Where to get schematics and a couple of other quesions.

Truelsegaard

Hey there!

This is a nice game, but not everthing is straigth forward. please help me out here. :D

I have been playing around with a trooper with armourmech, scavaging & underworld trading. It's working nicely so far, and have made my equipment pretty much up to date on my travels. Thanks to this forum!

Some of my underwalrd trading mission have provided my with schematics for sythweaving.

-Where do I get schematics for armourmech?

Also Reverse engineering says I somtimes have a chance to gain new schematics. This have never happened to me.

-Is it worth reverse engineering items?

-is there some specific level or items where it becomes usefull?

Lastly I read that termal regulators supposedly are quite valueble.

-Which crew skill can you optain these through?

-Why are they valueble?

And

-does there exist a database with informations on items requirements? like nessesary skill to craft, items needed nad so forth?

Do not know much about thermal regulators, But my Sniper has also armourtech craft skill alongside underworld trading and slicing(although this is more of a credit boost think than anything else).

Its my first char in the game, so no expert on the matter, but I noted below:-

You can only reverse engineer armour that has the same main skill(willpower, strength, cunning or aim) that either you or or your companion has. So at the moment with Kaylio I can only RE Cunning and Aim based armour gear not strength or willpower based gear. Also when you tooltip over a item it will tell you what craft level you need to RE it.

Basically RE will at lower levels give you 20% of getting a better blue schematic version from RE a green piece (Not sure what chance is from blue to Purple I think it's the same at sub 400 craft level), it only gives that chance on a previously crafted piece of gear mind. The scroll over tooltip will tell you if you have a chance of schematic.

Once you have gained a schematic on RE one particular piece of gear you cant get any further schematics from RE that same piece of gear. RE stuff without a chance of a schemtic will just give you base metals and possibly a argument component used to make arguments kits.

I would say only RE something without a chance of a schematic if you really cant sell it on the GTN. Base metals can be purchased cheap enough on the GTN and argument components can be bought aswell if needed. Arguments are only really useful for the cost you have to put in at MK7-9 levels.

Also forgot at certain craft level you can learn new schematics from the craft trainer for a small cost, keep checking back every so often with your trainer. Once you reach level 400 craft level you need to purchase advanced craft training at 10K cost to go up to 450 level which will enable schematics for the high level argument kits you can craft.

Sometimes although rare you can pick up schematics in the field from loot pickups, including ones from mission schemtics.

Sorry me again overall I would say unless you craft like crazy early on to get your level high enough that you will find the stuff you craft is worse than the stuff you can loot or buy from the GTN at your level. Alot of the time its just a money making exercise rather than improving your own gear at your current level.

I think crafting becomes more useful the more chars you have as you can use higher level char to craft stuff for your lower level chars. Apparently Biochem to produce stims is the best for when leveling, but not tried it myself

Armormech doesn't allow for any Str/Willpower armor to be crafted or Re'd. That gear is made through Synthweaving. all Cunning/Aim armors are made through Armormech.

Thermal Regulators are from the crew skill Slicing. From the Rich/bountiful Tech missions.

Edited by Toraak