Are Basic Comm Schematics worth buying?

ptwonline

I just looked at the Artificer schematics for Basic Comms and they all look worse than an Orange item filled with 66 item mods.

Are ANY of these schematics worth buying (vs Basic Comm level stuff)? Maybe the ear and implant ones?

I did use the willpower tanking implant on my tank until last night, when I replaced it with a second crafted Veracity one. I think they are quite marginal in value, but are at least relatively easy to learn if you are unlucky with reverse engineering.

Implants are as good as the BlackMarket elite commendations ones. Same with earpieces.
True. But the Veracity crafted version is better than those, and the Basic Comms Schematic version, in terms of defensive stat budget. And that "only" needs a couple of Sterilization Kits as purple materials. Edited by Ancaglon

True. But the Veracity crafted version is better than those, and the Basic Comms Schematic version, in terms of defensive stat budget. And that "only" needs a couple of Sterilization Kits as purple materials.

I thought tanking implants (the lvl 54 from biochem trainer) had accuracy. Gotta check those again.

Are the items crafted from these schematics, lvl 54 implants, wrist/belt's, ect. BOP or BOE? I dont see any for sale on the GTN so I'm assuming BOP, but hoping someone can verify. Thanks in advance.

Are the items crafted from these schematics, lvl 54 implants, wrist/belt's, ect. BOP or BOE? I dont see any for sale on the GTN so I'm assuming BOP, but hoping someone can verify. Thanks in advance.

The schems were BOP but the crafted items were BOE last time I looked (pre 2.1).

I found one earpiece that was sorta interesting not a must have (it had Accuracy instead of Surge)* . I did find an implant that I liked... but my Biochem is only 24th level which makes it a bit difficult for her to get Basic Comms. Absolutely nothing interesting for my Artificer, Synth or Armormech.

* Where's my Str >= End + Pow & Surge earpiece EA?

Edited by PlasmaJohn

I looked at all of them and could not see any reason you would buy them if you have crafters that can make all the usual 66 purple gear. It took me only about a day or two to farm, RE, and craft all my purple 66 stuff, including implants, ears, armorings, mods, and enhancements. It would have taken weeks to grind out the daily comms needed to buy the Basic gear and schematics for pieces that aren't buyable. I have no idea why anyone would bother grinding Basic comms at all except to get the Arkanian relics; and once you have those they're good for absolutely nothing.