New class changes 2.10

Neoforcer

The new class patch notes are up on pts for 2.10

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7602712#edit7602712

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ PTS

Game Update 2.10: Galactic Strongholds Early Access

Last Updated: August 8th, 2014

All content and features on the Public Test Server are not final and are subject to change.

Highlights

Nightmare Power has been removed! The Nightmare Power buff has been removed from Nightmare Mode Dread Palace, and the Deposer of the Dread Masters title can no longer be obtained. Congratulations to all who overcame this challenge!

Classes + Combat

Jedi Knight

Sentinel

Combat

Opportune Attack now triggers 50/100 percent of the time when Ataru Form deals damage

Hand of Justice now triggers 33/67/100 percent of the time when Ataru Form deals damage. This effect can only occur once every 20 seconds.

Watchman

Mind Sear no longer has a rate limit of 6 seconds.

Sith Warrior

Marauder

Carnage

Execute now triggers 50/100 percent of the time when Ataru Form deals damage

Slaughter now triggers 33/67/100 percent of the time when Ataru Form deals damage. This effect can only occur once every 20 seconds.

Annihilation

Pulverize no longer has a rate limit of 6 seconds.

Imperial Agent

Explosive Probe's base cooldown has been reduced to 18 seconds (down from 30 seconds).

Explosive Probe's damage has been reduced by 11%.

Sniper

Engineering

Imperial Auto Loader now reduces the Energy cost of Snipe by 2/4/6 Energy, in addition to its other effects.

A target can now only be impacted by a maximum of 2 Scatter Bombs per Covered Escape. Damage per Bomb has been increased by 50%.

Plasma Probe has been redesigned!

Plasma Probe no longer has a cooldown. An Engineer can only have one Plasma Probe deployed at a time.

Damage is now distributed evenly throughout the Probe’s duration, and is dealt every 1 second.

Overall damage dealt by the Probe has been increased by 22%

A target under the effect of Interrogation Probe who is hit by any Plasma Probe damage (not just the initial strike) is now stunned. A target can only be stunned once every 18 seconds.

Smuggler

Sabotage Charge's base cooldown has been reduced to 18 seconds (down from 30 seconds).

Sabotage Charge's damage has been reduced by 11%.

Gunslinger

Saboteur

Jury-Rigged Mods now reduces the Energy cost of Charged Burst by 2/4/6 Energy, in addition to its other effects.

A target can now only be impacted by a maximum of 2 Scatter Bombs per Hightail It. Damage per Bomb has been increased by 50%.

Incendiary Grenade has been redesigned!

Incendiary Grenade no longer has a cooldown. A Saboteur can only have one Incendiary Grenade deployed at a time.

Damage is now distributed evenly throughout the Grenade’s duration, and is dealt every 1 second.

Overall damage dealt by the Grenade has been increased by 22%

A target under the effect of Shock Charge who is hit by any Incendiary Grenade damage (not just the initial strike) is now stunned. A target can only be stunned once every 18 seconds.

Jedi Consular

Sage

Seer

Master Speed now places a Hindered effect on enemies around the Sage when Force Speed is activated.

Amnesty now allows Force Potency to finish the cooldown of Mental Alacrity, in addition to its other effects.

Shadow

Infiltration

Force Breach now properly calculates damage based on the current number of Breaching Shadows. This results in the damage at 1 stack being increased, the damage at 2 stacks being decreased, and the damage at 3 stacks remaining the same.

Clairvoyant Strike now has a base cost of 23 Force (down from 25).

Clairvoyance now increases the chance to trigger Shadow Technique by 12.5% per Clairvoyance stack, in addition to its other effects.

Profundity can now occur once every 9 seconds (down from 10 seconds).

Potent Shadows now has a 100% chance to grant 1/2 stacks of Breaching Shadows when Force Potency is used (changed from a 50%/100% chance to grant 3 stacks). It still reduces the cooldown of Force Potency upon exiting combat.

Sith Inquisitor

Sorcerer

Corruption

Corrupted Speed now places a Hindered effect on enemies around the Sorcerer when Force Speed is activated.

Reverse Corruptions now allows Recklessness to finish the cooldown of Polarity Shift, in addition to its other effects.

Assassin

Deception

Discharge now properly calculates damage based on the current number of Static Charges. This results in the damage at 1 stack being increased, the damage at 2 stacks being decreased, and the damage at 3 stacks remaining the same.

