I'm Josh. I'm An Altaholic

Malles

I started off rather well. I leveled a Sith Assassin up to level 25 and had every intention of hitting 50 before launch date. But then my real life friends decided they wanted to play on an RP server, so I deleted my Assassin and rerolled him on The Ebon Hawke.

Now, we're on day three. I have leveled a bounty hunter, inquisitor, warrior, agent, jedi knight, and smuggler all up to level 10. And now I must decide what I will use as my main because of, in order of reasons, pyromania, Sith Assassin, Force Leap/Smash combos, and James Bond with ovaries and a face scary beyond all reason. I have professions spread out across all my Sith characters so any main I make will have access to anything they need.

Reasons for Jedi knight and smuggler: Protector of the universe, fights with a shotgun and nut checks.

I started off rather well. I leveled a Sith Assassin up to level 25 and had every intention of hitting 50 before launch date. But then my real life friends decided they wanted to play on an RP server, so I deleted my Assassin and rerolled him on The Ebon Hawke.

Now, we're on day three. I have leveled a bounty hunter, inquisitor, warrior, agent, jedi knight, and smuggler all up to level 10. And now I must decide what I will use as my main because of, in order of reasons, pyromania, Sith Assassin, Force Leap/Smash combos, and James Bond with ovaries and a face scary beyond all reason. I have professions spread out across all my Sith characters so any main I make will have access to anything they need.

Reasons for Jedi knight and smuggler: Protector of the universe, fights with a shotgun and nut checks.

Ouch don't delete. You get 40 characters per account.

I quite enjoyed playing a smuggler during Beta. I didn't think I would but they needed testing done on them so I gave it a shot. The cover system adds an interesting dynamic and I love the cheesy one liners.

Hopeless altaholic here. Thought I would be playing my smuggler exclusively to level cap before rerolling, but the craving started setting in just past Coruscant. (I've made a JK to level 10 and I'm STILL outlevelling all my friends with my smug, lol.)

Have you considered creating a solo character to go alongside a group character? That way you can keep up with friends when they need an extra body but you don't have to give up playing other classes.

Have you thought I having 2 subscriptions so you can log on to 2 different pc. Then you you can group with yourself and play/level 2 characters at once. I think i may be feeding the alt beast. I guesss its like suggesting to an alcoholic lets check out a few liquor stores just for fun. :D Edited by Kopernicous

I've never gotten into 'dual boxing' as many people refer to it as. It requires not only 2 computers, but 2 accounts, and seems like alot of damn work to play 2 toons at once and actually be effective. I'm content to make lots of different characters and play them all individually. Having access to multiple crew skills within your own host of characters is very nice too.

Not only am I a member, I'm the club president! Although, I'm having so much fun with my Sorcerer that I havent actually given into my altaholic ways yet! Got a good group of bonafide altaholics in my guild though, happy to take more!

same with me. it's pretty much a given rule of mine that i have to try every class in a game at least once before i pick a main. this is the first game where i've tossed that rule out the window. you have no idea how difficult it is for me to pull away from my smuggler. >_<

of course, i still have like 3 other characters that i use when playing with friends, seeing how my smuggler beat everyone off Coruscant.

HI JOSH -in the anonymous group-like chant-

I think I need an alt-making patch. Like..a smoking patch, that -attempts- to prevent you from doing what you know you shouldn't?

Maybe a box of those alt-making ones...and have a minimum of 12 on at once. Lmao.

I've ALWAYS made many alts and have been mocked for it in almost every MMO I've ever played. Most of my friends have one that they grind to endgame really super quickly, get bored, become disillusioned and quit soon after they've grinded their first and only alt to the end. Me? No. I want to play and enjoy the game as long as possible, so I take my time. I make alts. With this game it's so different because of the replay value. Not only does each class have their own storyline, but you can replay that class and choose different responses to change the progression a bit. It's so much fun!

