn't go on the PTS that they don't actually test stuff? They have had people testing this at their facility for a while. Without character copies there won't be many people capable of testing this properly on PTS anyway.

It's not that we don't think they don't test it...it's that thousands of people testing an update is 100x's better than just a group of locals.

I'm at the point of thinking that they fired everyone who knew how to utilize the PTS.

I don't see how they'd need a "PTS specific" team. The server tech is essentially the same.

It's not that we don't think they don't test it...it's that thousands of people testing an update is 100x's better than just a group of locals.

I don't think there was even a thousand people on the PTS server when they had the character copy option available and various rewards for 1.3. That's part of the problem.

Edited by chuixupu

Id say Bioware have upped their internal testing teams for ROHC and therefore this was tested with that extended team.

Didnt they advertise a month ago they wanted part time testers?

My guess is they are the people that did the testing.

Also putting on PTS hasn't proven to be that successfully anyway, you only have to look at the last 3 major patches and the number of bugs the PTS testing didn't identify.

Well that was...unexpected. We'll see how this pans out.

Also putting on PTS hasn't proven to be that successfully anyway, you only have to look at the last 3 major patches and the number of bugs the PTS testing didn't identify.

To be fair, testing did often identify a number of bugs that I read reports about, bugs which still managed to make it to live every time a patch was on the PTS.

*facedesks* After all the failures with previous patches... After the gigantic f***up with 1.2... They still haven't learned a damn thing... A major patch like 1.7 straight out on live servers.... I might aswell not log in the first couple weeks...

Why Bioware, WHY? Have you no sense left? The only senseable thing that can cause this would be that you're gonna push for Makeb to make it to PTS next week. CUZ BIOWARE! THAT REALLY NEEDS TESTING ON PTS!!!

I haven't seen thousands of people testing since probably the first time they copies characters over. The last patch that was on PTS there were barely 50 people on the fleet, if that.

I haven't seen thousands of people testing since probably the first time they copies characters over. The last patch that was on PTS there were barely 50 people on the fleet, if that.

because it was only for grade 7 space missions (which no one pts has) and PvP... which requires a lot of ppl for fast queues, and since copies were limitied for that test, not many people coule get queue pops.

but yeah, they dont put eventas on the pts cuz they like the suprise factor. rak event and gree events were never on pts.

I wouldn't expose anything early to this community. To my knowledge nobody on the PTS is an actual certified tester anyway. Let Bioware adapt to the times. Maybe the PTS isn't as fruitful as people make it out to be.

People would be happy to be on PTS to test, IF THEY COULD DO IT WITH THEIR MAIN CHARACTERS! Or 50's with endgear for that matter. Thats the major problem. Bioware somehow still haven't managed to let us copy characters over to PTS other than the massive guild copies. We could get our characters copied over to PTS a year ago...