Voltaic Slash now has a base cost of 23 Force (down from 25).

Voltage now increases the chance to trigger Surging Charge by 12.5% per Voltage stack, in addition to its other effects.

Saber Conduit can now occur once every 9 seconds (down from every 10 seconds).

Electric Ambush now has a 100% chance to grant 1/2 stacks of Static Charge when Recklessness is used (changed from a 50%/100% chance to grant 3 stacks). It still reduces the cooldown of Recklessness upon exiting combat.

Flashpoints + Operations

The Nightmare Power buff has been removed from Nightmare Mode Dread Palace.

-Tait

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting this.

So scatter bombs will be 75% as much total damage to a single target compared to right now, unless my brain is failing me right now. Looks like engi picked up some damage boost on the probe so maybe it evens out in sustained terms.

Although now that I think about it when you wallbang someone, unless you are already standing at the wall, sometimes your first, second, or rarely third will detonate prematurely- in which case the damage from wallbang would actually be increasing with this patch lol because the second two bombs hitting the target are stronger than the second two hitting the target right now. It will depend on what they mean by "max of 2" can hit someone.

Edited by EnzoForMe

Sage heals; Not a **** was given by BW.

I'm not even taking master speed on my current heal builds. What happened to buffing the force management or instant heals? You know, the stuff that everyone complained about and even a BW representative admitted to agreeing with.

Inb4; -This is just part 1 of the buff. Havent you noticed that the real part 2 is never coming?

I think it would be better if BW just stopped trying (or throwing darts at random changes posted on a wall..or whatever the hell they're up to) because every time we've accepted the last mindboggling changes they're pissing us off by doing something worse.

Edited by MidichIorian

Shadow opener burst gets gutted. Opener becomes incredibly messed up. Huge chance to waste Breaching Shadows stacks. Weird "buff" to sorc heals. The changes to snipers are too big for me, as a person who has not played a sniper, to estimate what they would result in. Weird attempts to buff agent dmg even more with strange changes to Explosive Probe. Less RNG for Combat sentinels for PvE, I guess (admittedly less RNG for shadows too, but wasting Breaching Stacks is going to happen all the time so I doubt PvE dps would be better.. if not worse).

Shadow opener burst gets gutted. Opener becomes incredibly messed up. Huge chance to waste Breaching Shadows stacks. Weird "buff" to sorc heals. The changes to snipers are too big for me, as a person who has not played a sniper, to estimate what they would result in. Weird attempts to buff agent dmg even more with strange changes to Explosive Probe. Less RNG for Combat sentinels for PvE, I guess (admittedly less RNG for shadows too, but wasting Breaching Stacks is going to happen all the time so I doubt PvE dps would be better.. if not worse).

Here's what it means for snipers/agents.

Damage/burst is lessened. More frequent burst.

No reduction to energy cost though, so they will OOM themselves to do it. Hybrid Leth is buffed through this.

Combat sentinel and Watchmen Sentinel got a ridiculously big buff.

Sage Seer got the wrong change made to it, should have had a 0 reduction to HP when using noble Sacrifice while having a proc up.

Deception Sin will be about the same, but Madness Sin is literally so good there is no point to deception.

The opener is the same Recklessness from stealth will give 3 sacks just a nerf to electric ambush Recklessness only giving 1 to 2 stacks being or how i read it so 3 stacks to start 1 to 2 on stealth reset.

Electric Ambush now has a 100% chance to grant 1/2 stacks of Static Charge when Recklessness is used (changed from a 50%/100% chance to grant 3 stacks). It still reduces the cooldown of Recklessness upon exiting combat.

Discharge was not really working right from rothc but who does not wait till 3 stacks any ways.

Discharge now properly calculates damage based on the current number of Static Charges. This results in the damage at 1 stack being increased, the damage at 2 stacks being decreased, and the damage at 3 stacks remaining the same.

Edited by Neoforcer

The opener is the same Recklessness from stealth will give 3 sacks just a nerf to electric ambush Recklessness only giving 1 to 2 stacks stacks being or how i read it

Discharge was not really working right from rothc but who does not wait till 3 stacks any ways.

No, you will still get 3 stacks of recklessness if you have the set piece (which obviously you should) but static discharge will no longer get 3 stacks from recklessness. Meaning they are removing the opener of discharge>shock>maul (if you got the proc) or low slash.