I generally like to make one of each so I can decide which I enjoy playing the most. But with SWTOR it's actually worse? I've made one of each so far, all are still on the starter planets...but I'm having a blast! Been considering making two of each at some point so I can try both advanced classes....

-slaps self-

Seriously, it's addictive.

Edited by blindxsecrets

Alts definitively do help with credits. I need to see if I can send some to my main cause I got so owned last night I have 4 credits and nothing worth selling. And my armor isnow yellow and degraded so I am feeling very vulnerable right now (curled up in a ball rocking back and forth). :D

Good thing the appearance options are fairly limited. I'm holding at thirty-six "looks" and alts created across four servers. Only leveled one to thirty, and another six to about ten... but...

...if the char creator had been near SWG/CoX/etc. I'd be in real trouble altwise myself!

Edited by myrdinn

Its not an addiction if you don't admit it or deny it right? :D

Hahahaha. -Clears throat then whistles innocently- An addict? Who...me? I don't know what you're talking about. :cool:

Good thing the appearance options are fairly limited. I'm holding at thirty-six "looks" and alts created across four servers. Only leveled one to thirty, and another six to about ten... but...

...if the char creator had been near SWG/CoX/etc. I'd be in real trouble altwise myself!

I had to have 4 accounts on SWG just so I could have some of the alts I wanted on one server. Darn their whole TWO CHARACTERS PER SERVER AND ONLY 8 TOTAL rule! I'm afraid to add up how much 4 accounts over the span of nearly 5 years cost me...and even that wasn't enough to have all the alts I desired. I never did get that Officer... :( Luckily we can have 8 per server and at least 40 total over here or I'd have at least 2-3 accounts by now...

Edited by blindxsecrets

I'm the same way, always a million alts across multiple servers in games I play. I only have 5 so far because I'm having too much fun with the spaceship missions to want to work on new ones. lol

I will eventually though. I'll likely end up with at least 3 imperial agents (an operative, a sniper, and a male so I can romance kaliyo), 2 sith warriors (I'm not so interested in the warrior, but I want to romance vette so I need my marauder and then I'll make a male), etc etc.. :)

I'm the same way, always a million alts across multiple servers in games I play. I only have 5 so far because I'm having too much fun with the spaceship missions to want to work on new ones. lol

I will eventually though. I'll likely end up with at least 3 imperial agents (an operative, a sniper, and a male so I can romance kaliyo), 2 sith warriors (I'm not so interested in the warrior, but I want to romance vette so I need my marauder and then I'll make a male), etc etc.. :)

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Old_Republic in the companion section. "Bioware has also confirmed same-sex romance options between characters will be available post launch." So in theory it does not matter that you have a male character to romance a female character or the other way around. So the world of Star Wars is going to have some interesting pairings. Not my way to go but I guess why limit.

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Old_Republic in the companion section. "Bioware has also confirmed same-sex romance options between characters will be available post launch." So in theory it does not matter that you have a male character to romance a female character or the other way around. So the world of Star Wars is going to have some interesting pairings. Not my way to go but I guess why limit.

Yeah, I saw that, but I'm not interested in it. It's cool that it'll be there for the people that are, but I'd rather make another character that's a guy. :)

• 1 month later...
OMG! You mean there are others out there? I think the crafting aspect of these games is what mostly causes me to have so many alts, as much as the diversity of the classes. I got my sniper up to level 18 and got a bug to make a Sith assassian. I still love my sniper to death, but am having a blast playing the Sith right now. I successfully got my fiancée interested in the game and she has her own gunslinger on my account and is going to have to play her until BW gets of their ass’s and makes a Mac version for her. I hope it’s soon, cause I’m gonna need that slot :p

• 2 weeks later...

My name is Ron. I am also an Alt-aholic. So must so my Legacy name is Rons'Alts!!!

I have however committed to get my Trooper to 50, just hit 48. I have two alts of each class so I have one of each advanced and I have all crew skills.

On another server I have done the same with all the IMP ones. :)

:D

You're lucky you HAVE real life friends who play the game. My friends are too cheap for $15 a month :p.