Dimished rewards?

Driger

So I went ahead and upgraded my slicing skill so I can now get to 450. The only issue is I'm now seeming to get back less credits then I'm putting into it with the boxes. Now I'm not expecting to get back a large amount over and above what I spend...but when I'm not even breaking even and I'm losing money doing the one crew skill that's supposed to always provide credits I'm a bit confused. Is this supposed to be happening or is this some horrible bug that will be fixed?

Has anyone noticed a change to the slicing boxes with patch 2.0.1? I just ran all the class 7 missions 5 times on 2 separate characters for a total of 10 each and am doing just as poor or worse then before the patch. I don't want to keep trying it, because it's a losing effort right now for my characters.

Has anyone noticed a change to the slicing boxes with patch 2.0.1? I just ran all the class 7 missions 5 times on 2 separate characters for a total of 10 each and am doing just as poor or worse then before the patch. I don't want to keep trying it, because it's a losing effort right now for my characters.

I did not notice any change from pre-patch.

What they said is they are fixing the drop rates to the purple mats for most profs, but they are "waiting to see" about the credits from slic boxes. It sucks, but these missions still drop discovery missions for profs, so that's prob why they keeping them at a credit loss

Because the devs have actually said it's broken, I am not running lockbox missions. It seems foolish to do so knowing that you're going to get back less value than the cost of the mission. Unless, of course, you dislike credits. Then feel free to send the credits to me!

Because the devs have actually said it's broken, I am not running lockbox missions. It seems foolish to do so knowing that you're going to get back less value than the cost of the mission. Unless, of course, you dislike credits. Then feel free to send the credits to me!

I'm still running them. Yes they will give a net loss over time, but he amount is lint and you still can get the mission discoveries which pays for all plus some.

I'm still running them. Yes they will give a net loss over time, but he amount is lint and you still can get the mission discoveries which pays for all plus some.

I might have to run a few then. I miss my mission discoveries. Have to see what the net loss looks like though.

• 3 weeks later...
At least on my server Ebon Hawk, the mission schematics don't sell for enough to offset the cost. Slicing missions sell well, underworld trading for about half of slicing and treasure hunting may sell for half underworld trading and none of the other missions are worth selling. I have 5 toons with maxed slicing and from 3-5 active companions and their account balances keep dwindling. I'm putting more effort into the 41-48 rich missions because they offer the best return. Far too many failures on the max level slicing missions to bother. I've never seen more than 3,500 credits from any of the new lockboxes. I have scorpio and Kaliyo at max affection on my sniper and the two of them consistently lose money at the highest levels despite the affection and slicing bonus.

Run the 3745/3890 tech slicing missions, sell the Thermal Regulators, instead of slicing lockboxes

I've got a total of TWO thermal regs from those missions. I gave them up completely. A loss of at least 100,000 on them, and I'm of the opinion they are still bugged. I still run the occasional lockbox mission, the mission discoveries keep me in some profit for those.

I've got a total of TWO thermal regs from those missions. I gave them up completely. A loss of at least 100,000 on them, and I'm of the opinion they are still bugged. I still run the occasional lockbox mission, the mission discoveries keep me in some profit for those.

I got over fifty TRs from those missions, and I need the blue slicing part anyway

Ive been running slicing every single day since 2.1 and not got one single thermal augmenter. Ive done over 60 total Rich/Bountiful Yield missions between two toons. All that money lost...and not one single thermal augmenter. I can't do my crafting I need to do now because of this. It's very obvious the patch that 2.1 that was supposed to UP the quantity...only LOWERED it significantly. To the point of non-existence. I am done even trying now until this is resolved.

Oh! I've gotten thermal regs - but only by the mission discoveries. So I keep my slicing crit running lockbox missions occasionally and when I get a slicing mission discovery ( he crits on lock boxes, but not on tech parts) I can run the mission discovery to get the thermal regs. Max affection, +2 critical and 2 thermal regs in approximatly 50 or so missions - not for me. I'll only do the sure thing mission discoveries now to get thermal regs for my crafting augments.

Personally I've gotten way more thermal regulators the last few days than before the patch.

There are highs and there are lows, sometimes I go days without getting one, then I get a streak where it feels I'm critting every time I log a character.

Yesterday evening i've made my crew run slicing missions for lockboxes. Today i log, open the boxes and, by simple comparison between the income and the cost of the missions, i see that i lost around 3-4k credits.

Something is still wrong here.

Yesterday evening i've made my crew run slicing missions for lockboxes. Today i log, open the boxes and, by simple comparison between the income and the cost of the missions, i see that i lost around 3-4k credits.

Something is still wrong here.

I think the mission "Credit Drain" makes it abundantly clear what the intent is, don't you? ;)