This is basically telling assassins to open with spike and then get your stacks of voltage, pop reck, use shock and pray you get your 3rd stack of static charges (which also got a reduced proc rate from voltage). The burst spec just lost its burst.

There will be pretty much no reason to play the spec after 2.10. First they gut scrapper now deception. The whiners crying about stealthers are sadly winning.

Dat carnage buff doh. Pre 2.0 carnage is in the house.

The opener is the same Recklessness from stealth will give 3 sacks just a nerf to electric ambush Recklessness only giving 1 to 2 stacks being or how i read it so 3 stacks to start 1 to 2 on stealth reset.

Nah nah, you got it wrong mate. Current talent (Recklessness gives 3 stacks):

While Surging Charge is active, Recklessness has a [50 / 100]% chance to build 3 Static Charges. Additionally, exiting combat reduces the active cooldown of Recklessness by [30 / 60] seconds.

After change it would give only 2 stacks. Stealth reset or no reset, recklessness always gives same stacks if talent is taken - so instead of 3, it will give 2 now.

The opener will take a big hit though seeing as one unintended ataru form hit will guarantee the loss of a gore window which is a massive dps loss.

I never blow all my burst in the opener either way.

Reliability with a chance to lose damage is a trade off that is so good its ridiculous.

This.

**** you BW.

Let me explain for e 3rd time reckless after spike opener = 2 stacks 100% of the time. with set bonus 3 stacks. hen you stealth to reset in pvp you will get 2 or stack depending on how thins go down 1 vol slash should get 3 stack yep it over

Actually I had it pointed out to me earlier that the change to the slaughter/HoJ proc can potentially nerf carnage, at least during the opener. Because there will be a increased chance that slaughter/HoJ could proc off the opening leap or Battering assault which would cause a loss of a gore, which means a massive loss in damage.

Ataru proccing on leap has always been an issue that will probably never be adjusted, so in that aspect its not a nerf.

The proc on execute returning to pre2.0 status is a huge buff.

The proc to slaughter being a 100% but on a 20 second rate limit can be a potential nerf, but overall 100% is 100%. I'll take that over rng.

Let me explain for e 3rd time reckless after spike opener = 2 stacks 100% of the time. with set bonus 3 stacks. hen you stealth to reset in pvp you will get 2 or stack depending on how thins go down 1 vol slash should get 3 stack yep it over

Are you sure you play this class? Because you seem to have no clue between the differences of static charges and recklessness.

I never blow all my burst in the opener either way.

Reliability with a chance to lose damage is a trade off that is so good its ridiculous.

No but in PvE this will be a massive nerf seeing as the opener does loads of dps. In PvP it will certainly hurt as well. In a sustained fight it may even out but the loss of gore windows by complete luck needs to go.

Nah nah, you got it wrong mate. Current talent (Recklessness gives 3 stacks):

While Surging Charge is active, Recklessness has a [50 / 100]% chance to build 3 Static Charges. Additionally, exiting combat reduces the active cooldown of Recklessness by [30 / 60] seconds.

After change it would give only 2 stacks. Stealth reset or no reset, recklessness always gives same stacks if talent is taken - so instead of 3, it will give 2 now.

No you have it wrong mate currently you get 2 stack and one one from set bonus. See here tell me were is says 2 stack from hitting reckless only it says in combo of the talent Electric Ambush

Ataru proccing on leap has always been an issue that will probably never be adjusted, so in that aspect its not a nerf.

The proc on execute returning to pre2.0 status is a huge buff.

The proc to slaughter being a 100% but on a 20 second rate limit can be a potential nerf, but overall 100% is 100%. I'll take that over rng.

It would be a nerf because it will happen more often now. Getting RNG removal is quite a buff though, but I still dislike gore having such a high chance to reset before you can first use it.

It would be a nerf because it will happen more often now. Getting RNG removal is quite a buff though, but I still dislike gore having such a high chance to reset before you can first use it.

The changes to Slaughter wouldn't be a nerf, you could just put either 1 or 2 points instead of 3 to not make it 100% to proc on ataru form damage.

The changes to Slaughter wouldn't be a nerf, you could just put either 1 or 2 points instead of 3 to not make it 100% to proc on ataru form damage.

Ehh true. Although if they want to reduce RNG on it I think the best way for them to fix this would be to make it so you need two ataru form hits or something along those lines for it to reset. That would stop it from resetting on the leap and reduce the RNG.